- - - - -

Steel Wool

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
187 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 08:38 AM

Good morning, everyone.

I am pleased to report that Nancy's brother William came through yesterday's quadruple heart bypass procedure just fine. Again, for those of you who joined the integrated medicine effort by sending him IP, much thanks from the two of us! :) :) :)

This from yesterday's New York Post:

She's pulling the wool over their eyes.

Sandi Weld claimed her pet sheep began producing steel wool after she moved to Iron Mountain in Michigan.

"It grazed on the mineral-rich grass. When it came time to shear it in the spring, I ended up with nine pounds of steel wool," she said.

Some shaggy sheep story! It won her the title of World Champion Liar in the annual contest sponsored by Wisconsin's Burlington Liars Club.

Nancy came by just as I was preparing to post this. She said, "Since it's been thought by some that perhaps normal sheep shrink in the rain, could it be that this particular sheep rusts in the rain?"

#2 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:15 AM

a study in averages - Uncle Buck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 mksloth

mksloth

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:20 AM

Interesting comments from CyclePro. This has already appeared elsewhere on the Stool - figured it would give us something to read while waiting...

#4 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:21 AM

gold vs. buck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

#6 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:35 AM

The US Dollar
Posted Image
Credit: http://quotes.ino.com

Gold
Posted Image
Credit: http://cdchart.innovative-software.com

NDX futures (delayed)
Posted Image
Credit: http://www.livecharts.com

SPX futures (delayed)
Posted Image
Credit: http://www.livecharts.com

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#7 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:36 AM

SG chimes in

I updated my Thursday numbers this morning about an hour ago on the LOB thread...

26.30 likely on Q's retrace, followed by 24.57 downleg...

Also, 26.42 is possible as well....

SG in cash as he covered last night. SG remains a tad worried about a 27.30 retrace on Q's and so took profits....

Update ya later... check the SG thread on LOB for more detail.

#8 Miss Moneypenny

Miss Moneypenny

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:37 AM

US jobless claims fall to 389,000. Reuters survey forecast was 397,000. Many reports of Dec. same store sales up. Let's see if they can ramp it up this morning. Not too much action in the futures on the news, so looks weak to me.
The moment you stop and analyze what "should" be happening, instead of what "is" happening,
is the moment you have to hand your money to the next trader - Blackbelt
Call me kinky, but I pay to see Doc's Anals!

#9 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:38 AM

HUI ready for a blow out - any day now - 180 in the bag.

Posted Image

#10 Miss Moneypenny

Miss Moneypenny

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:43 AM

A 1-1/2 point ramp is it for the S&P futures??? Very weak indeed. Looks like this could be all they got. Hmmmm -- short it again here? (nibble nibble on my nails...) Naw - I wait a little longer just to be sure.
The moment you stop and analyze what "should" be happening, instead of what "is" happening,
is the moment you have to hand your money to the next trader - Blackbelt
Call me kinky, but I pay to see Doc's Anals!

#11 richmtn

richmtn

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:43 AM

JAM JAM JAM JAM
JAM JAM JAM JAM

#12 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:44 AM

Qubes are trading 26.23 on Island. 33 cent gain from 4:15PM close- pretty substantial.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#13 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:47 AM

Al Green is working the levers again.......

Here we go again......

Will we cross the 200-day?
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#14 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:50 AM

guten tag liebe stoolies!

DAX was at 2933 this morning, but a bounce was due, rsi in 1 hour chart was at 24, now moved up above 30 again and broke its downtrendline, now DAX at 2979.

I take my postions mainly based on rsi in 1 hour chart, it wokrs in DAX and currencies. I dont need a sophisticated answer, like "rsi is just the summation of bla bla bla", for me it works, basta. :lol:
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#15 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:52 AM

So far a drain- is it 4B? - on the 28 day repo expiring today.

Open Market Operations
Temporary Open Market Operations: 01/09/2003
Maturity Date: 02/06/03
Delivery Date: 01/09/03
The Desk has entered the market announcing: 28-Day RP
Temporary Operations Statistics:
Treasury Collateral Operation Agency Collateral Operation Mortgage-Backed Collateral Operation
Weighted Average Rate
1.230 NA NA
Stop Out Rate (Lowest Rate Accepted) 1.230 NA NA
Highest Rate Submitted 1.240 1.260 1.270
Lowest Rate Submitted 1.170 1.230 1.250
Total Propostions Submitted (In $Bil.) 24.150 16.550 9.900
Total Propositions Accepted (In $Bil.) 3.000 0.000 0.000

Total Money Value of Operation (In $Bil.) 3

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart