B4 the Bell Turdsday July 8, 2004

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HB- McHugh and Doc and I and TE are pretty much in agreement , as I said earlier a rally to 1120 could be a Friday smiley-face and then lights out but I am leaning to continuation. There is the convergence of a lot of forces on the house of cards right now and the Funds are running on empty as far as cash is concerned. In the real world what just happened to Twig and my Nieces husband both being in highly skilled and well paid IT jobs just reinforces my thoughts of a Tech CRASH leading the way. ;)

Many tanks. It seems like all mentioned are plugged into where the market is going lately.

Even as a bear, it is still surprising to see a wave of layoffs suddenly hit high tech.

This weak's money supply figures show continued stagnation. Money supply should be growing faster with the stimulus of lower long term rates for mortgages and faster growth of the monetary base. But it's not, like Hypertiger says - the credit system is not working so well lately.

The American Peso is getting pounded into ratshit tonite-go GOLD!

The dollar is the weak link here.

They can't raise rates fast enough to support it.

But any renewed rate cut or reliquifaction attempt will crush it.

The dollar is where the bill comes due for the long-running "free lunch."

Bad money drives up good. ;)

Exactly.

Rates will not rise fast enough to offset the increased production of dollars. The Fed appears to be sleathily initiating its quantiative expansion of the monetary base at the same time double talking about raising rates because the economy is "strong". :angry:

Guest Icky Twerp
Ickster who is on board now recently had the "TWig" experience as well I hope Twig has Icky's luck! ;)

Network HARD with everyone you know.

I don't wanna diss the cheery optimism, but I counsel cold assessment. . .

Geez, if you're here, you're expecting the worst. . .

Best of luck, Twig. . . .

Virtually no doubt in my mind, Brian. Just looking for a good entry point to increase my shorts. I think Spoos bounce off the 200-day MA tomorrow and then retrace 50%. We shall see...

Yepper, but I am looking for a smaller bounce. 1115-1118.

Another silly night of golf. Got 2 three for one's though. :)

twig -

been through it myself last year. stay cool and take what the govt gives...and network and talk to placement services if you have them in your area.

it was not fun, but ended up better. best of luck...

r

Twig....Ain't that a brown saguaro!

My heart really goes out to you my good man. I feel so helpless to add something positive. All I can come up with are banalities.

Your experience is the kind of thing that made me decide to start my own small business years ago. It gave me a feeling of being more in control of my own destiny. The bumper sticker on my van read: " Love my job. Great boss. I'm SELF EMPLOYED". I hate to be dependant on others.

Hope it all works out for you soon.

B.S.

As a famous sports figure once said: "And if you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Archived