- - - - -

B4 the Bell, Ilovebushday, Aug 17, 2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
307 replies to this topic

#61 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:11 AM

Launch the Anvil Scotty- Aye Capt... anvil away-Blast Shield up all ahead full-she's going to blow!

Oh N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o ...

Save the baby Googlers! :o
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#62 Guest_bullseatshitndie_*

Guest_bullseatshitndie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:14 AM

A new vehicle to short? http://money.cnn.com...dging/index.htm

unreal.
why not have options on the #'s dumps al takes a day

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:18 AM

check out HSY

#64 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

A new vehicle to short?  http://money.cnn.com...dging/index.htm

unreal.

Ummm... OK.

http://www.gs.com/econderivs/
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

Doesn't look like oil wants to cooperate.

#66 Jimi

Jimi

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Doesn't look like oil wants to cooperate.

Can you provide a current quote?
Sure glad all my albums went GOLD.
"Ferdy-bee-bee-dee-ferbs."
Subscribe & Earn Karma Miles with Every Visit!
Rule #5 Professional Exemption.
Blind Follower, Just Think Positive Hyperinflation, I Get Paid 500 Quadrillion Dollars/Hour at 1000% Interest/Hour Compounding Forever Each Mouse Click Religion.
"I too observe 'flation.'"
I love you, TASR!
YOU MAKE KITTY SCARED
Tops Take Time
Postulate A Free Lunch Economy
Anyone, now, who is not genuinely afraid is a moran.
[T]housands of empty stucco crapboxes vacated after being circle-jerk sham-traded among corrupt borkers, uppraisers and loan officers from 100K up to 800K, then "nopay-walkaway" (with dirty loan cash in pockets)
Guess again, girlfriend.
Or, $2.7 million every effing day since the effing pinball machine.
Permabear Hysterian

#67 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Balls to the wall screaming short once again...
Oil made me do it...
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#68 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Flubber lives...from todays Vancouver Sun P.2 byline Misty Harris... Metal Rubber joins the Indestructibles...A shape shifting material known as Metal Rubber is joining Cockroaches,Twinkies and Keith Richards on the list of things most likely to survive a Nuclear Holoxaust. An invention of chemists at nanosonic in Blackburg Va. Metal Rubber is the stuff of which comic book legends are made. According to Popular Science "You can twist it, stretch it double, fry it to 200 C, douse it with Jet Fuel and it will survive every time. When the abuse stops the materiel "snaps like rubber back to its original shape , all the while conducting electricity like solid metal"..the article goes on to point out the first customer is the Armed Forces..sounds like GreenSlams brain-Huh! ;)

#69 beardrech

beardrech

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

"More than half of all homeowners who fall behind on payments on loans owned or are insured by the three largest players in the mortgage market are being offered financial rescue plans designed to save them from the horrors of foreclosure."  http://www.washingto...-2004Aug13.html

It's no wonder that with consumer so stretched out we don't see the evidence in housing that one would expect. The question is: Is this an organized, sponsored, program to keep the housing market going or is this just the GSEs trying to avoid collapse? Some of these programs are absolutely ridiculous:

"long-term forbearance. It's the same idea as short-term forbearance, but deals with more serious delinquencies and allows suspension or reduction of payments for four and 12 months."
(Why not just send us a check when you get a chance? Better yet, take all of your monthly payments and buy NDX futures then just pay us back with the profits. See CNBS and late night infomercials for details.)

Partial claims. In certain cases, the FHA "advances" -- that is, pays -- the arrears owed by a delinquent borrower to bring the loan account current. In exchange, the borrowers sign a promissory note secured by the property to repay FHA when they sell the house or pay off the mortgage.
(Since you seem unable to afford this house we have decided to lend you more money???!!! WTF)

It seems we have learned a great deal from china and the environmentalists

Both recognise that "Consumericus brokitus Customeritus" is an endangered species and that loyalty to our Earth Mother Gaia compels us to sacrifice every ounze of brainmatter in our coconuts in order to salvage the remnants of the dying species

Lest we become complacent other species in jeapardy have been seen just over the horizon:ReBrokeritis Syphaleticus", Bankster Ghonawritis".who within a comparatively short time will need the benefits of its symbiotic species "CB Dhiarheaitis Liquiditus"--

Scientific economists, all over the world, are feverishly seeking the solution towards making the interelationships between the numerous species above more companionable lest they wind up burying each other alive
beardrech :ph34r: :cry:

#70 rog

rog

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

A new vehicle to short?  http://money.cnn.com...dging/index.htm

unreal.

Years ago, when I was considering a PHd in Finance, I started a thesis on real estate equity futures. Very similar to this proposal. My proposal focused on more sophisticated institutional properties such as large buildings in major cities. My conclusions and the board of advisors @ UoC agreed:

There is no natural counterparty
Traders cannot hedge this risk
Banks already hedge loan risk through syndication or securitization
Investors are not sophisticated enough to understand or demand such a product (witness the use of ARMs at generational low interest rates, and the inability of most small investors to comprehend options or shorting)
The use of real options is very limited in RE transactions and thus financial options would not reduce existing frictions
* This concept flys in the face of conventional wisdom: Real estate never goes down

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:31 AM

oil up .56

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:32 AM

Do I hear $47?

#73 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:33 AM

The window is expanding stay with it till 5 to the hour-nice Bull trap Huh!

#74 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

When is google free to trade?

Assuming it opens around $100, I'd say it will take about six months to get to zero.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course I'm caustic!

#75 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

A new vehicle to short?   http://money.cnn.com...dging/index.htm

unreal.

Years ago, when I was considering a PHd in Finance, I started a thesis on real estate equity futures. Very similar to this proposal. My proposal focused on more sophisticated institutional properties such as large buildings in major cities. My conclusions and the board of advisors @ UoC agreed:

There is no natural counterparty
Traders cannot hedge this risk
Banks already hedge loan risk through syndication or securitization
Investors are not sophisticated enough to understand or demand such a product (witness the use of ARMs at generational low interest rates, and the inability of most small investors to comprehend options or shorting)
The use of real options is very limited in RE transactions and thus financial options would not reduce existing frictions
* This concept flys in the face of conventional wisdom: Real estate never goes down

Rog you are dam smart :lol: tanks for your thoughts!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart