Matrix Blows Up

?It?s such a nebulous scandal?, said Charles Biderman, chief executive of TrimTabs. ?What impact does it have on an individual investor? Probably none. It?s a scandal only for the newspapers and politicians. Everybody else is staying fully invested.?

That's odd. When I tried watering down the liquor in my parents cabinet, and got caught, that wasn't nebulous.

In fact they rather cottoned on to the scheme right properly, I would say.

And now, the for the one-image summary of today's (non-PM) market action as brought forth by Mousey:

post-7-1069191085_thumb.jpg

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about that hot 19-year old Cello player with the juicy lips? Now at Julliard thanks to his tall, blonde, high cheekboned Morgan Stanley broker who HeatMapped the guy?s 503 "bee" funds into the High Beta Growth Fund?

LMAZZOFFFF!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Roach was caught in bed with her. Stanley needs a resident Bear to meet it's Diversity quoata, so they can't fire him. ("This kid couldn't play the fiddle at a Kentucky wedding" she was last heard to say...)

Inflation in Check as Energy Prices Drop

Tue November 18, 2003 12:10 PM ET

By Tim Ahmann

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. consumer prices held steady last month as plunging energy prices offset increases in the cost of food, homes and lodging, the government said on Tuesday in a report that showed little change in inflation trends.

The consumer price index, the most widely used gauge of U.S. inflation, was unchanged in October, the Labor Department said. The so-called core index, which strips out sometimes volatile food and energy prices, rose 0.2 percent.

Markets largely shrugged off the data, which came was close to expectations. Economists had expected both the overall CPI and the core index to rise 0.1 percent.

anal cysts said the report showed a lack of inflation and suggested the Federal Reserve could keep overnight borrowing costs at a 1958 low of 1 percent for some time to try to spur employment growth without worrying about prices flaring.

I was wondering when them foreigners was going to catch on ....

Ouch.

Nov. 18 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar fell to a record low against the euro in New York trading after net foreign purchases of U.S. securities in September fell to the lowest in five years, a government report showed.

A drop in stocks and bonds bought by international investors makes it harder for the U.S. to finance the deficit in its current account, the broadest measure of trade and investment. The Treasury Department said foreigners bought a net $4.19 billion in September, down from $49.9 billion in August and the smallest since $1.17 billion in September 1998.

``The big question remains whether foreign investors will be attracted to U.S. assets and keep flows coming in at a pace enough to offset the current account deficit,'' said Rebecca Patterson, global currency strategist at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in New York. ``The dollar is weakening further from here.''

Ummmm. I'll hazard a guess. How about "NO!"?

Any takers for Octobers number being negative? I'd put a fiver down on that.

For the day before Scam week Wednesday, people are pretty giddy.

I'll be looking for a three day bounce in the AM, if the TRIN is high at the open.

Very valid point...but yesterday and today were also part of scam week, and it is beginning to appear that the scamming no longer works. If it fails to work during scam week...The Boys are going to get out in a big damn hurry.

Plunger

I just had my best day in over one year. Shorted the indices today close to the highs and added to my silver position yesterday on that ridiculous spike down. I agree there is something in the wind and cracks are forming in the dike. The flight to the bond this last week in the face of an imploding dollar was the warning shot across the bow. If we can get some more serious down tomorrow delta hedging will become necessary and maybe, just for once scam week, will belong to the bears. The talent on this site is unprecedented. Kudos to Doc for making it all possible and helping more people like myself then will ever be known.

The dollar fell even after U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow said the U.S. economic expansion has ``real muscle'' and will continue to create jobs in the months ahead.

The Dollar fell EVEN AFTER he spoke???

Mr. Credibility Not Believed?

UNBELIEVEABLE!

INCREDIBLE!

Archived