A Cataclysm Coming This Way 12/18/03

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep uh huh

Made a bad trade the other day and just watched my money go away

Brain scramble

Trading smaller 'till I get a real feel

thing that really irks me is i pointed it out and let it go, 20K shares ran up my ass

so fast, i was stuck.

stoped out of one half befor it got out of hand, but let the rest ride figuring a triple

top distro moon-shot was the worst case.

got that in spades.

but now, who knows what these jackasses have in store for me.

i elected to avoid the pill. preganancy suits me just fine, a belly full of salmon.

emerging market's are parking lots for the the criminals, as soon as they need

the dough, down they'll go. latin america sure looks like a giant parking lot.

I think there might be a global convergence play to work on. The U.S. has certainly fleeced its share of investors in recent years while emerging nations are improving their fiscal, legal and structural institutions. The strong dollar has corrupted American's sense of values while emerging nations have taken one beating after another because they do not possess the world's reserve currency by which they could paper over their financial transgressions. You should be careful, but I believe the money will be made in emerging markets, not here.

I think there might be a global convergence play to work on. The U.S. has certainly fleeced its share of investors in recent years while emerging nations are improving their fiscal, legal and structural institutions. The strong dollar has corrupted American's sense of values while emerging nations have taken one beating after another because they do not possess the world's reserve currency by which they could paper over their financial transgressions. You should be careful, but I believe the money will be made in emerging markets, not here.

then we agree. i just believe at some point the rugs yanked there as well.

the charts dont lie. they been a good place to play.

Pimco has a good real return fund, one of two that I am aware of. The fund is called "Commodity Real Return" and uses TIPS as collateral for commodity positions. The no-load version symbol is PCRDX. Oppenheimer has one as well but it uses corporate bonds as collateral. The symbol is QRAAX. Pimco's fund is up nearly 30% this year on the "A" shares. Oppenheimer's up nearly 25%.

Thanks, Bearbones. I checked out the prospectus on the Pimco Advisors site.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the U.S. gold ETF, but it seems the Matrix is stalling it. PCRDX looks like a decent alternative to have some real asset exposure in a retirement account.

Shorting the stock market is all about timing -- "short and hold" (indefinitely) is not a viable long-term strategy with stock indices. But gold, energy and commods are potentially a "buy and hold" for the rest of the decade, which I need as balance in this long-term, infrequently traded account.

Archived