- - - - -

B4 The Bell Fryday April 2,2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
268 replies to this topic

#61 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:43 AM

If the so-called free press don't see the lies in this report then the sheep deserve what they get.As to Greenscum what is he going to do now the bond market is melting before his eyes.

#62 brian4

brian4

• Banned
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:45 AM

Killa if you track my trades I win a lot more than I lose-YOU do what works for YOU and I'll do what works for me.

#63 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:47 AM

If the so-called free press don't see the lies in this report then the sheep deserve what they get.As to Greenscum what is he going to do now the bond market is melting before his eyes.

I am in utter confusion here.
Why would they do this?
Are they that confident they can control the long bond?

Not even a +1000 tick
No conviction so far
Trin opened at a low going off my charts
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#64 Stinky

Stinky

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

Can anyone tell me where CEF is right now? Not delayed?

Thanks,

Stinky

#65 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:50 AM

COF UP
WTF SHORT OF A LIFETIME
BKX.X now negative
WAKE UP world
BLOODBATH COMING
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#66 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Killa if you track my trades I win a lot more than I lose-YOU do what works for YOU and I'll do what works for me.

ditto - thanks so much for this thread, B4.

In an effort to hedge an outlier number yesterday (still short SPX), I shorted CTX. Also bought XAU puts, but sold them at the close yesterday after considerable trepidation.

Builders and low interest rate trades have led this market up; it is extremely unlikely that leadership will change on a huge spike up. Market needs to come down to "regroup" (ed. a non- TA, real world assessment of this clusterf**k of a day).

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Quick denials!

WASHINGTON, April 2 (Reuters) - The U.S. Labor Department said on Friday it had no evidence the March paryolls data was leaked ahead of its official release time, as some financial market participants have speculated.

"We have no evidence of a leak," Labor Department spokesman Gary Steinberg told Reuters.

http://www.forbes.co...rtr1321841.html

Ralph Axel, senior vice president and fixed-income strategist at HSBC Securities in New York, said the market started moving around 8:28 a.m. (1328 GMT) -- about two minutes before the surprising gain in March payrolls was officially released by the Labor Department.

Hey, it was only 2 minutes before the official release!

#68 brian4

brian4

• Banned
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:51 AM

stop at breakeven 1145. 25 minutes left in the window to blow the doors off.

#69 Butterfield 8

Butterfield 8

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:51 AM

cef 6.24 bid 6.28 ask 6.29 last

#70 yellowfish

yellowfish

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

wish I could stinky...but ameriscreww is wingohockingmoyamensinged...so slow ..pages wont load....formicate me!!!!
"No matter what happens, I will look back and smile" - Beardrech

#71 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

*DJ Fed Accepts $3.25 Billion In Weekend RPs

#72 zensmoke

zensmoke

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:54 AM

=DJ Federal Funds Futures See 100% Chance Aug Hike -3-

Front-month June bond futures fell more than four points on the day Friday following the data release to a low of 108-25, almost a two-and-a-half-month low.

About half of those losses were pared in morning trade, however.

Lucas of Bank of America said because interest rate contracts were positioned so defensively ahead of the data, some short covering actually took place after the number.

He said trade in interest rate contracts would likely be choppy throughout the session Friday as market participants continued to digest the data.

Eurodollar futures, another short-term interest rate market with a close tie to the federal funds rate, also took a sharp nose dive after the strong report. The front-month September contract plunged more than 20 basis points to its lowest level since mid-February.

Participants scrambled to readjust expectations for a rate hike, moving a 25-basis-point hike into the third quarter. Prior to the report, the market was seeing the first tightening move with certainty in the fourth quarter.

Eurodollar futures are now pricing in a 25-basis-point hike with certainty by the Sept. 21 Federal Open Market Committee meeting, and about a 25% chance for a move of 50 basis points by then, participants said.

The market is pricing in a 50% chance of a 25-basis-point tightening at the June 29-30 policy meeting and slightly greater than 50% probability at the Aug. 10 meeting, said Steve Poser, president of Poser Global Markets.

"The market is saying the Fed needs to start getting rates aligned more. The economy certainly seems to be in better shape than we were two hours ago. If the Fed ignored politics, they should raise rates today," he said.

Before the report, the market had priced in no chance of any action the second quarter, and slim odds of any action before the Nov. 2 election.

One floor broker called the market action Friday "a nuthouse," with rally attempts from here likely to be only based on short-covering.

"This number was huge, pent-up and overdue," said Dan Stecich, a broker with TJM Futures. "The Fed was looking for signs of improvement in the labor market, now they've got it."

Some said, however, Eurodollar futures may have overshot on the downside and one report doesn't necessarily make a trend.

"Whether this moves the Fed's timing up, I'm not so sure. I think one number doesn't make a case for it, we need to see three or four numbers of consecutive growth," said Gary Flagler, director with Banc One Capital Markets. He said the average workweek was down, and that raises a red flag, or at least a yellow one.
-By Christine Marie Nielsen and Kristina Zurla, Dow Jones Newswires; 312-435-9256; christine-marie.nielsen@dowjones.com
(Michael Mackenzie contributed to this report.)

Dow Jones Newswires

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:55 AM

Guys on the trading floor claim the report had been leaked to somebody.

Never have I been more scared.
I cannot live in a world of such lies.
Worse, in a world that such lies are accepted by the populace.

end of rant

Sherlock

#74 brian4

brian4

• Banned
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:55 AM

I just taped Krudlows picture to my dart board and let fly-I feel better already! ;)

#75 Pee Brain

Pee Brain

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

Can anyone tell me where CEF is right now? Not delayed?

Thanks,

Stinky

CEF 6.25 - .14
Iat least we're all safe for now. thank God we're in a bowling alley.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart