Photo
- - - - -

Bumping Its Head

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

#16 Metamucil

Metamucil

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:12 PM

The TRINQ is a little disconcerting. It's been between .20 and .18 for hours- very very low. Could be signalling that this is the beginning of a large move.

Greg,

Oct 10 started like this....but the entire configuration was very different. SPX775 was hit and broken like a twig....then the reversal was mighty, indeed. Very bearish sentiment, blew thru lower channels, summation turning up from significant low levels, etc.

The key is whether we are looking into a 13 week cycle low....which should be known quite soon. Not sure how far this can run, given the pressure of the 6 month down cycle.

Right shoulder formation is my WAG.
SPX is probably nearing another GIFT shorting opp.
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully"____George W. Bush, 7/29/2000

#17 summoner

summoner

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:12 PM

Closed HD long ,thought about selling covered calls but sentiment to bullish on HD ,afraid of the downside risk made a buck ...also closed BSX short for 2 bucks and change... only open positions in the trading port are C short and JPM mar puts. will be looking to reshort MXIM , BSX and SPX into the bounce..trades safe
" I' ve got a left handed hook and a right handed hook, the pros are gonna love me, I'm amphibious"

Charles Shackelford
NC STATE UNIVERSITY

#18 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:13 PM

Well stoolies, it's coming up on zero hour for the 1 day cycle high, with the 5 hour and 1 day cycle due to be in gear to the downside for 90 minutes.

Should Doc go for the scalp? That is the querstion? I'll let you know.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#19 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:15 PM

The TRINQ is a little disconcerting.  It's been between .20 and .18 for hours-  very very low.  Could be signalling that this is the beginning of a large move.

Greg,

Oct 10 started like this....but the entire configuration was very different. SPX775 was hit and broken like a twig....then the reversal was mighty, indeed. Very bearish sentiment, blew thru lower channels, summation turning up from significant low levels, etc.

The key is whether we are looking into a 13 week cycle low....which should be known quite soon. Not sure how far this can run, given the pressure of the 6 month down cycle.

Right shoulder formation is my WAG.
SPX is probably nearing another GIFT shorting opp.

agreed. This is just a little "punk rally". Similar to mid April 02 or mid May 02 rallies, nothing more.

#20 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:18 PM

Metamucil- thanks. My thought was of Oct 10th as I typed it- the TRINQ just got buried endlessly at levels right here.

MJ- Fokker is an audio buff and already owns a substantial position in Sennheiser's hardware, with 5 different pairs of their higher end phones. Strong buy. You never know what your ears are capable of until you try a pair of these.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#21 anotherone

anotherone

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:20 PM

Monster rally on uncle Buckaroo.

Any thoughts as to if this is [A] ESF action; [B] Japan action; [C] Both?
"Calista Flockhart's top is not near as significant as Maria's bottom."
--"Zapata" George Blake 8/5/2003

#22 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:24 PM

The US Dollar
Posted Image
Credit: http://quotes.ino.com

Gold
Posted Image
Credit: http://cdchart.innovative-software.com

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#23 FeedFool

FeedFool

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:25 PM

It takes long time to go down but when the bounce comes itís always big.

Attached Images

• tnx.gif

#24 anotherone

anotherone

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:26 PM

This is just a little "punk rally". Similar to mid April 02 or mid May 02 rallies, nothing more.

With the move on Uncle Buck today, I'd be cautious getting in front of this too soon.
"Calista Flockhart's top is not near as significant as Maria's bottom."
--"Zapata" George Blake 8/5/2003

#25 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:28 PM

Oops blue screen crash there. I was looking for a pullback to 25.25, then see how it bounces. Probably not gonna do nuthin'. Not enough downside today.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#26 mksloth

mksloth

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Thom Calandra is borking Natural resources and two small techs - ITRA and FWHT. Some folks have been looking at his picks of late - sweef and somebody else.

#27 wrecked him

wrecked him

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 444 posts

Check out the ending diagonal on the DOW 1 minute chart?????I think I am getting a little too short term for my liking!!! Normally I would be at work and not given to such fanciful ideas.
A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future

#28 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:29 PM

Monster rally on uncle Buckaroo.

Any thoughts as to if this is [A] ESF action; [B] Japan action; [C] Both?

gbp was only a bit away from its 22 year downtrend, chf did go down thru whole december, euro rallied up last weeks like a mad man............. well, sometimes people need just an excuse (today it was ism data) to take profits. It a rule which is so old like the market itself: Dont let profits turn into losses.

:mellow:
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#29 Takachi

Takachi

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:29 PM

Japan is so paranoid about exports and the yen, they have to be in there somewhere.

#30 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:31 PM

This is just a little "punk rally". †Similar to mid April 02 or mid May 02 rallies, nothing more.

With the move on Uncle Buck today, I'd be cautious getting in front of this too soon.

I agree. That's why I did the ESRX dong. Not aggresively shorting until indicators say so and they're not even close yet.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart