Photo

Year End Review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#16 Pigeon Drop

Pigeon Drop

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 09:58 PM

Mark, you're the best! I wish I had your writing skills. I read your column every day.

NT? Yikes, I'm long their bonds still. Always thought the Canadian govt would bail them out should anything really go sour.

Gtnworse, SAFETY is all you should focus on for your Mom. This is not risk capital obviously. If you decide to go with GNMA, the Vanguard fund seems to be hedged to the max, they have shortened their avg maturity to around 3 years and avg duration to around 3 or 4. Current yield 5% which is lower than the other GNMA funds because of that. Should rates rise, they will suffer little in losses.

#17 slinger

slinger

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:02 PM

courtesy of Carl Swenlin

Attached Images

• 021231MktFOR2.gif

#18 Pigeon Drop

Pigeon Drop

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:03 PM

Huh? NT 70 cents? I'm getting $1.63 in the aftermarket, hardly changed from the close $1.61. No news. Was this a mistake?

#19 midnite lightning

midnite lightning

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:24 PM

Mark:

Thank you for all the insight. It has been an interesting year for all of us. I know I have learned a lot.

It is the highlight of my day to come on over and read what you have to say. So much truth. This is why I appreciate all your hard work.

I feel very fortunate to have found this site.

Personally, I think the market is cooked. People have learned this year, their life savings are in danger with the financial experts and they could have done better on their own with a little research. I think the sheeple will pack up their tents and move on and the market will take a deep plunge.

The trickery, lies, deception, false promises, corruption, bankruptcies, misleading statements, you name it has been exposed this year and the sheeple I think have had it and there will be hell to pay for the games these guys have played. The trust has been broken and it will be years before there is any trust.

So to Mark and Doc, thank you for the masterful insight, and to all the stoolies in stoolville, Happy New Years! This is the best bunch on the web!

We will kick ass in 03 and take no prisoners.

CYA

#20 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:09 PM

B4,

I am no longer comfortable with feeling we get to 925. This market is soo weak that we may only get to the 50dma 900ish. Soon i will be 100% short.

Happy New Tear fellow stoolies.

Is this the best web site or what! :grin:

Mark,

Great Job. By the way, We are going down again in a big way next year,IMHO. B)

Awaiting the point of RECOGNITION.
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#21 Ned38

Ned38

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:57 PM

Wishing a happy new year to the best board on the net.

Proud to be a part of it

#22 torah man

torah man

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 12:15 AM

well, whoever is still here, should have a great holiday and new year.

let's enter and exit at the right times.

#23 Guest_BEARDRECH_*

Guest_BEARDRECH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2003 - 12:18 AM

:cry: MARK AND STOOLIES A HAPPY NEW YEAR
JUST lost a 200 word screed so once again into the breech--
Not to worry--Pile has it right;its all over;i now know what it must have been like during the bubonic plague in medeaval Europ--the nervous merriment,white faced human effigies of death,pretending to conquuer his force by emulation;rosaceous pustules preliminary signs ogf the onset of financial buboes breaking out ,desparately trying to cosmeticise the insignia of their own dollarless death warrants;waltzing to La Valse ,a symphony that would have been composed by,if only he could have written music,ed Poe.
While behind them.Mr and Mrs,better known as His and her Highness ,their dancing majesties Lord and Lady Consumer,supporters of the realm of industry and finance,
can hear the roaring niagra of imploding corpsorations,the biggest consumers of them all,who used to buy enormous supplies of things like LABOR,providing the witless royal POSEURS with things like CHECKS,enabling them to feign a royal heritage,all the while being plebian puppets dressed up for the kill by their real lord and masters the puppeteersBONKERS-- and out on ther heath???
Crqawling on all fours;the princleings,terminaly mad crying out;Junior Lears in waiting;crying out--NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER
bEAR DRECK :cry:

#24 slinger

slinger

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 12:41 AM

It just donned on me. Maybe Greenspan is the antichrist. Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 slinger

slinger

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 01:00 AM

Happy New Year Stoolies! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#26 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 01:11 AM

Happy new year Stooliez! All my best wishes & love. May this be our year, our very best yet! Every moment is a new chance to turn things around- my new year's resolution is to never forget that.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#27 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 01:24 AM

You Guys/Gals are comming before estranged family. :grin:

Happy New year and the best wishes To Doc and his family.
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#28 Guest_AssMaster_*

Guest_AssMaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2003 - 04:28 AM

Sorry, I was referring to last year's trades. NT was like .60 in Oct.

#29 Hypertiger

Hypertiger

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 05:01 AM

Happy New Year...

Within 18 months the realities of debt deflation will become apparent to the majority and everything that debt inflation has created and maintained for 70 odd years will start moving in reverse so fast that the "overnight" effect will take place... "They" could decide to pull the pin at any moment to "consolidate power". Compound interest is the great destroyer and enslaver of humanity and it will consume all which has been created... Wild cornered animal stage is fast approaching so don't think they will/can jam it forever. This is just a milking operation that is also most likely the last gasp...

When "they" pull the pin it will be unbelievable... THE EVENT HORIZION of the hyperdeflating black hole that will be inescapable as nothing backed by nothing implodes...

There is no escape other then going to sleep and never waking up again.

How fast will the end be? On the day chosen, all players standing at ground zero will be sucked to eternal oblivion, the market will close. When it opens again only those that didn't come in contact with the event horizon will be in a position to function.

Or it's just a soft spot...

2003 will be where the power and the majesty of the powers that be and the Owners of the Earth will assault full force the minds of mere mortals, and bring them to their knees once again as it has always been for 1,000’s of years. Again and again and again, forever and ever without end…

Everything will happen at once… That is how the Secret of Fractional Banking is kept a secret and why it will always be a secret…

It is immortal, Human beings are not…

Be very careful... Only you can save you.
"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money (at the request of the consumer) we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon." --Robert H. Hemphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank,1938...

#30 chibear

chibear

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 09:36 AM

Happy New year to everyone here.

Thanks, Mark. I don't know how you do this. It's one thing to write a daily letter (does anyone but you and Dick West do this anymore?). It's another to sustain the quality of prose and ideas. Great job.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart