Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Frieday August 6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
217 replies to this topic

#16 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:31 AM

Shocker 32000
Bye Bye market
WOW
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:31 AM

8:30am 08/06/04

U.S. July nonfarm payrolls up 32,000 By Rex Nutting
WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -The U.S. economy added 32,000 nonfarm payroll jobs in July as hiring slowed for the fourth straight month, the Labor Department reported Friday. It was the slowest job growth of the year. Economists were expecting much stronger payroll growth of about 235,000 in July. Payroll growth in May and June was revised lower by a cumulative 61,000. Meanwhile, a separate survey of households showed the unemployment rate fell to 5.5 percent from 5.6 percent as 629,000 more adults were working. In July, hiring slowed across most sectors. Goods-producing industries added 18,000 including 10,000 in manufacturing. Services-producing industries added 14,000 jobs, the lowest since August 2003.

#18 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:32 AM

GOLD and silver to da moon
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#19 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:32 AM

SHOCKER$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#20 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:33 AM

What are they up too??????????????
Save that bond market
This is UB
Posted Image

#21 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

32,000 jobs -- ignore the fictional 5.5% U-rate -- crumbs for the peeps.

Bonds soaring -- dollah tanking -- gold soaring -- stock fucutures tanking.

My kind of day. :lol:
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#22 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

The bond market action is STUNNING
Posted Image

#23 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:36 AM

Bonds going BERZERKER

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#24 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

The bond market action is STUNNING

Ranger Rick pointed out, these would have been "limit up" moves in da old days!

- our jickiss

#25 Madame Wrecked Him

Madame Wrecked Him

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

LLD, I also understand RE has remained almost surprisingly strong, so far.

Yet from a personal POV, I'm hearing a slightly different story. I have a brother over there who has had his house on the market since before the beginning of the year. He's dropped his price, but it's not moving. It's a little surprising, because he is a consummate salesperson and has successfully sold a couple of previous properties, even in difficult markets.

I suppose it's very much a regional thing.

Since he's planning to use the equity to finance consumption expenditure and has no savings - at age 37 - my personal belief is that essentially being forced to stay in a house that is partially rented out and covering the mortgage, is probably not such a bad situation, in the big scheme of things.

By the way he attributes my gloom and doom economic views to an excessive interest in financial matters, while I would say the opposite of him. B)

From the Guardian

#26 Guest_bullseatshitndie_*

Guest_bullseatshitndie_*
  • Guests

bring it home mama!!

#27 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:37 AM

Looks like they are willing to sacrifice stocks to get another round of refi madness started. ITS NOT GOING TO WORK.
Posted Image

#28 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:37 AM

Silver!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#29 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:41 AM

Anuthuh muy curioso thing that Ranger Rick pointed out --

Fed funds fucutures still indicate a 25-bip hike next Tuesday, though September's becoming more of a "horse race."

BUTT (_)_) -- what Uncle Al needs as cover to back off on Tuesday's hike is -- get this -- RISING EARL PRICES -- which he regards as a kind of market tightening, obviating the need for action on his part.

That is shockingly inverted logic. It means accommodating inflation, which would have given Paul Volcker a heart attack.

But the bizarre result is that to kill next week's rate hike, the Matrix needs to drive up the EARL PRICE to fifty dollah.

As urban denizens used to say in the old underground comix -- "Man ... white folks sho' is crazy!"

- our jickiss

#30 An Ant

An Ant

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:44 AM

Looks like they are willing to sacrifice stocks to get another round of refi madness started. ITS NOT GOING TO WORK.

That's what I think too.

I recently bought a house and paid 2 points to get my rate to 5.125 from 5.5

It's not going to be proven a smart move after all.

We are not Japan. Yeah right!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart