Photo
- - - - -

All That Glitterz...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
186 replies to this topic

#1 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:52 PM

The US Dollar
Posted Image
Credit: http://quotes.ino.com

Gold
Posted Image
Credit: http://cdchart.innovative-software.com

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#2 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

Tanks G-man!

PM Update

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#3 Guest_hemroid2_*

Guest_hemroid2_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

assmaster with the nice clip :)

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:58 PM

assmaster with the nice clip :)

And here I thought when he wanted attention he put on a spiffy new sex! :D

#5 Guest_hemroid2_*

Guest_hemroid2_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:01 PM

green is green is green...green suits green trades... i like green

#6 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:01 PM

vesselin- It wan't intuition alone. It was primarily the fact that all of the cmaps up to 8 day cycle were hit. That's empirical, and gave me confidence that at worst the upside would be limited. That to me is a low risk entry. But it has to be done with stops, just in case the bigger waves really are turning. Then they'll begin to blow through the cmaps and the resistance levels I drew earlier. If they take out the highs, I'm out immediately with a small loss.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#7 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:04 PM

doc & VB: the intuition vs calculation is a wicked topic, i've been waiting for someone to bring it up. btw, left brain=calculation, right=intuition. i will never trade against my gut (knowingly). every time i've done so (knowingly) i've gotten slaughtered. the trick, of course, is to be able to know what it's saying. :mellow:

btw doc.....who, exactly, is IN the Gang of 22? sorry if that's dumb but i haven't been able to turn up the right thread or whatever. thx.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#8 Guest_AssMaster_*

Guest_AssMaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:08 PM

Yes, I meant outfit in the metaphorical sense - i.e. a new avatar. :P

#9 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:09 PM

http://www.newyorkfe...oint/fed02.html

Ladies and Gentlemen- May I present to you, The Gang of 22 SOUND!

ABN AMRO Bank, N.V., New York Branch
BNP Paribas Securities Corp.
Banc of America Securities LLC
Banc One Capital Markets, Inc.
Barclays Capital Inc.
Bear, Stearns & Co., Inc.
CIBC World Markets Corp.
Credit Suisse First Boston Corporation
Daiwa Securities America Inc.
Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.
Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein Securities LLC.
Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Greenwich Capital Markets, Inc.
HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
J. P. Morgan Securities, Inc.
Lehman Brothers Inc.
Merrill Lynch Government Securities Inc.
Mizuho Securities USA Inc.
Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated
Nomura Securities International, Inc.
Salomon Smith Barney Inc.
UBS Warburg LLC.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Gang of 22.

My boss trades almost exclusively on intuition - and very successfully, too. Occasionally he asks my opinion as a technician - as in "isn't it time to sell this issue?" or "does that look like a good buy?" - and almost every time he has nailed almost the exact top or bottom. Amazing.

Wouldn't buy gold (or oil, for that matter), though. Says it's "too political" for him.

Regards,
Vesselin

• Guests
  • 0 posts

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

Attached Images

• index.01031200.gif

#12 sniff

sniff

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:10 PM

Notice the congestion around the 903 line, If it breaks down then I would think a move down into the next range.And it may have some difficulty at that line, If price wants to move back up later.

Also price is consolidating at the lower part of the range.Which would give odds/guess to down.....

You can see the ranges, in this timeframe on this chart, other charts and time frames differ...

That is probably why Rockhead hammers on timeframes... and I agree. Hone in on the time frame that one is trading in. Fiddle around in everything else to see the expanded view.

Attached Images

• spx_15.gif

#13 Rockhead

Rockhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:12 PM

Regarding Au and Ag today. The volume is behind the Ag stocks.

#14 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:14 PM

Time for the 1 day cycle up phase. This is where push comes to shove.

#15 Rockhead

Rockhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:14 PM

Notice the congestion around the 903 line, If it breaks down then I would think a move down into the next range.And it may have some difficulty at that line, If price wants to move back up later.

Also price is consolidating at the lower part of the range.Which would give odds/guess to down.....

You can see the ranges, in this timeframe on this chart, other charts and time frames differ...

That is probably why Rockhead hammers on timeframes... and I agree. Hone in on the time frame that one is trading in. Fiddle around in everything else to see the expanded view.

Sniff....that was beautiful...you brought tears to my eyes! :cry:

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart