Bumping Its Head

I have a question for the lavatory. . . I mean peanut gallery.

I'm thinking of shorting XLNX.  Does anyone find Xilinx a lousy candidate?  I'd like to go down on her tomorrow or Turdsday.

Depends on your time frame and what cycles you work with B)

Looks like more upside on the weeklies. The daily is getting toppy and the shorter cycles are starting to or are already going down. Take your pick.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
customer support says, "the money disappears sometimes in the middle of a transfer" and "it should show up tomorrow". no further explanation, acknowledgment that the transfer was already complete, or apology of any kind.

Maybe they needed to keep it over night as a bridge loan for some other transaction. Fractional reserve brokerage?

Thanks Phat, I'll find his post and check out what the Col. is thinking.

End, Charliss thanks. I appreciate your input and not to debate it but, I have been salivating over it's intense drop last month and its intense rise the last couple of days so maybe it's due for correction. Agree Charliss that whole area of EMC, QLGC, XLNX etc. could go up a lot more for various reasons. I believe (need to look this up again to be sure) my favorite shrinkwrapped doll QLGC is reporting after the bell on Jan. 15. She has a history of going up after announcements. Decisions, decisions.

Tanks again.

Buttugly:

If I had to choose a company that I think is due to drop a turd, it would be GE. My guess is that their debt is now 300 billion. This is only speculation. About 2 months ago, I read that GE's debt was up to 287 billion.

Their debt is most certainly unserviceable and GE's "15% growth" forever is a farce.

GE's Balance Sheet as of 9/30/2002

IBM's balance sheet is not as scairy...but it is not exactly great either.

IBM's Balance Sheet as of 09/30/2002

Hey Guys,

Sold my RYVYX today for a very nice 2 day return of 8%. Thank you guys again for the excellent call. Did not have the brass ones to go into RYVNX as I sense a distinct lack of conviction from the my indicators, those being the fearsome foursome.

Wanted to note that the high yield bond funds I puchased for mom are performingvery, very well. There certainly seems to be some appetite for risk again in the bond arena and spreads continue to narrow.

anotherone, thanks. I'm trend guy. I'd like to think I will ride this batch down to D-Day (June 6th).

Regarding the war, according to the promos, the mini series starts January 27th.

Gateway warns tonight.

"POWAY, Calif. (AP) -- Struggling computer maker Gateway Inc. warned Tuesday it expects to post a larger-than-expected loss for the fourth quarter due to disappointing holiday sales."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/030107/gateway_2.html

Most likely means nobody will upgrade the semis for a least one day.

sure they can upgrade it,all they have to say is

"the loss is better than we thought it would be...we thought it would be much worse...strong buy".....lol

Going, going, gone?

What a bunch of criminals.

This thing is weaker than all hell. Looks like this thing is cooked for the time being. This pig barely made it into the green and couldn?t hold. It wanted to head south in the worst way. Momentum to the upside is pathetic.

The eco numbers should be interesting.

There are too many things on the immediate horizon which have the potential to beat this pig something fierce. Looks to me da boyz are positioning for a nice slide.

You know the market is in trouble when procto parades all the bullies and all the other stations are calling a new bull market but the market is just sinking no matter what they say. This thing is going to backfire something wicked on these assh#les. They will be the joke of the century.

Watched my mm?s at the close, average volume is about 1.8 mil per day. From 4:02 to 4:12 I counted 6.8 mil going out the door. This could mean one thing, this pig is going down real quick. You never see this kind of volume in 10-min unless something is about to go down. I know they won?t show all this volume going out the door on tomorrow's chart sites. The boyz club strikes again. I would love to just once be down on the floor with these boyz and break everyone of these crooks hands with mercy man?s hickory stick as they pass the tickets. Nothing like getting priority treatment. This game should be exposed for all the sheeple to see how da boyz play and steal the sheeples? money.

Watch out something looks real fishy here. Something just doesn?t feel right about this picture.

CYA

The boys couldnt rally this pos into the bushmans speech today this implies IMHO sig weakness. Decided to go full short a day early...Closed SOX calls today, short 1 block MXIM and bought 10 mar SPX 950 puts.....sharpening my claws ..still short 1 block C also... hourlies rolling over ...should see sig downside over the next 3-5 days...TRADE SAFE

PHAT- solar-lunar reversal zone-in this case the 1st quarter moon in the sun sign of capricorn. RICH the next Fibo date of note is Jan.13-16-plus or minus 1 day-sometimes they work-sometimes they don't. Trade safe!

Tanks so much to learn. :)

I believe gold is topping for this cycle. Are you an investor or a trader in gold?

The 81 day cycle (ROC 41) has been amazing. Don't see that much downside tho.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$gold,uu[l,a]dallynay[d20021101,20031231][pf][iuh26,18!um41,7!lya7,14,28].gif

Given we are nearly 3 months from the October low

I did a stockscreen with the following parameters

Price Increase 13 weeks > 40%

Mkt Cap > $5b

P/S>1

Amazing the overvalued/debt laden/balance sheet impaired crap it threw up.

For example in the over $50b category

IBM, VOD, SBC, CSCO, ORCL, CMCSA, JPM, BLS, AXP

What a selection!

This is not a market - it's just the Hedge Funds and

hedgehogs gaming the QQQs.

This is not going to end well for the retail investor.

There is no way I am going LONG in this market.

I just have to reiterate how disgusting that display on poo vision was today.

It actually looked like a saturday night live skit.

not one negative comment from anyone on "the panel" and they were spewing out guarantees of 40% rallies in the indices.not to mention them saying that csco and other nascrap stocks will pay dividends!

then cramer states it was all his idea to get rid of the tax on dividends!

for those who did not see it,you would have not believed it.

I did not see The Spectacle although we were getting regular updates from various posters on IDS today.

What I have a hard time getting my mind around is how people, and I use that term loosely here, like Kudlow and Cramer can go on television and say this stuff? I mean really! 40%??!!?? After all, like rocks are hard and water is soft, they are going to be proven wrong. Why?

Archived