- - - - -

A Cataclysm Coming This Way 12/18/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
372 replies to this topic

#31 Bird D Durr

Bird D Durr

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:26 AM

Some New Currency..............

Attached Images

• 3dollarbill.jpg

#32 Guest_jrmfl_*

Guest_jrmfl_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:27 AM

Yep uh huh

Made a bad trade the other day and just watched my money go away

Brain scramble

Trading smaller 'till I get a real feel

thing that really irks me is i pointed it out and let it go, 20K shares ran up my ass
so fast, i was stuck.

stoped out of one half befor it got out of hand, but let the rest ride figuring a triple
top distro moon-shot was the worst case.

got that in spades.

but now, who knows what these jackasses have in store for me.

i elected to avoid the pill. preganancy suits me just fine, a belly full of salmon.

#33 Bearbones

Bearbones

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:28 AM

emerging market's are parking lots for the the criminals, as soon as they need
the dough, down they'll go. latin america sure looks like a giant parking lot.

I think there might be a global convergence play to work on. The U.S. has certainly fleeced its share of investors in recent years while emerging nations are improving their fiscal, legal and structural institutions. The strong dollar has corrupted American's sense of values while emerging nations have taken one beating after another because they do not possess the world's reserve currency by which they could paper over their financial transgressions. You should be careful, but I believe the money will be made in emerging markets, not here.

#34 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:30 AM

Fwiw I have been sorting out my Sm newsletters and taking
pounds of them out to the BURNPILE. :angry:

I had saved many because of reasons why the mk was going to

go down :lol:

Maybe when I burn the right letter the SM will Burn out :lol:

A True Story Bearman

#35 Guest_jrmfl_*

Guest_jrmfl_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:31 AM

I think there might be a global convergence play to work on. The U.S. has certainly fleeced its share of investors in recent years while emerging nations are improving their fiscal, legal and structural institutions. The strong dollar has corrupted American's sense of values while emerging nations have taken one beating after another because they do not possess the world's reserve currency by which they could paper over their financial transgressions. You should be careful, but I believe the money will be made in emerging markets, not here.

then we agree. i just believe at some point the rugs yanked there as well.

the charts dont lie. they been a good place to play.

#36 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:33 AM

Scam week. Was anyone just watching the YM tape? Never seen anything like that in all my years of trading.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#37 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:35 AM

Scam week. Was anyone just watching the YM tape? Never seen anything like that in all my years of trading.

greg YM whats that?

#38 dozer

dozer

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:36 AM

wow! that confidence sure evaporated in a hurry ! :P

moanin all !

good profits to all of us today.

#39 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:38 AM

Pimco has a good real return fund, one of two that I am aware of. The fund is called "Commodity Real Return" and uses TIPS as collateral for commodity positions. The no-load version symbol is PCRDX. Oppenheimer has one as well but it uses corporate bonds as collateral. The symbol is QRAAX. Pimco's fund is up nearly 30% this year on the "A" shares. Oppenheimer's up nearly 25%.

Thanks, Bearbones. I checked out the prospectus on the Pimco Advisors site.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the U.S. gold ETF, but it seems the Matrix is stalling it. PCRDX looks like a decent alternative to have some real asset exposure in a retirement account.

Shorting the stock market is all about timing -- "short and hold" (indefinitely) is not a viable long-term strategy with stock indices. But gold, energy and commods are potentially a "buy and hold" for the rest of the decade, which I need as balance in this long-term, infrequently traded account.
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#40 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:39 AM

greg YM whats that?

Dow futures.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#41 Lock Limit Down

Lock Limit Down

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Me either Greg :ph34r:
Games that are being played.....
Posted Image
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --- Thomas Jefferson

#42 Sphinxter

Sphinxter

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Love that divergence between the SNP and the DOW.

Wonnerful.

Looks like they want the DWO pinned at +40 for the moment.

Where next?

#43 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:43 AM

greg I see the dow is stuck up 40 + pts

#44 Guest_jrmfl_*

Guest_jrmfl_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:43 AM

no 1090s... kinda nice to see, pressed XLNX on this pop, see if it works.

#45 An Ant

An Ant

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:44 AM

So far bulls were hoping for Jokes 10K.
Now it's bears' turn.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart