The Full Monti

Morning Crew-the PIG flies alone at the open-slight upward bias-shouldn't hold. Just after the durable goods orders came out Sqwauk Box had on Peter Jastrow of Mann Financial-who has called like it is before-Peter said "the markets are in free fall here-with no support till 9900 and 1070." as they cut to a commercial the sound of truncheons hitting flesh could be heard! ;)

Didn't he say "nine ninety" ? Maybe that's his "real" target :)

The squickbox maroons corrected it to 9900 though.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WASHINGTON, March 24 (Reuters) - Low U.S. interest rates must rise as the economy gathers steam, and while that point has not yet been reached, businesses and markets should keep it in mind, a top Federal Reserve policy-maker said on Wednesday.

Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Jack Guynn, in remarks very close to those he made in a speech earlier this month, issued a hawkish warning that as growth picks up, ultra-low U.S. borrowing costs will head higher.

"The Fed has good reason to maintain its accommodative policy, at least for now. But if my forecast for more robust economic growth materializes, then, at some point, a fed funds rate of 1.00 percent will no longer be the best policy," he told an audience in Jackson City, Tennessee. A copy of the speech was released to media in Washington.

Noting the Fed said last week it could be patient in removing its policy accommodation after holding rates at a post 1958-low of 1.00 percent, Guynn signaled there might be risks with this strategy.

"I remind myself that it is important to watch for unintended consequences of keeping monetary policy too accommodative for too long.

"Indeed, some of my contacts in various businesses have stressed to me that at some point, it will be appropriate, and helpful, to allow interest rates to return to more normal levels so that markets can sort themselves out in an orderly way and return to balance."

http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswire/200...rtr1310137.html

Plunger

I think it was you who has had a hate on for NFI

Joined you two days ago with some puts and am pinching myself

for the homer entry of the decade :D :D :D :D

Makes up for my very poor exit yesterday

Mr Market has graciously allowed me to reestablish positions this morning

I dont think I have ever been this nervous which is probably a good thing

B4

You just keep getting better :D

Archived