- - - - -

The Secrets Of Heaven And Hell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
162 replies to this topic

#31 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:57 AM

Is there news on IBM? It's up almost two bucks this morning.

I'll be back in five minutes after my attempt to post this crashes me and I re-boot.
Of course I'm caustic!

#32 torah man

torah man

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 10:57 AM

everybody too busy looking at the tape to post or just waiting for the con con numbers?

#33 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:00 AM

500M net add

Temporary Open Market Operations: 12/31/2002
Maturity Date: 1/3/03
Delivery Date: 12/31/02
The Desk has entered the market announcing: 3 day RP
Temporary Operations Statistics:
Treasury Collateral Operation Agency Collateral Operation Mortgage-Backed Collateral Operation
Weighted Average Rate
1.207 NA NA
Stop Out Rate (Lowest Rate Accepted) 1.200 NA NA
Highest Rate Submitted 1.250 1.280 1.300
Lowest Rate Submitted 1.000 1.160 1.220
Total Propostions Submitted (In $Bil.) 6.550 5.150 4.550
Total Propositions Accepted (In $Bil.) 2.500 0.000 0.000

Total Money Value of Operation (In $Bil.) 2.5

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#34 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:01 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO DOC AND ALL STOOLIES EVERYWHERE
:D :D :D :D
Another matter Martin Armstrong not so happy :(
guilty? no trial after almost 3 years :angry:

http://www.armstrongdefensefund.org/

#35 Takachi

Takachi

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:04 AM

con con 80.3 vs consensus 86 ouch!

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:05 AM

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

9:00 AM CST

Equity 0.59
Index 1.11
Overall 0.72

Attached Images

• index.12310900.gif

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:07 AM

Is there news on IBM? It's up almost two bucks this morning.

It's caused either by yesterday's pumping about the outsourcing, or by today's speculation that they will beat estimates.

Regards,
Vesselin

#38 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:08 AM

Mistress Leslie is on.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#39 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:09 AM

Consumer confidence plunges in Dec to 80.3 by Rex Nutting

Just the early beginning of the slide from a highly saturated peak. A very big negative for Mr Marke.

The trend is your friend, my friend. All conditions are getting worse by the day, not better. Don't fight it (yet) :lol:

I really think that the biggest surprise this POS is going to give us is a straight down slide right out of the gate after Jan 1. Beware. Its the least expected outcome amongst us Stoolies. Even I am having trouble comprehending it cause I need to commit a few more funds and can't get myself to pull the trigger now.

#40 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:10 AM

Sorry to post administration issues here but I am getting a message to add a plug in, Data Detective, into my Netscape Browers. Is an ad forcing this?

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#41 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:10 AM

Ted "Flintstone" David?

#42 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,476 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:15 AM

I'd ignore it, Jorm.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#43 anoscope

anoscope

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:19 AM

Sorry to post administration issues here but I am getting a message to add a plug in, Data Detective, into my Netscape Browers. Is an ad forcing this?

http://www.appletsite.com/dd30.html

probably spyware, in any case, bloatware

#44 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:22 AM

Well Well

ELN up on huge volume from the open this am... hope BARE is paying attention.

Posted the trade yesterday as my new long position at 2.23 yesterday afternoon... gave rationale and reasons to go long... could this be 12 of last 13 successful trades?

But, remember... that E Wave stuff doesnt work too well...

As far as the indices, SG as posted last night did NOT go long last night.... SG doesnt like lack of volume to pull trigger.

That said, I will very likely go long tonight if NAS hits 1320 today... as I expect volume and upside to begin on Thursday....

#45 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 11:23 AM

re Arch, I like the way Sue says: "...in certain sectors anyway"

...yeah, like all sectors but Gold and Commodities :lol:

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart