B4 The Bell, Moonday, May 17

'Offshoring' pace picks up, research firm says

ORLANDO, Fla. - The "offshoring" of U.S. service jobs to low-wage countries is growing faster than previously thought, a leading research firm reported Monday.

Forrester Research Inc., a technology trend analysis firm, estimates that 830,000 U.S. service jobs will be lost by 2005, a 40 percent increase from a projection of 588,000 jobs it made in November 2002.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=46&u_sid=1098467

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Early Boners always flame out before the next day's PreMarket.

The deadliest Boners are where the futures drift quietly lower in Asian trading, then we wake up to one of those PermaBlasts starting at 3:00am which infect Europe trading right away, and of course lights a fire under U.S. markets.

I was only kidding about 5 points in 15 minutes.........

Didn't expect it to really happen......

SEC Fines Lucent Technologies $25 Million

MARCY GORDON

Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Federal regulators charged nine former and current Lucent Technologies Inc. executives with securities fraud Monday and fined the company $25 million in a settlement, saying Lucent failed to cooperate fully in an accounting investigation.

The Securities and Exchange Commission also charged a former official of Winstar Communications with securities fraud and aiding and abetting Lucent's alleged violations of securities laws in the accounting irregularities.

In a civil lawsuit filed in federal court in Newark, N.J., the SEC alleged that Lucent "fraudulently and improperly" booked some $1.1 billion in revenue in 2000.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgere...ess/8689527.htm

something odd, my wife was putzing around the kitchen for the last hour and she had Headline News on. She just came in and told me that she noticed the Market Info was missing. They usually post the market info at the bottem of the screen on a very regular basis. I watched too, for 30 min. ,,, nothing. Not sure it means anything, but it is a change in the Matrix.

To break up the monatony. The Doors /Roadhouse Blues.

Yeah

Yeah, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Yeah, we're goin' to the Roadhouse

We're gonna have a real

Good time

Yeah, back at the Roadhouse they got some bungalows

Yeah, back at the Roadhouse they got some bungalows

And that's for the people

Who like to go down slow

Let it roll, baby, roll

Let it roll, baby, roll

Let it roll, baby, roll

Let it roll, all night long

Do it, honey, do it

You gotta roll, roll, roll

You gotta thrill my soul, all right

Roll, roll, roll, roll

Thrill my soul

You gotta beep a gunk a chucha

Honk konk konk

You gotta each you puna

Each ya bop a luba

Each yall bump a kechonk

Eat sum kont

all, right

Ashen lady, Ashen lady

Give up your vows, give up your vows

Save our city, save our city

Right now

Well, I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer

Well, I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer

The future's uncertain, and the end is always near

Let it roll, baby, roll

Let it roll, baby, roll

Let it roll, baby, roll

Let it roll, all night long

The criminally timed BS announcement today that Sarin Gas was discovered in Iraq did not have the desired effect on the markets. That's a problem.

THEREFORE

It will be determined that upon further analysis, the prior announcement that Sarin gas was discovered in a bomb...thus supporting the argument for the existence of WMD...and justification for the resulting war...was faulty.

"Upon further analysis, the bomb which was previously believed to have contained the deadly nerve agent, Sarin, is now believed not to have contained that nerve agent. We apologize to any short sellers who were forced to cover short positions as a result of this announcement, and reserve the right to rediscover weapons of mass destruction at any point in the future."

On Pru Bear Chat, it was reported that this story was a transcription error.

And that what they really found was Sarah Jessica Parker in a sarong made of Saran Wrap.

Panic anyone!-Global TV in Canada reports that Rummy will transfer 20,000 to 30,000 troops garrisoned in South Korea to Iraq and will extend the service times of Troops in Iraq particularily the Marines. Now the biggest danger to the world is the North Korean wing nut with Nuclear weapons when he see's most of the U.S. forces leaving -he may well see a path to Seoul-bear in mind N. Korea have an army of 1 million and I doubt the Americans leaving will make South korea happy. The screwup just gets worse-doesn't it. On another topic Gas up here hit an all time high today of 99.9 a liter roughly a little over $3.- @ gallon Canadian so we are going stroke for stroke with you guys-the bad news is our Oil comes from here our own country and in most cases our own Province-so what it says is demand very much exceeds supply, if I was an American the good news would be that the flow from Canada could be counted on to continue but the bad news is the flow from off shore cannot be counted on anymore-that scares the Shit out of me! ;)

something odd, my wife was putzing around the kitchen for the last hour and she had Headline News on. She just came in and told me that she noticed the Market Info was missing. They usually post the market info at the bottem of the screen on a very regular basis. I watched too, for 30 min. ,,, nothing. Not sure it means anything, but it is a change in the Matrix.

here in the land of beer and cheese they made no mention of the markets on the 10pm news all last week. :unsure:

... North Korea ... and ... don't forget China and Taiwan ...

-----------------------

Beijing last night threatened Taiwan with destruction if President Chen Shui-bian doesn't accept China is "one nation."

In an official statement, the mainland government warned Taiwan leaders to make choices about the future carefully or the "Chinese people will crush their schemes firmly and thoroughly at any cost."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=38520

------------------------

B4,

These crazies are everywhere !

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Big doo- I traveled the area for many years-The South koreans are good fighters, in fact like the North they would rather fight than eat-the Taiwanese how ever could not fight there way out of a wet paper bag. The sad part is two of the Worlds greatest Hotels-the Shilla in Seoul and the Sherwood in Taipei are at risk-and that is sad-the Sherwood Bar is like an out take on Bogies "Casablanca"! ;)

Archived