Photo
- - - - -

B4 the Bell Turdsday July 8, 2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
272 replies to this topic

#61 depends

depends

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:36 AM

Today my tout is OPTV which settled lawsuit with disney, espn etc.
and they will pay them. :D long from 2.2

#62 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:36 AM

SOX lifting off
Whats next in the script ...the HGX?
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#63 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:37 AM

Well he surely wasn't his normal hostile self-Buuut he hangs around for awhile-Opening in 3 minutes till 10 past the hour-can he redeem himself??

#64 brian4

brian4

• Banned
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

Sinclair is oh so right-I posted about the stupidity of that move a week ago. Had the Chinese Navy done the same war would result and in this case it may well. The insane act of an insane moron!

#65 zensmoke

zensmoke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

Tort tax?????

Snow said the U.S. economy has moved beyond recovery into sustained growth. Nonetheless, he highlighted the U.S. judicial system as a threat to the economy just a day after Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry chose successful trial lawyer John Edwards as his vice presidential candidate.

"We know that the current tort system is costing America well over $200 billion each year that's a tort tax - paid in the form of lower wages, higher product prices, and reduced investments - of $809 for every individual and more than $3200 for a family of four," Snow told members of the Portland Chamber of Commerce.

Dow Jones Newswires

#66 brian4

brian4

• Banned
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

window now closing-a bit better but not much-the Pig is on her own for a fair while here-patience we will re visit the lows by the close! ;)

#67 rog

rog

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:13 PM

Dupont tagged for high levels of C8 a chemical used in teflon for non-stick cookware apps (ya, they make a lot of it). High levels of C8 found in water supplies near W. Virginia & Ohio teflon plants. Also found in blood stream of pregnant workers and their fetuses.

minimum fine is $300mm. Company could be subject to litigation for cover up. stock is slipping

#68 orvack

orvack

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:17 PM

Sinclair is oh so right-I posted about the stupidity of that move a week ago. Had the Chinese Navy done the same war would result and in this case it may well. The insane act of an insane moron!

"Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful."

-- Aldous Huxley

Attached Images

• Bush_Umbrella.jpg

#69 Pee Brain

Pee Brain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

B4, saw you Smashcroft post from last night - good one :lol:

not to beat a dead horse, but i was surprised to hear that a simple rocker switch now costs $6!!!!!!!!!! its wasnt that long ago that you could buy the WHOLE coffee maker for under $20, may like $14.99? or am i mistaken.
Iat least we're all safe for now. thank God we're in a bowling alley.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:27 PM

Terror alert  is when the taxpayer gets the bill for all this 

The cost of the goverment protecting its politicians is obscene 

Pay the bills through taxation or the printing press............ :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#71 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:27 PM

not to beat a dead horse, but i was surprised to hear that a simple rocker switch now costs $6!!!!!!!!!! its wasnt that long ago that you could buy the WHOLE coffee maker for under $20, may like $14.99? or am i mistaken.

You must be wrong. There's no inflation.
Of course I'm caustic!

#72 yellowfish

yellowfish

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

Here is a link for the dupont C8 mess

Ohio Citzen Action
"No matter what happens, I will look back and smile" - Beardrech

#73 Madame Wrecked Him

Madame Wrecked Him

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

Dupont tagged for high levels of C8 a chemical used in teflon for non-stick cookware apps (ya, they make a lot of it). High levels of C8 found in water supplies near W. Virginia & Ohio teflon plants. Also found in blood stream of pregnant workers and their fetuses.

minimum fine is $300mm. Company could be subject to litigation for cover up. stock is slipping

It must be coincidence that this is happening so close to the 50 & 200.

#74 rog

rog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:37 PM

You guys fail to understand the arbitrage economy we now live in. Nobody buys coffee makers anymore. Simply go to the Gevalia (or any other mail-order coffee) website and order 1 lb of gourmet (I recommend Kanya AA) for $10. They throw in a good quality coffee maker for free and shipping is free too. NO further purchases are required.

Gevalia (KFT) is happy to provide a $79 Krups coffee maker + 1lb of gourmet coffe for $10 because they make it all back on volume.

#75 zensmoke

zensmoke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

DJ US EPA To Take Action Vs DuPont Over Teflon Health Risks

DOVER, Del. (AP)--The Environmental Protection Agency will take action against chemical giant DuPont (DD) for failing to provide information about the health risks of a chemical used to make Teflon, officials said Thursday.
Dow Jones Newswires

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart