Photo
- - - - -

All That Glitterz...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
186 replies to this topic

#31 mjkst27

mjkst27

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:37 PM

I've never seen this board so bi-polar

• Guests
  • 0 posts

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

Attached Images

• index.01031230.gif

#33 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Timing I use for charts is published in the Anals daily. Bottom of page. .

8 days- 60 minute bars
5 days- 40 minute bars
3 days- 24 minute bars
2 days- 16 minute bars
1 day- 6, 7, or 8 minute bars

Now, what about the more "hourly" cycles. What time frames agree with those?

#34 sniff

sniff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:38 PM

Doc,I think the confusion might be mutual... Might be the difference in the charting methods one is used to. I use IQ charts. They do not specify cycle lengths. Only 1,5,15,30,60 min,daily, etc. charts. I can zoom in and out for a short or distant views of chart. But nothing about cycles.

So, when you are talking about the different daily cycles, it can be confusing. But I did copy the day vrs. min of bars from the anals and that helps.

#35 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:40 PM

Just gotta know when to "pull out" :lol:

ROFLMAO!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#36 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:41 PM

bipolar? Naw, just playing both sides. All longs are up 3%, most shorts are down 3% . Who cares where "the market" goes. I'm flipping it the bird.

#37 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:41 PM

voila, they gapped up thru 907.5

:angry:
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:43 PM

Question; has volume slowed down in the last hour?

#39 Rockhead

Rockhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:44 PM

Check HD for a bullish alert.....short term trade in case anyone interested.

#40 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:46 PM

bipolar bears = North and South Pole bears

polaroids = what bipolar bears get when they can't trade

#41 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:47 PM

It's just because it's faster to adjust the number of minutes per bar than change the oscillator time inputs. It doesn't matter what you use. A five minute chart will work for most shorter cycles. Just adjust the time parameters on your oscillators to filter different cycles. Half span and fiull span periods depending on the indicator.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#42 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

The pump, the dump, the 1 day, 3 day, 5 day, 8 day, 20 week, 40 week.... blah blah blah....1 hour cycle highs, lows.... etc etc....

Its all about the E waves my friends.... the E Waves dont worry about time... and keep me out of trouble.

26.40 to 26.80.... when the Q's hit it... I'll be shorting massively.... until then, its all time wasted...

Just havin a lil fun with ya Doc....

Let the market come to you.... dont worry, once this wave 2 stops... wave 3 will make all bears very happy...

Next week the volume kicks in and the upside will blow the shorts right out, the bears will shit in the woods.... and Simple Guy will be shorting right into the nonsense...

Just not til then....

#43 Guest_hemroid2_*

Guest_hemroid2_*
  • Guests

this ought to bring out some buy stops

#44 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,448 posts

I'm holding until I see the whites of their highs.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#45 Takachi

Takachi

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:49 PM

When you talk about time frames, good ole Doc gets confused. For instance, on a 15 minute chart, what cycle are you talking about? 1 day, 3 day, 5 day? When I use 15 munte bars it's because I want to see if there's evidence of a two day wave. A 60 minute chart is great for the 8 day cycle ec.

Well Doc...ditto here....good ole Rockhead gets confused on cycles and timeframes.

When you are looking at an 8 day cycle, I am looking at a 60 minute chart. You look at cycles, and I look at timeframes. Happens, I believe, with a lot of us. I guess I should adjust, as should everyone else using the Stool, since it is your site.

For the record, could you please post your cycles, and what minute timeframes would best correspond with them.

I agree, this is a constant problem among users here. We SHOULD (not shall) adjust out time frame charts to agree more towards Docs cycles. I will make the attempt, but I need a nice little list to work with. I know the Anals talk about such, but for the record a repeat would be nice.

Personally, I am most interested in 1, 3, 5, 15, 30 and 60 mintue timeframes....and their corresponding cycles. I would love it if I could get your cycles with my timeframes to become second nautre...at this point they are not.

BB identified the basic difference. The irony is that the deisre to know what time frame is charted indicates that one is charting on price (within the time frame). Whereas someone looking at cycles doesn't care about price (they care but its all relative) because they are trading direction not price.

BB said many times its not about price, its about time. That is, its the direction or movement of price and not absolute price, thats most important. And I think thats what most traders miss. Doc's cycles, I think, track the movement of price, not the price itself - sorta.

Sorry but I had to interject that, perhaps my brain is just grasping this at the 101 level.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart