Derivatives Cyclone

Dollar bouncing .. as OPENLY expected. The dollar is acting the the equities... its an open discussion about when it is to head down and when to recover. Its all so predictable, so well known and expected by everyone. Hell, don't expect the unexpected.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 87, the boomers were reaching their peak earning years; In 04, they are exiting them. In '87, interest rates had no where to go but down. In 04, they have no where to go but up.

Looking at statistical averages, earning potential tends to peak around ages 47-49. Consistent with your claim, leading edge baby boomers reached that threshold around 1990. And trailing edge boomers will peak out around 2010, so yes they are in the process of exiting theirs.

I presume the reason you bring this issue up is because you believe that the generation wave has a major impact on the stock market. If you came to that conclusion because of Harry Dent, Jr.'s demographic work, I would fade it. I came to a much different conclusion when I was working with Harry back in the mid 90s. He didn't appreciate my lack of loyalty and the relationship was severed. That's OK though because I was ready to make my exit anyway -- I had discovered that the man was a fraud. His modus operandi was to draw conclusions first, then find the supporting data. Charlatan....rich charlatan.

SJ

Imagine a 10 foot high human slingshot pulled back as far as it can go with Craig Berret strapped in and the Greasman holding back the torque....

The after hours squirrels are ready to jump on the stock like its a pile of nuts and the greasman lets go of the rubber band with Berrets fat stubby legs and the worlds smallest mouth with legs flailing left and right with his arms out to his side flying through the air....

Either he lands face down or we start another leg up tomorrow....

Ag

:D :D beardrech

awwww. shoot. Posting cartoons made me happy for a moment, but now gold is down 3.00+. Teeth Gritted. Holding. Basically back to even from first of November. Round tripped again. sigh.

icky

Pardon my dirty snout but i just pulle it out of the trough--I must admit i'm piggishly involved with pm's and for some unknown reason it serves me wonderfully as a soporrific and every nite i fall sssleep like a stone--

G goes up, i sleep;G goes down, I begin to snore---G goes sideways I cop a few zzzzz's--I'm cradled into somnolence and then roll down hill babied off into sleep--but,granted i'm assisted with melatonin still---

Why am i so complacent--I guess its my age--and with death staring me in the face on a daily basis the ups and downs of my favorite metals g & s aren't so worrisome--

Enjoy the anxiety--no joke--it'll make your victory that much sweeter

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Why dont you get one of those stereophonic swedish superbeds made out of sheep breasts--they only go for a grand or so--because with the work i do i dont need anything soft--and besides i prefer the good old earth its contours and smell remind me of where i'm going and i want to get used to it---

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/040109/b3866001mz001_1.html

He runs his sprawling media empire mostly by phone, doesn't like time-consuming meetings, and hates using the Internet

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2002-10-20-seinfeld-cover_x.htm

Because when you get in the hotel room, you want to sit on the chair or the bed, you want to get on the phone, and you want to watch TV

TE- my Pal "non urbis carborundum" and I know they won't! Bearvest-you could be right! Crooked I know how you feel the past weeks of being stopped out or staying out have driven me nuts and like you tired of it all. Strangely I feel energized the last 3 days like in pool when you know the ball is going in before you shoot-in the end it all comes down to gut feel doesn't it-Trade safe! B)

Brian

Scientists have recently dicovered that the primordial substance from whence the brain and gut cells are derived, are,embryologically, the same--so for once the idiomatic expression-"I got a gut feeling" representing a cognitive premonition, is put ona scientific basis--

And what is more since reading about this i've experienced feeling s in my head that were simultaneously felt in my gut---

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: When are they going to correlate the expression your a sight for sore eyes or sont be ssuch a pain in the ass--some belettristic physicians are saying thes are mere metaphors loosely applied--

I'm not so sure some of the long term indicators matter so much. Long term indicators Like Lowry's thing are rocketing higher because of super waek numbers coming off the other end. 

The liquidity thing is just another BIG LIE as far as I'm concerned. By every single measure, liquidity trends are negative. The only remaining liquidity is provided by the shorts. Short squeezes give the illusion of liquidity, until they are exhauseted. 

Can't put my finger on why, maybe it's all the bullhorning, manipulation, spinning and outright lying, along with the ridiculous levles of bullsih sentiment, but I just have this feeling that somewhere out beyond our solar system, Planet Shit is headed toward us at warp speed.  And the people who run Wall Street know it.

Doc how dare you defame my home planet. It is actually called Planet Fecal. We Fecalians are proud our our little brown smelly planet. Of course to us it smells beautiful. Well OK, maybe not beautiful, but we don't think it stinks. By the way we refer to what you call Earth as Fan and we are going to hit you.

I don't know what will or when they will turn the hoover on, but the shorts must get blown out. Couple this with high margin levels and the whole feaking mess is doing a Wiley E. Coyote two feet past the cliff edge. We just have to be patient and let gravity do it's slow unrelentless work.

The PM slaughter is in full force. You didn't really think they could let it get too uppity did you? Once again I will say it. PM stocks are just stocks, subject to the same heavy handed market forces as any other stock. Past performance is no guarantee of the future. Would there ever be a day when I might want to own PM stocks? Perhaps after the next major market crash and only if I felt comfortable holding anything denominated in dollars. Lots of ifs, ands or butts. In the meantime it is only the real thing that has any intrinsic value away from the paper matrix. I only watch two things. The gold/silver ratio as a key to lightening the silver postion (still a very, very long ways to go to get to the 15:1 range). The second item I watch with more than a passing interest is Platinum. If gold is bouncing around and platinum is stable, ignore the noise in gold. Platinum and gold normally have about a 2:1 ratio. Forget palladium - great in catalytic convertors but beyond that???????? Don't see too many palladium coins do you? Copper has way more history as money. I'm not saying palladium can get bull bonered like any other commodity, but it has no staying power if the auto market goes south. What do you think caused that huge spike in palladium a couple of years back? Ford - they tried to corner the market and got badly burnt when a new process was discovered that greatly reduced the amount of palldium required per car. The subsequent fall in price was Frod unwinding what turned out to be a huge overstock of raw material.

$$

post-7-1074142662.jpg

Thanks for posting this classic cartoon by the unmistakable pen of Manhood which I remarkably recall from the Punch Book of Travel circa 1974; a gentler time with far less hysterical innuendo when Punch was actually worth reading..

I bought gold in, I think it was '98, maybe '99. Paid about 180.00 if I remember right. Aren't you jealous? Don't be. I only bought the equivalent of 2 ounces in Canadian 1967 confederation gold coins in attractive display cases. What a maroon. Coulda shoulda.

Beardrech -when death stares you in the face, stare right back, then hurl a loogey.

Archived