Happy Noo Year

DoubleFlush-

I unequivocally disagree. For a cycle trader, it's the timing that counts not the price. Again. It's a matter of style. I never use limit orders. Those who trade on a price basis can use limit orders. It doesn't work for me. I decide on the moment, not the price.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pile-

WallStretBear is a member of the banner Financial Ad Trader banner exchange. That's why you saw his ad. Our banner runs on their site multiples of times the number his runs here based on our relative size. The Stool ranks number 7 in volume. WSB isn't in the top 20.

F.A.T. Top Twenty

DoubleFlush-

I unequivocally disagree. For a cycle trader, it's the timing that counts not the price. Again. It's a matter of style. I never use limit orders. Those who trade on a price basis can use limit orders. It doesn't work for me. I decide on the moment, not the price.

Understood Doc. I trade a lot of options, a .05 move is very significant to me in a day trade that may move a range of .15. If I don't get the price, it's not generally worth making the day trade.

For longer trading timeframes/windows, a market trade would probably be fine.

I have used Datek/Ameritrade for years without any problem at all. Just gotta remember to use stops in case power goes out.

I have used other brokers too.

They all seem to have the own idiosyncrises (spell) but you learn them...

Let me see....I have used.....

Brown & Co., Waterhouse, Fidelity, Cyber X, Cyber X2, CyberTrader (both systems before Schwab bought them), Brown & Co. again, Datek, Schwab Street Smart Pro. Current platforms are Tradestation and Datek conversion to Ameritrade.

Comments...I will never use Brown & Co again. They are thiefs IMO.

Schwab has the best customer support bar none.....fast, knoweldgebale, and willing to discuss anything no matter how long it takes them. I have been on the phone with them for 3 hours trying to learn something and never felt like they didnt want to help. Expensive fee structure though IMO.

Datek...got no problems with them. Support is slow, even for their Elite category. The Datek/Ameritrade conversion seems ok, but dont use it that much.

Tradestation I like, but dislike not having an integrated stock screener. Cost is $100/month. Alerts on the platform are fantastic. Support is good, not as good as Schwab. Easy language is not that easy IMO, but they offer free courses to help you learn.

Still looking for the perfect platform, comish and customer support.

Doc, what, no Obi-Wan? :lol:

Pile, it's not "their" banner. They are just serving banners from adtrader.com. It's just a coincidence that you have seen capitalstool's banner when visiting their site. In any case, the banner doesn't really come from their site (it wasn't they who have put it there) but from adtrader (it's Doc who has put it there).

So, we couldn't keep 'er down, eh? :angry: Oh, well.

Folks, I'm going home to meet the New Year (it's 6:20 pm here). I have a bottle of sparkling wine to meet her with, too. B) Fx, it's a German brand - Soenlein Brilliant or something like that; I don't recall the exact spelling.

Have a nice 2003 and make sure to be on the right side of the market! :D

Regards,

Vesselin

I want to add, while most of you are still here, how much I appreciate how much those of you who particpate here have done for me in 2002. You have helped make this the best year of my life! Dr. Stool sends you many many tanks.

Madame Stool and I wish you the happiest of Nooooo Years!

Archived