- - - - -

The Note

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#16 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 09:59 AM

The Tidy Bowl! Donning my orange wig and shaving Easy Al's mug into the back of my scalp now!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#17 seamus

seamus

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 09:59 AM

$5b in 28d repos

#18 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:01 AM

It's obviously seasonal factors (xmas holidaze and closings) behind the precipitous drop in initial claims. Fokker won't be donging the AGF American Growth fund just yet :D

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#19 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:05 AM

E Wave lesson of the day, applied to DSCM

Disclosure: Long from $1.90 on DSCM

I dont always think E waves work really well on individual stock charts, but sometimes I go for it anyhoo...

This chart of Drug Whore.com shows wave 1 from 1.25 to 2.25; Wave 2 down (61% retrace, a large one) to $1.64 recently as early as last week I believe....

And... Wave 3 has begun UPWARD. Now, if E Waves work on this stock, it brings my interim target to about $3.25 per share.

$3.25 is 161% of the wave 1 upward move (A fibo number)

And so it is for the SG... holding DSCM long, and otherwise in Cash.... you gotta play once in awhile....

Attached Images

• dscm.gif

#20 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:16 AM

Well Santa didn't bring me that Ferrari I wanted but it looks like my miners might buy me a few tanks of gas for my 82 GMC.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#21 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:19 AM

With great trepidation and loathing, Doc presents yourPre Market Update.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#22 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:21 AM

SG, max pain has Qs at 25 for scam week. Do you think they can do it? If so is it possible that they may let 'em drop to 23.5 range and jam it back up briefly over 25? Or will they go to 26.25 and take it down from there? If so that will be a long drop afterward 'cause I don't think 25 will hold. So which is likely? I think I would take profits on any move to the mid 23 or low 23 range before scam week.

#23 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:25 AM

Yosh,

Those numbers might change between now and the third friday in Jan. :wink2:
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#24 anotherone

anotherone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:31 AM

Nice jam on the u.c. claims.

Wait until the people who fell off of the rolls due to the inability of congress to grant an extension (on unemployment insurance claims) go back on the rolls when the extension goes through in January. It should be a rude awakening.

The job market (technology-wise) was wide open for 3 weeks during November (I grabbed one, so I'm off the rolls), but that's about it. It looks lean again. The real test will come mid January or so. If there is no uptick in hiring at that time the economy will start sinking fast. :ph34r:
"Calista Flockhart's top is not near as significant as Maria's bottom."
--"Zapata" George Blake 8/5/2003

#25 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:32 AM

They've been at 25 for a while. I've looked at the chart it seems to me that by next month it could be the highest possible move. My question is, do we go higher from here and then down, or lower and back up? I think this is likely because the real down move is coming later in Jan. I just don't see it going straight down from here.

#26 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:35 AM

I REALY want mid Jan to be a high not a low. If it is a LOW. Yikes!
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#27 Stutz

Stutz

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:36 AM

While doing the over-the-river-and-through-the-woods thing, I was struck by the number of billboards promoting billboard advertizing, that is w/o paying sponsers. Anybody see anything different?

Also, heard an anecdote about about a young couple whose tight housing budget was blown out, not by unemployment but by a property tax increase.

#28 Stutz

Stutz

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:39 AM

SPY 89.99. Got exuberence?

#29 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:47 AM

TRINQ at .22 is low enough so we could get a nice finger on the COMPX.

#30 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 10:47 AM

I REALY want mid Jan to be a high not a low. If it is a LOW. Yikes!

wanna sign this with my fattest pencil.

Hope 10-13 week cycle low is already in, so that usual early jan jam is a good part of the 10-13 cylce week upphase.
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart