B4 the Bell Wiki Tiki Endi

Guest yobob1

(...) What's different about Iraq? Not much.

There are many differences.

The USA is in no position to play emperor of the middle-east. The only chance the USA had was to align itself with the interests of the Iraqi people. They failed. Now they will lose in Iraq, just like the USA also lost in Vietnam, the Soviets lost in Afghanistan and Israel lost in Lebanon.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rising oil prices is what will make energy substitutes more attractive and eventually more affordable.

Until I read this article, I would have disregarded the idea that high prices will bring about alternative energy sources. According to this, we may be able to have an economy based on ethanol and it is getting close to being competitive in price with fossil fuels.

Washington Monthly article on Ethanol

American Administrations have this arcane view that "Democracy" is good for everyone and yet outside of N. America and Europe and Australia it is a hated concept and one that cannot work in their societies. Russia is a classic case to them Communism going down the tubes was a good thing, then their Country started to balkanize and they embraced Democracy western style and then the bottom fell out and their lives were totally turned upside down. Along comes Putin who is viewed as a Strong man that they can identify with soon he rules with an Iron Fist and life to them starts to get better and slowly Russia grinds back to the totalitarian State it was minus the Communist Doctrine of course. Africa is another failed exercise in Democracy virtually every Country in Africa has tried it and watched it fail . - Most of the World lives in abject poverty and has forever we are the have, they the have-nots and then we say we will make you free-Bullshit! they say! you will impose a even worse fate on us then we have now that is a point of view that is hard to argue-Huh!

What kind of people will come out of such schools? People who have no knowledge of history.

You mean like the current U.S. school system?

Kids do not learn history there -- they are taught historical pro U.S. propaganda.

oh yay. the plan's been in motion here for some time.

Funny how pro-Americanism is the basis for all US run schools!

Recent BBC prog about Brits who went to Costa Rica to "make a new life" for themselves.They(the parents) wanted their kids to go to a "state" Spanish speaking school but one of the kids knowledge of the local language was too poor so he went to the private American school.Even though the kids there were from various nationalities(incl. kids of rich Costa Ricans) the kids were bombarded everyday with US history and propaganda.Didn't learn any other history-just how great the US is/was.

The British parents were so bothered by this that they removed their kid from the school.

Get 'em young and brainwash them. B)

To reiterate what we told subscribers last weekend: There's something pretty big coming between September 2 and September 10 which will be emerging into consciousness around September 23 and which will be fully in the public's mind by November 1st.? This has shown up in almost 6-months of data runs.? No, it's not the elections - and whatever it is, it will have impacts lasting past March of 2005 and there's a "water aspect" to the period after the event.

George Ure,urbansurvival.com

My antennae pick up a sense of impending violence.

New York City, under the nasty control of Mayor Mike "Shvuntz" Bloomberg, has denied permits for demonstrations in Central Park during the RePukeLickin' convention, saying that the park "doesn't have enough capacity" and "it would damage the grass."

I've been to free concerts in Central Park that attracted hundreds of thousands. So don't lie to me, lying liars.

If nothing else, the hostile NYC cops will drive protestors off the midtown streets and into the park. I have little doubt that fedgov provocateurs will try to instigate some stylistic ultraviolence for the Fox News cameras. In the worst case, it could turn into Chicago '68, or even the Kent State thing. :cry:

Hope this is all wrong. But when I try to "think like a fascist" to anticipate the next move of the Bushco brownshirts, that's what I come up with.

Schtinker talking about "peak oil". He's a believer. Didn't have time to listen to the whole rant. If Starship Schtinker turns bearish, LOB.

The social reflex will be to "go nuke". Uranium is like copper; surface supply is almost exhausted. Price will be no object when uranium gets scarce. The Mother of All Squeezes.

I've been buying CCJ for a month on dips. Anyone know any uranium juniors?

post-20-1092530289_thumb.gif

Trouble with "democracy" is that it can evolve into a corporate driven dictatorship ie the situation of the US today.

No ordinary citizen's vote counts anymore.The only (pre)occupation of politicians is staying in power long enough to get re-elected.Damn the people--promise them anything you need to promise them in order to get elected.Once you're "in" then allegiance to the corporate paymasters

re-asserts itself.The tithes must be repaid.Accountability to the "electorate" is zero--once you're in,it's almost impossible to get you out within the x-year period.

Beware the man/woman who openly utters the word "democracy".

Another Stoolie quoted the Noo Joisey saying(something to the effect of)

"make a law--create a business"--that's what democracy is about!

Quite a chart LoU.Is that a cup and handle I spy with my little eye?

News here(NL) reporting some Dutch researchers(published this month in Nature) have apparently found a way of slowing down light!!!!!!

Me no comprendez.However,if their discovery could be applied to solar-panel technology,they reckon that efficiency would be improved from the current 15%.Imagine if solar collectors were to become viable for energy production!Uranium looks like good bet in the meantime though!

(...) What's different about Iraq? Not much.

There are many differences.

The USA is in no position to play emperor of the middle-east. The only chance the USA had was to align itself with the interests of the Iraqi people. They failed. Now they will lose in Iraq, just like the USA also lost in Vietnam, the Soviets lost in Afghanistan and Israel lost in Lebanon.

I'll ask directly...what are "the Iraqi people" going to do about 4 heavily protected bases in Iraq? That is the primary success of the US involvement, now plain for the world to see. It certainly wasn't about ensuring 10$ per bbl oil! Nobody in Washington cares about Joe and Jane Iraqi.

...what are "the Iraqi people" going to do about 4 heavily protected bases in Iraq? ...

They're going to do the same thing people in America, Germany, Okinawa and everywhere else do. Nothing. But we will pay for them. Its all about money and jobs for institutionalized militarists who have dreams about ruling the world and get tight in the sphincter when they begin to loose control even a little bit.

----------------

dater_squad.gif

http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore....er_firing_squad

great, lets the germans and other Nato-types carry the load of their defense.? i was there in 1973-1974 for the "Great Guesthouse Wars" and checked out the Fulda Gap.? i couldnt believe the defense plan that required use to drive from Butzbach to Fulda Gap as Russians come driving through.? it had to involve "other means".?

ha! And who made that defensive plan? I bet my ass it wasnt the german army, but the NATO itself, always controlled by the US. Tactial things and stuff like that were at least in the 70s under full control of the US.

my point wasnt who breaded the schnitzel, it was that the plan was bogus to begin with? it must have been based upon a long notice via sattelite intelligence or something. our response time would have been variable depending upon how much Lebanese Red, Afghan Black, Brown Rock or China White was floating wound the base. this was the period when the Army switched from draft to volunteer and many of the soldiers were in the Army as their only option to be sentenced to jail. dude, half the base was nodding off most of the time - and amsterdam was only a short train ride away....

edit: the world would obviously be a safer place w/o muslims. :lol: look for this tact to be taken as muslims are demonized.

ok, i understand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, grat weekend threads both here and at M2M. Guess, if i would be awake another few hours i could start a real rumble here. :lol:

Archived