Doug Noland Returns

Something is amiss, don't know what but something.

Da Boys now know that all these Fed numbers are a lie. They thought they knew it before, but the recent Challenger Grey layoff numbers confirmed it. It's about jobs and the consumer's financial health...period.

Challenger announces a shockingly high number of layoffs mid week (the real numbers), Wall Street instantly states that there is "no correlation between those numbers and the Fed's numbers that will be announced on Friday", and proceeds to ramp and distribute their asses off throughout yesterday's rally to front run the number this morning - that was as well telegraphed as any in history.

Only one problem...even Da Boys are tiring of the lies and deceit. They've already made enough money this year, and they know that they are ALL GUILTY of market timing and other self-enriching hijinks, all of which is going to be exposed. Today's number was a lie...period. The actual unemployment rate is closer to 10% than 6%. Credit card debt is going off the charts just as the ability to borrow against one's home is going away, along with their jobs. $10 billion left Putnam this week, and it's just getting started.

We Are Still At War, and are quite likely to be attacked by someone soon, whether at home, abroad, or both. Today was "sell-the-news" day. I knew it, you knew it, and they knew it too. "They" did their best to prop it up all day through whatever artificial means "they" use, and if "they" hadn't, it would have been down from 10:30 on...big time! What does it cost to prop up an entire market prior to a collapse?

If today was merely designed to pull in the bears prior to presenting Osama's head on a stick this weekend, it was masterfully done. I'm more inclined to believe that today was the day when we were supposed to break out the DOW 10,000 party hats...and the party's over.

Plunger

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re Ivan pls read anal cysts post-I mean Puhleeze- a posting on a few chat boards by a group of well known wing nuts and all of a sudden a Company is a Fraud-Anyone who has done due diligence on Ivan knows otherwise. Thom Calandra over at CBS Marketwatch has written extensively for months on the Company, its holdings, its prospects and the people who run it and their sister Company. We got a mania alright when an accusation is made repeated over and over as Gospel and a good company takes a hit in their stock price. With all the lying, cheating, smoke and mirrors con artists running bogus companies that people invest in and get smashed and lose everything-if the accusations are real the securities boyz will be over Ivan like a tent if they aren't well then all is well. Trade Safe!

yikes....

b4, please re-read your last coupla lines again.

If we are to wait for the -regulators- to nip the frauds in the bud, we might as well flush our coin down the stool, eh?

a la Enron, Worldcom, et al. NONE caught or publicized until well AFTER scamming multi-BILLIONS.

Also, I'm sure I've missed plenty of Thom's pieces, but every one I've seen on Ivanhoe was on the MINING company, i.e. IVN.to, ...which is a whole different animal than the energy company IVAN.

I have no reason to think IVAN's a fraud, but I sure wouldn't want to wait for the SEC to tell me so! :P :P

More Pluvia:

Whoever Pluvia is, it now appears that this lionized character in the Internet's bulletin board subculture is on the run from Sabratek attorneys, the Internal Revenue Service and Nevada law enforcement authorities, who have a warrant out for "Pluvia's" arrest, according to court documents.

Lawyers for Sabratek said Keyser disappeared last August before they could serve him with a lawsuit charging that he disparaged Sabratek on the Internet bulletin boards as Pluvia, while holding a short position that would make him money if Sabratek's stock price fell.

Last week, though, Judge Harold Baer, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, ruled that if Sabratek doesn't find Pluvia and serve him by May 15, Pluvia's name will have to be dropped from the suit.

"We'll see if we can find him," Sabratek's New York lawyer, Stu Jackson, said Thursday. "He is hiding out someplace." Jackson said the company will hire private investigators to root Pluvia out.

Oh, and by the way, just where is Libertyville, USA?

[/b] :lol:

Dozer-Thom has written about both-my point was if Pluvia had any credibility the SEC hearing of the accusations would all over Ivan in fact i suspect that may still happen if for no other purpose than to calm the waters for the shareholders. As to your comments about the SEC and Enron etc-you are right on the Big Cons they the SEC are always a day late and a dime short (I wonder WHY that is??) however little guyz like Ivan get an Anvil dropped right between their eyes by the SEC if found to be improper. Anything is possible but I don't put much credence in the accusations or the accuser. Trade Safe!

More Pluvia:

Whoever Pluvia is, it now appears that this lionized character in the Internet's bulletin board subculture is on the run from Sabratek attorneys, the Internal Revenue Service and Nevada law enforcement authorities, who have a warrant out for "Pluvia's" arrest, according to court documents.

Lawyers for Sabratek said Keyser disappeared last August before they could serve him with a lawsuit charging that he disparaged Sabratek on the Internet bulletin boards as Pluvia, while holding a short position that would make him money if Sabratek's stock price fell.

Last week, though, Judge Harold Baer, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, ruled that if Sabratek doesn't find Pluvia and serve him by May 15, Pluvia's name will have to be dropped from the suit.

"We'll see if we can find him," Sabratek's New York lawyer, Stu Jackson, said Thursday. "He is hiding out someplace." Jackson said the company will hire private investigators to root Pluvia out.

Go back and read the same thread.. refresh the message.. new posts.

Gap fill anyone?

Stephen Roach (from Hong Kong)

Nov 07, 2003

Bull markets are very tantalizing and, in the end, quite persuasive. They encourage investors to jump on the momentum train -- lest they be left behind at the station. They also bring out the creativity in strategists, economists, and anal cysts to explain why the good times will persist. Sometimes that creativity goes to excess. That was the case in the Great Bubble of the Roaring Nineties. And I fear it is the case once again, today.

More.....

More Pluvia:

Go back and read the same thread.. refresh the message.. new posts.

Gap fill anyone?

Rock,

can you provide a link? I pulled the other info off of various articles from Google...TIA

Last night Bare posted a rambling discourse about how something was up with the call up and mobilization of 110,000 reservists and National Guardsman-well I agree with Bare-something is up. A normal rotation of troops is done gradually not en mass as this is going to be. Plus when the boys coming home go back to their bases after their leave they still have to paid, fed and clothed as do the 110,000 who are being called up. That will push the deficit thru thru the stratosphere and even Shrub ain't that dumb horrendous extra cost in an election year would have Congress and the Senate eating him for lunch-nope something else methinks -another adventure is in the offing. Stay tuned- the World and the markets can't take another adventure. Looks to me like the inmates who are running the institution may be seeking another dust up to boost GDP-or am I just to damn cynical?? Trade Safe!

Look at the nasty business in Mecca the last couple of days. US fortifies the Royal Family? Nah....

The lesson of Pluvia: if you short the stocks of companies put together by powerful venture capital firms and you make loud noises about shorting them, they will spend lots of money tracking you down and attempt to ruin your reputation (such as it is).

Send lawyers, guns and money.

I don't like that part about subpoena-ing operators of Internet posting boards to reveal the identities of those who post under fake names.

Doc, what's your policy?

Bad day for the war administration. 6 more dead when another helicopter is shot down. Turkey says no to sending in its troops into the swamp. The Turks know where that train wreck is going and are refusing to play bagholder for the bushman. More reserves being called up and talk of reconstituting the draft in the "good as it gets" great society. What's not to like? B)

Archived