B4 The Bell Humpday August 11

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MoGauge Teeters

Lower Rates Don't Spur Demand

Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important MoGauge , straight from the MoGauge Bankers Ass. The MoGauge reflects a major source of liquidity in the financial bubble world and is an important indicator of future market behavior, often forecasting broad market movements months in advance. Take a subscribatory and download your MoGauge RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Thank you Dr. Stool...

They pump and they raise rates..... It doesn't seem like this strategy can work. Even if it held the economy and currency up a bit....its a highly highly unstable combination.....

Overall it puts off the adjustment needed for the economy and it makes the system invest more in financial schemes which are not productive.

The bottom line here is that real wealth is not being directed to economic job growth areas and there will not be enough workers with enough savings and disposable income to keep this economy going. The inevitable higher rates on the long side will stop the housing market in its tracks and real business profits will decline.

In any case, the market and econmy is at the end part of the game. The Fed may have excercised its only option available at this point...but its a feeble attempt. Markets will likely fall significantly for the forseeable future. If we don't have a steep decline the rest of the week and next, it will surely come around the September 21st Fed meeting. ...imho

Personally, I think we are headed down from here on out....I haven't seen such a clear and obvious picture of a downtrend ever......

Thanks MH! Still concerned about all the outlays not being accounted for....

Yes, you are right ... "accounting tricks" to defer expenses into the next fiscal year reach a peak just before the election.

Plus, rising interest rates will make federal debt servicing costs go up. This process starts slowly, but has the potential to gather strength like a Caribbean hurricane and go exponential in two or three years.

The U.S. turned back from walking down that road in 1980. I don't think it will turn back the next time.

Tanks to Grand Poopercycle, I found the script error that was causing the error message. The number 200 describing the width of the browser buddy in the script that opens the browser buddy, (My Assistant link in top menu), was split in the middle putting the 20 on one line and the 0 on the next, making it unreadable. It was buried in the board's header template. Took me about 15 minutes to find in the boards byzantine mysql coding system, after using the javascript console in Firefart browser to identify it.

See the trouble I go to for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc,I just realized that today is the first for ages that I haven't got a little error logo at the bottom of my page!

It was always "page loaded but with errors on page".What a service Doc!

Doc, thanks for the guidance on the economy disconnect with the stock market. I keep talking about it because this time around the stock market decline will also bring down the economy concurrently..... The economic decline will further strain liquidity this time because asset values are going to suffer..... No matter how much pumping the Fed does, its doubtful that it can keep up.... imho But we shall see....weather we enter an inflationary recession/depression or a deflationary one.... There will be trouble and I am not that smart to predict how it will turn out....I'm on the deflationary side this day, hour and minute...subject to change quickly...lol

Good Morning Crew- I said yesterday morning that Chambers and NutsDuck would crumble into dust after Criscos earnings...little did I realize how right i would be. This looks and smells CRASH ugly..no other way to put it. Window at the bell for one hour and this window looks like a real Bad Ass. Helmets on, lock n load, Buckle up! ;)

Archived