- - - - -

Santa Claus?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
121 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 08:15 AM

From yesterday's New York Post by Leonard Greene:

Police in Harris County are on the lookout for a good-natured, gun-toting Santa Claus.

A Houston toll-booth clerk who was robbed at gunpoint described the assailant as a portly man with a full white beard and mustache, who wore a red hat and a red jacket.

Before speeding off, the swindling Santa did wish her a Merry Christmas.

Could it be that he was really Robin Hood is disguise?

#2 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 08:46 AM

This level has been tested a remarkable 13 times over the past few months, and held every time. That is, until Friday's miserable session.

the 447 level on the OEX has clearly been the "line in the sand" for this market

Posted Image

http://www.21stcentu...ing/2002-12-30/
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#3 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,444 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:24 AM

Good morning stoolmeisters!

In case you missed it, Doc did his year end short and long term forecast for Uncle Buck, Cousin HUI and the Golden Stool along with the short and long term forecasts for The Nasgag and Sphincters, in your Super Duper Fancy Schmancy Weak End Anals Year End Foreplay. This one single issue is worth the price of your three month trial subscription. Get immediate access RIGHT NOW!

Also don't miss Doc's bookstore specials, the Short Term Trading Power Pack with a $39 order plus, with every order of $79 or more, a COMPLIMENTARY THREE MONTH TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION TO THE ANALS from Doc. That's right, for just 79 buckaroos, get some great winter reading, AND FREE YOUR ANALS for THREE WHOLE MONTHS!

As part of your free Anals, each morning Doc will give you Stoolwethers and Suctor Watch cycle charts with price targets of 15 of the largest market leading stocks and 15 of the most important stock sectors. Follow the stocks that all bears love to hate!

Today's Stoolwethers are now loaded. Are they ready to drop or pop? Find out now!

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#4 sheet4brain

sheet4brain

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:27 AM

This level has been tested a remarkable 13 times over the past few months, and held every time. That is, until Friday's miserable session.

Not quite failure yet on the SPX & DOW. Perhaps you should be more generous with the OEX and drop the line a bit. Or, today's feeble rally may just give that OEX line the Kiss of Death from below.

#5 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:33 AM

The US Dollar
Posted Image
Credit: http://quotes.ino.com

Gold
Posted Image
Credit: http://cdchart.innovative-software.com

NDX futures (delayed)
Posted Image
Credit: http://www.livecharts.com

SPX futures (delayed)
Posted Image
Credit: http://www.livecharts.com

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#6 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:34 AM

OK, I'm no match for you wizards - just poked my head in here for a second

http://www.stockinde...com/chart2.html

some thoughts
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#7 richmtn

richmtn

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:44 AM

Can anyone tell me if these Fib lines look right.

Attached Images

• fib1229b.jpg

#8 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:49 AM

morning all. hope everyone enjoyed the jam.

got myself edumacated about leveraged gold plays this weekend (thanks vb & thor for your stock lists). as it turns out, there are a small handful of gold stocks that have option volume of any significant liquidity, the most prominent being GG and NEM. others which made the list for misc reasons include PDG, GFI, and RGLD. some of these may or may not have topped out short term; also, NEM and GFI are trading just underneath levels of large open interest.

arch reportedly thinks a gold stock explosion is imminent for today/tomorrow - can anyone confirm?

may collect some jan calls on GG and perhaps 1-2 others with a time horizon of no longer than tomorrow's close. will decide in next 40 minutes.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#9 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:15 AM

The curse of the permabear is to not recognize a bull market when one sees it. I feel this may be my case with gold- so skeptical about this crap stock market for so long, gold really could break out like NAZ'99 and never look back (at least for a while). The public mania builds- commercials on TV, even Procto- could it be we get no pullback?

However, I must remain satisfied with what I have, for, like the seasons, it WILL turn. I have learned not to try to grab the falling (or thrown) knife. Gold to 1000 or gold to 200; either way suits me just fine. PAX.

#10 microdon

microdon

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:18 AM

Yes, Arch is looking for strong move on gold through Tuesday. Note my mention on Stool's Gold of TomO'Brien's admonition not to chase gold stocks if not already long. Traders should be thinking about being out, as possibility of New Year may bring selling from holders not wanting to book taxable profits until 2003. Also read Debka file on secret deal offered Saddam for exile in Libya.

#11 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:26 AM

Uncle Buck needs some help from his brothers.

#12 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:28 AM

Yes, Arch is looking for strong move on gold through Tuesday. Note my mention on Stool's Gold of TomO'Brien's admonition not to chase gold stocks if not already long. Traders should be thinking about being out, as possibility of New Year may bring selling from holders not wanting to book taxable profits until 2003. Also read Debka file on secret deal offered Saddam for exile in Libya.

thx micro, DID catch your post on stool's gold. the 2003 tax sale is certainly a simple, elegant notion.

planning to exit any move no later than tomorrow. other astro reasons:

mercury goes retrograde 4 hrs before the first trading day of the new year. mercury retrograde (which lasts until 22 jan) is typically a difficult period for anything related to communication, transportation, etc....the telecoms appear to mildly underperform the spx....ripe time for computer crashes, data loss, travel plans getting mucked up, missed appointments....this is NOT a good time to start new projects or to sign new contracts. consider backing up your important data before the new year arrives.

also, the new moon happens thursday night after market close. could mark the start of new/different/accelerated trend(s) of whatever ilk.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#13 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,444 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:28 AM

I guess the site was down for a few minutes there. No change in pre-market outlook.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#14 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:30 AM

As usual, Supermodels are getting the preMarket pump job.....
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#15 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 10:33 AM

From optioninvestor.com:

Global semiconductor sales rose 1.3% in November

Technology stocks are getting a boost in this morning's pre-
market trade after the Semiconductor Industry Association
reported that global semiconductor sales rose 1.3% in November
over October to $12.68 billion, with wireless chips leading
sales.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart