Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Moonday July 26

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
265 replies to this topic

#61 HiHat

HiHat

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

Microsoft up..........$.50............morons buying Barrons garbage shilling

#62 Guest_yobob1_*

Guest_yobob1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

Matrix morning lockout was a success for this test run.

Read that 90% of the summer "doldrum" trading has been robots and hedgehogs.

Looks to me like the robots might be lining up. Wonder if the buy the dip program kicks in or the buy and you become a dip program is at work. Wonder if all of the new hedge fund investors are thrilled with their returns enough to say gimme my money back?

Short positions in gold and silver overwhelming - once again.

Can you believe those housing numbers? I can't. Probably well adjusted by seasoning. More Salt!!!

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

As you know I am way short. But I am looking for a hedge and one that caught my eye today is ANDW as it is being hammered down 25% to 10.92 currently.

Looking a a 1/3 position LTBH

What say youz?

#64 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:04 PM

As you know I am way short. But I am looking for a hedge and one that caught my eye today is ANDW as it is being hammered down 25% to 10.92 currently.

Looking a a 1/3 position LTBH

What say youz?

Could be a "bounce" play Sleddy

Andrew Trims Outlook, Shares Plummet
Monday July 26, 11:00 am ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Telecommunications equipment maker Andrew Corp. (NasdaqNM:ANDW - News) saw its stock lose more than 25 percent of its value in early trading on Monday after the company forecast lower fourth-quarter profit and revenue
http://biz.yahoo.com...ew_earns_1.html

#65 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:17 PM

Chris Johnson writing in Schaeffers Monday Morning Outlook-says Naz is doomed, Softy which is the heaviest weighted stock is finished. Also says QQQ p/c ratio is at the low of the year reflecting no fear as they have all piled into calls-luv it, just luv it! ;)

#66 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

Ten year yield has a woody this morning
They are having one tough time finding BUYERS these days
The bounces are becoming more and more anemic
Only the hard core traders are still awake at the party
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#67 Butterfield 8

Butterfield 8

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:32 PM

Sherlock - same boat but waiting for a retrace ( :( ) we should both heed Brian and stick with the strongest - GG, NEM, GLG, SIL.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:51 PM

Doesn't look like the usual games are working today.

Sea Change?

#69 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:57 PM

Doesn't look like the usual games are working today.

Sea Change?

If this is the best the bulls could do bouncing off a "major" support point, then they should be afraid. Very afraid.

Attached Images

• Darkness_Falls.JPG

#70 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

Opening now for 70 minutes we should see a newlow keep your eye on 9906 we break that its a cliff dive. Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:01 PM

Sherlock - same boat but waiting for a retrace ( :( ) we should both heed Brian and stick with the strongest - GG, NEM, GLG, SIL.

Butterfield, I was actually thinking about you as I sold my shares,
knowing that you were confronting the same dilemna that I was.
How much adversity can a die-hard GoldBug take?

Hindsight: I did not treat my mining shares the way you treat other shares.
My idealism over the "value of gold" got in the way of setting downside limits.

I agree w/your point. On the next go-round, buy stronger stocks.
Is SSRI a strong one?

#72 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

Many months ago I mentioned Air Canada TSE:AC was a screaming short at around 1.50. AC has been in CCAA {Chapter 11} for over a year and has told all "investors" and holders of the common they would get nothing upon reemergence from bankruptcy. Recently the last contract of 9 unions was signed and it now looks as though the restructuring is done. Months ago Victor Li {Trinity time investments} was sent scurrying back to Hong Kong when the unions basically told him the defined benefit pension plans were non negotiable. As no other bailout artist was willing to take Li's place ACs largest debtor Deutche Bank stepped up to the plate and saved the day. Usury was at stake and the loan write off would of been enormous. Air Canada was nothing more then an Argentina with wings.
Last week shareholders were informed they would get a fraction of a cent on the dollar for shares held and only if tens of thousands were owned. Immediately AC dumped going from 1.20 to .35 cents Cdn.
It has since bounced to .68 cents. With the shares going to zero in the next few months I will not be clearing just yet. Better yet I am under the impression that the trade will not be covered as how can you buy back worthless stock. Nice taxation implications! If Im wrong on this or anyone out there has experience shorting bankrupt companies could you post or pm me.
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#73 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

CFC getting kicked
MBI on the edge of a melt
FNM and FRE dont care as the HGX is staggering badly in danger of passing out.
Posted Image

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

Looks like real selling to me.

How many big boys gamed TSN and CFC?

Game Over?

#75 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

The RUT also looking over the cliff
Posted Image

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart