Photo

American Military Coup of 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 roidrage

roidrage

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:19 PM

The letter that follows takes us on a darkly imagined excursion into the future. A military coup has taken place in the United States--the year is 2012--and General Thomas E. T. Brutus, Commander-in-Chief of the Unified Armed Forces of the United States, now occupies the White House as permanent Military Plenipotentiary. His position has been ratified by a national referendum, though scattered disorders still prevail and arrests for acts of sedition are underway. A senior retired officer of the Unified Armed Forces, known here simply as Prisoner 222305759, is one of those arrested, having been convicted by court-martial for opposing the coup. Prior to his execution, he is able to smuggle out of prison a letter to an old War College classmate discussing the "Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012." In it, he argues that the coup was the outgrowth of trends visible as far back as 1992. These trends were the massive diversion of military forces to civilian uses, the monolithic unification of the armed forces, and the insularity of the military community. His letter survives and is here presented verbatim.

It goes without saying (I hope) that the coup scenario above is purely a literary device intended to dramatize my concern over certain contemporary developments affecting the armed forces, and is emphatically not a prediction. -- The Author

http://carlisle-www....1992/dunlap.htm

#2 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:24 PM

Here's a link to a pdf file version, which may be easier to read:

http://www.woodrow.o...cts/Origins.pdf

#3 Butterfield 8

Butterfield 8

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:41 PM

You might find this book interesting: The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood. Written in the 1980's and unbelievable prophetic. America as a fascist state dominated by Christians.

#4 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:50 PM

Chalmers Johnson on Rome and America:

http://www.commondre...s03/0910-10.htm

#5 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:52 PM

You might find this book interesting: The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood. Written in the 1980's and unbelievable prophetic. America as a fascist state dominated by Christians.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

http://www.students....bchandmaid.html

#6 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 05:54 PM

From Chalmers Johnson:

The American republic, of course, has not yet collapsed; it is just under considerable strain as the imperial presidency -- and its supporting military legions -- undermine Congress and the courts. However, the Roman outcome -- turning over power to an autocracy backed by military force and welcomed by ordinary citizens because it seemed to bring stability -- suggests what might happen in the years after Bush and his neoconservatives are thrown out of office.

#7 threadbare

threadbare

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:53 PM

He must read Robert Kaplan. Kaplan was an excellent journalist who seems to be serving the very powers he deems so abhorrent at present. Here's something he wrote in '96. The Handmaid's Tale springs to mind. This is by far the best sociological run down of the military I've read so far.

"Robert Epstein, a military historian, followed me out of his office, lecturing me. "Ancient history has everything. There is nothing that can ever happen that won't have an echo from the classical past." He explained how the immigration of German tribes led to tensions with the native Romans and abetted the breakup of the Roman world. A subgroup of Germans, the Visigoths, fled into the empire in the late fourth century A.D. to escape other barbarian tribes. Not satisfied with how the Romans treated them, the Visigoths eventually rose against the very state that had given them refuge. Filling much of the vacuum created as the imperium disintegrated was Christianity -- a radical and intolerant counterpart to dignified, aristocratic paganism. The early Christians, Epstein went on, won the debate over values partly by choking the debate off -- the Christians were able successfully to characterize the other side's arguments as immoral, or incorrect. Thus intimidation kept people from saying what they really thought.

http://www.theatlant...aven/leaven.htm

When you read through this article, you can easily see how the administration is playing the military. They will remove multilaterlists from the upper ranks, through attrition and forced retirement, They will replace them with fundamentalist Christians to stifle debate. They will reinforce Christianity, specifically linking it with "nation" in the lower ranks who are demographically "correct" Christians anyway. Whether they're successful, time will tell. But you can certainly accomplish a great deal when the general population is nervous and looking for stability. It all depends on where people, military included, feel the instability is radiating from.

Govts who are trying to curry favor with the military, should bear in mind that it's not the generals who are wielding the guns, it's the lower ranking troops they are alienating in every way. What a bunch of frikkin' dopes. They should read "the idiiot's guide to militarization".

#8 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:15 PM

He must read Robert Kaplan. Kaplan was an excellent journalist who seems to be serving the very powers he deems so abhorrent at present.

Robert Kaplan's writings have been shaping much about the way I think about these issues, particulary "The Ends of the Earth" and "The Coming Anarchy."

Dunlap's approach astonishes me because he's writing from within the US Military, primarily for strategists. The depth of the US Military and this kind of evidence of self-awareness gives me hope that this scenario will not come to pass.

#9 ShitEatingGrinner

ShitEatingGrinner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:54 PM

Have to third the sentiments about the Handmaid's Tale. It is shockingly prescient. Well-written, as well. Radical right-wing Christians are running the country, it seems. Or at least are sharing power with the godless neo-cons.

#10 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:17 PM

What about public sentiment for military rule? There? Not there yet? Never?

#11 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 03:59 PM

Very interesting stuff.

Not that usual consiracy theory stuff, just articles which tells facts and try to search for analogies from history. Thats good, because almost everything what is going on can be explained by history, psychology, sociology and so on, we dont need those conspiracy theories.

"The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood is set in the near future in the Republic of Gilead, formerly the United States. A religious extremist right-wing movement assassinated the president and congress and took complete control of the government"

excuse me, but what is the term "near future" doin there? It is the present! I mean, look how congre4ss voted for that patriot act thing, it voted like in the former soviet union 99% or soemthing! There is no congress anymore, it stopped to exists 2 years ago. Now it is only a house which makes some minor laws, which are not important. After sep11 2001 (no, i wont say "nine eleven" because thats a term from the propagandaministerium) the republic was "sold" to the neo cons/ultra right wing christians.

Who sold them the republic? It was the people! They lost interest in the republic, less than 50% of them wnet to presidential elections, not to speak about election to the house. Becasue of that it was very easy for the usurpatoirs to gain power. Imagine that: The people had so less interest in the republic that they watched what was going on in florida but nobody killed the usurpators! Can you beleive that? Fact is: Nobody wants the republic, so it stops to exist.

The US is definitely in transition. But where will it end? Maybe in a militaristic society, but for that the enemy is not big enough, but maybe the media propaganda will make the enemy bigger, that shouldnt be a big problem.

With J6P you can do anything, you can tell him anything, he will do anything, he will kill a muslim with his sheer hands. All youi have to do is wash his head 24 hours a day over a period of time. It works, 1930s/40s germany is the proof. You must not think that the germans have certain genes which made them such monsters, you can do it with any people on earth.

Wyh isnt there an underground left wing terror group? I dont get it! Seems that the "Gleichschaltung" was successfull already. You dont knwo the enemy? I tell you who it is: It is the "Christian Coaltion".
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#12 roidrage

roidrage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:24 PM

"The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood is set in the near future in the Republic of Gilead, formerly the United States. A religious extremist right-wing movement assassinated the president and congress and took complete control of the government"

excuse me, but what is the term "near future" doin there? It is the present!

"Prophetic" because this book was published as early as 1986, ( if not earlier), when the climate seemed different to many.

#13 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:35 PM

"Prophetic" because this book was published as early as 1986, ( if not earlier), when the climate seemed different to many.

oups, i didnt know that. Also "assassinated" is a nice methaphor for "took over complete control".
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#14 Butterfield 8

Butterfield 8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 07:18 PM

FX - The Left has been castrated , and over many years. Reagan destroyed America, he ended an era of America as community, and it has been downhill ever since. If you speak out, you will have your tax return audited. Remember Nixon's "enemies list" ? It is back in force. Now that the Right has evidently gotten hold of the voting machines, I think there is little hope for democracy here or for the constitution. While the Soviet Union remained a threat, the constitution was safe. Now that Russia is democratic and power-mad monsters have moved into the White House, the constitution is just in the way.

#15 threadbare

threadbare

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 09:54 PM

FXfox, As a German, you should be the first one to try to gain knowledge about real conspiracies. If the Germans had understood the real conspiracy behind the Hitler, the Reichstag, and ignored the bullshit one, "Protocol of the Elders of Zion" stuff, the world may have been spared the holocaust.

The challenge is not to accept all conspiracy theories as true, nor dismiss them all as false. They have to be regarded as falling somewhere between rumour and verifiable historic data. Many of them aren't subject to a filtering process of a scholarly review. This is their weakness but also their great strength, as filtering processes are usually influenced by the very people who may be players in various conspiracies.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but: The condescending attitudes of some who occassionally drop by, squeeze out a turd of protest about ongoing themes on the board, or the misuse of terminology, give me a pain. It's usally accompanied by the embarrassing smell of intellectual and class snobbery and is as transparent as hell.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart