B4 The Bell, Thursday May 13

I don't understand how treasuries keep falling if we crash. expect to see much lower yields

Why?

In an inflationary bear market stocks and bonds go down together.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foreign central banks sell some U.S. debt - Fed

"...though the amount was trivial compared to the massive size of their holdings."

Move along.? Nothing to see here.

Japan stepped out of the market on March 31. It's my guess that one or both Chinas are involuntarily picking up dollars faster than they can dospose of them, which created some central bank accumululation in April. Could also be one of those OPEC countries that didn't yet convert them to Euros.

There is no magic level where Japan may actually sell dollars and buy back yen, but 115 comes to mind about a place they would start.

Not that I predicted it, but if the dollar rises from here the bond market will continue to drop with hardly any rally. This is one case where a trend in one market may effect another. The daily escalation of energy prices must also influence the expected returns of bond buyers.

thesun does not think about those kind of things. I may be just full of it, just let me know about it and be nice.

If everyone is selling bonds. Bonds go down. And this is happening.

But when you sell a bond you get cash for it. WHERE is all the that cash coming from.

IF some one can explain it to me

i would appreciate it. thanks

If you are watching NazDuck is going down in flames-Butters -don;t fret about Bonds we are very close to a bottom and a big win for Treasuries!.

B4,

Are you saying you expect a sustainable rally in treasury prices (int rate implosion)? Not questioning you call, just want to make sure I understand your position.

TIA

Allegheny County To Lay Off 500 People

PITTSBURGH -- Allegheny County Executive Dan Onoroto announced Thursday the impact of his budget battle

http://www.wpxi.com/money/3302114/detail.html

Montreal-based company closing Effingham plant, costing 600 jobs

A Montreal-based company announced Thursday it is closing its magazine printing plant in this southern Illinois city, costing the community about 600 jobs

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/b...ion/8661434.htm

Maytag CEO: US Plants Must Cut Costs

But Hake told shareholders attending the annual meeting there are no plans to shift more US jobs there--although the company does have space at the Mexcio

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/biz/cont...g-Annual-M.html

Asia appears to be imploding.......

Especially Singapore and S. Korea.

Check out CNBS Asia. The commentators are in a mild state of panic....

You have more details? All I see on Bloomberg is the Nikkei up 76.

But when you sell a bond you get cash for it. WHERE is all the that cash coming from.

Printing press in Al's basement.

Also, largest Gang of 23 Bond short position in world history.

Still lots of foreign buying. Evidence- rising dollar. Still not enough though. Bond prices keep falling.

Charts say this is far from over.

Oh, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Yes, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Real time insights. The Anals of Stock Proctology. Get in RIGHT NOW!

Archived