- - - - -

For Your Early Friday Morning Meditation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:19 PM

we finish the week net no change.

Borrrrrr - ring

#122 Guest_The CoinGuy_*

Guest_The CoinGuy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:19 PM

Pile,

I'm starting to agree with you here. Trouble is in my trading account, like a lot of others, I'm flat, and looking to go short. Can't figure out where to enter here.

WITH MY LUCK, we'll get a whopsaw to the upside the day after I go in.

Sitting on my hands HEAVY-FOOTED in the minors from the July lows...So I'm feeling no pain, but would like to start DCA into my shorts? Hell, I just don't know, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

The CoinGuy

#123 Guest_The CoinGuy_*

Guest_The CoinGuy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:22 PM

Damn...I need a spell checker

TCG

#124 Miss Moneypenny

Miss Moneypenny

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:22 PM

Doc are the words about the 5hr. 1 day "low" consistent with the graph in this morning's anals?

Yeah, you're right -- I said 1-day not 5-hr, didn't I?. Well, don't listen to me anyway -- I'm an idiot! Hopefully everyone knows that by now... :D See lurkers, you'd better subscribe yourselves else be misled by idiots like me... :blink: :blink:
The moment you stop and analyze what "should" be happening, instead of what "is" happening,
is the moment you have to hand your money to the next trader - Blackbelt
Call me kinky, but I pay to see Doc's Anals!

#125 PileDriver

PileDriver

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:23 PM

CoinG

That's why I've been playing BEARX since Dec 4 for now. Let's see what happens when the vacation is over ~ Jan 6th. :lol:

Something's got to give by then and its got to be down.

Once we get into a real strong [down] trend (ADX(14) wakes up) then I'll gradually transistion buck$ from BEARX to indi shorts but at least I'm not missing the first bowel movement by being in BEARX :grin:

Also, I'm building my "fecal roster" for the anticipated second bowel movement using VectorVest and OmniTrader.

#126 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,095 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:25 PM

The Mummers will strut on New Years. That's when we strut too.

That was a brainfart in the intraday outlook. It should have said "highs", not lows. The cycle map was correct.

Sorry for the confusion.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#127 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 84,095 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:30 PM

As I said, the cycle map was as intended. The words were bass ackwards. Here is the corrected version with the word "highs" substituted for "lows." The high was shown on the cyle map at 11 AM.

Often when a cycle low occurs late, there's a retest or lower low soon after the open. The downside cmap was 886 for the low, and perhaps we'll see that in the first half hour Friday. A 5 and 8 day cycle low coming up possibly Friday or Monday has a cmap of 878 or so. Look for the 5 hour and 1 day cycle highs around 11 AM to noon, Friday. The up phase is not expected to amount to much, with the 5 and 8 day cycles still heading lower. The expected cycle map is below.  

The actual was worse than expected. The 5 day cycle cmap still looks valid, but temporary. Lower low Monday or Tuesday.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#128 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:33 PM

The bullishness reflected in the TRINQ continues to astound. It's been taking steady buying pressure just to stem the decline. Imagine if the TRINQ makes it above 3 given the absence of buyers. Very low volume too- pure-ed destruction of wealth. Vaporization.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#129 Ned38

Ned38

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:34 PM

$USD just "dumped" a little more

#130 PileDriver

PileDriver

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:35 PM

The bullishness reflected in the TRINQ continues to astound.  It's been taking steady buying pressure just to stem the decline.  Imagine if the TRINQ makes it above 3 given the absence of buyers.  Very low volume too-  pure-ed destruction of wealth.  Vaporization.

I can't wait until the stilts are kicked out from underneath this ...

POS

It's gonna come down like a California mudslide!!!

#131 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:39 PM

To quote an old movie (actually, lots of old movies):

It's quiet.....TOO quiet....

Covered half my IBM short, because I'm sick of seeing profits evaporate in a sea of jam.
You may now short IBM with impunity.
Of course I'm caustic!

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:43 PM

NAZ at 50 MA. Pop or Drop?
Looks like Drop.

Oh well, I guess it was wishful thinking. I guess I'll just have to find excitement elswhere today. Must find some more wet paint to look at.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image
starwars.com

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart