- - - - -

Bullet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
237 replies to this topic

#226 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:33 PM

Vesselin-

That's a great question. I can't really answer it other than to say it's a right brain left brain thing.

I always forget which is which, but the intuitive side of may brain says not to believe what I see. Perhaps those channels I drew earlier showing that the market did not break a single important resistance level helped.

Also there's the fact that the market has trained everyone to expect a 2-3 day jam. So I'm thinking can't happen because everybody who matters bought yesterday.

Other than that, if the market firms up this afternoon, I'll cover and re-evaluate.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#227 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:34 PM

meta,

http://www.fxcm.com

just go there, they have live rates, if you need live charts, just click on the "charts" button.
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#228 Guest_AssMaster_*

Guest_AssMaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:38 PM

Sold BSX for about 3% gain. Bought up some crappy little drillers and NG services cos.

#229 Metamucil

Metamucil

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:40 PM

meta,

http://www.fxcm.com

just go there, they have live rates, if you need live charts, just click on the "charts" button.

Tanks.

At what points do the Euro and CHF break their monster, long term resistance lines? Seems we are close.

I just switched large $$ to those 2, at everbank.com
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully"____George W. Bush, 7/29/2000

#230 HardAssets

HardAssets

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:40 PM

It is intersting that the volume of the NYSE has been solidly and overwhelmingly negative all day, yet the Nasdaq net volume is still net positive. Amazing that the Nasdaq is hlding up the market. It must be the stocks that are in both the Dow and Nasdaq that are holing things together - when they crack watch out. imho

#231 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:41 PM

NYSE

Attached Images

• tick.GIF

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:43 PM

Doc, I love asking difficult questions. :D

So, it's just intuition? And you were willing to trade just based on that? Drat, I've never been able to do it. My intuition is simply non-existent when it comes to trading. I must see it in the numbers and in the charts. If I trade on intuition, I'm almost always wrong... :( Oh, well, I guess some have it and some don't. Intuition, that is. ;)

Regards,
Vesselin

#233 Sam Adams

Sam Adams

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:43 PM

Re: CHF
Closed 75% of my hedge for the big bad scary dollar bounce. There was very little change on the option pricing for the March/June contracts I am trading.

Bought some Jun 360 AU calls and when placing the order found out I had a lot of company. Avoiding index/equties for the time being.

#234 richmtn

richmtn

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:44 PM

Mr Market getting ready to drop a load. B)

Posted Image

#235 Guest_AssMaster_*

Guest_AssMaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:46 PM

SG: Sometimes it helps to take a bit of time off. But remember even the most annoying of us are small children in an adult body. Thinking of it this was makes it easier to put life's irritations in the personal realm into a more rational perspective. And never let children get to you, espially the annoying, obnoxious ones. They probably just want attention.

When I want attention, I just put on a spiffy new outfit! :rolleyes:

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:47 PM

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

Attached Images

• index.01031130.gif

#237 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:47 PM

PHAT,

Hope you got a little of that miner this morning, it left the station an hour ago. My top pick of the year is starting out strong, just hoping it doesn't fizzle.

TCG

thanks, appreciate it. i hope so too - i put an order in and then my sh*t crashed. took an hour an went for a winter walk to clear the brain. just catching up with thread. don't know if it got tooken or not, but i warn't gonna chase it. will buy on a dip fo sheezy tho.

watch, i'll miss the 12:45 cut here
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#238 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:51 PM

Fokker declares this topic closed :grin:

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart