- - - - -

Itty-Bitty Things

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 01:45 PM

Itty-Bitty Things
================

Several months ago, the un-subscribe command on MountainWings was not working for a brief period.

We received an e-mail from a lady who said she had tried to un-subscribe, but she was still receiving issues. I didn't see how that could be possible, so I un-subscribed her and then checked the database. Her e-mail address was still there.

I finally tracked down what was wrong. An itty-bitty character was missing from the un-subscribe script. I don't know how it disappeared, it just disappeared.

Computers are a lot like life.

An itty-bitty thing can stop or start the whole process.

Both the male sperm and the female egg are so small that no human eyesight can see them. They are itty-bitty things.

The beginnings of most things, good or bad, are itty-bitty things. Even MountainWings began from an itty-bitty thing.

Most affairs or marriages begin with an itty-bitty thing.
A sideward glance held a fraction of a second longer than necessary.
A casual brush of clothing.
A hello with a bit more bounce per ounce.
A smile.

Itty-Bitty things.

When you find out the true story, you discover that most divorces begin with itty-bitty things.

What kids will remember most about their early childhood will be an itty-bitty thing to an adult.

Maybe there was one person who needed a particular issue of MountainWings during that period.

They would not have received it except for that itty-bitty thing.

If that's you, e-mail us and let us know.

For those of you who did un-subscribe and are still getting issues, it's working now. The itty-bitty thing has been fixed and the un-subscribe is working perfectly. Maybe it was working perfectly all along.

Perfection just may not be what we think.

Itty-Bitty things lead to Great Big things.

There is nothing insignificant.

This has been an itty-bitty message from MountainWings.com.

A MountainWings Original

From MountainWings.com The Daily Inspirational Email

Still don't know what the deal is. What I do know is that I will definitely do the AM offering early tomorrow morning, perhaps very early tomorrow morning from whatever location that I am blessed with a computer. And, in fact, it won't be just an AM offering but an all day one because of the holday-shortened trading hours.

Which then brings us to Thursday AM. Which at this moment is still in mystery. But as Doc said this morning, not to worry. I will get word to Doc, Greg and Rich if I am unable to do the deed. And if either Greg or Rich do it both Doc and I have total confidence in their leadership and ability to uphold and maintain the high academic standards set by him here at Stool U. :)

#2 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 01:56 PM

PM Update

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#3 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 01:59 PM

Wow! Where is everybody?

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#4 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:00 PM

Out boosting the economy.

#5 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:02 PM

Gold checking out resistance.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:06 PM

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

Attached Images

• index.12231200.gif

#7 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:08 PM

Wow! Where is everybody?

Gee, it's nice to be missed! :grin:

I was just out running errands, delivering stuff to a client --

traffic at shopping centers I drove by seemed to be pretty insignificant.
Of course I'm caustic!

#8 richmtn

richmtn

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:08 PM

And if either Greg or Rich do it both Doc and I have total confidence in their leadership and ability to uphold and maintain the high academic standards set by him here at Stool U.

Aren't you this least bit worried that from me instead of Mountainwings you'll get zombies. :lol:

#9 getsoutalive

getsoutalive

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:13 PM

DoubleFlush,

Check your PM.

#10 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:14 PM

And if either Greg or Rich do it both Doc and I have total confidence in their leadership and ability to uphold and maintain the high academic standards set by him here at Stool U.

Aren't you this least bit worried that from me instead of Mountainwings you'll get zombies. :lol:

Or maybe vampirebatwings :lol:
Of course I'm caustic!

#11 ArdentGuy

ArdentGuy

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:15 PM

Doc,

Thanks for the PM update. That CMAP is pointed in the proper direction. Shorted SPYs at 90 for a quick scalp this afternoon since most short term cycles are aligned.

Nobody cares to push it one way or the other...so I expect an almost imperceptible but steady decline. PileDriver won't even notice and Simply Guy won't get hurt.

#12 sniff

sniff

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:16 PM

sniff has been out kick'en the charts around..... need the practice

timeframe: 30 min. spx

gartley matched to fib grid... 894

time 2:00 est, but only from the slope projection... so timeing lousey, but fortunate to have cmaps... we shall see.

#13 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:17 PM

I'm here......went to the bank with only 2 people on line.it still took me 35 minutes to get to the front of the line....so much for cust service.

Nothing

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:20 PM

Like I said, Rich, I have full faith and confidence in your ability as well as Greg's to uphold and maintain Stool U's exemplary academic standards if either one of you or both become the Steward's Steward. :grin:

#15 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:21 PM

Happy Holidays all.... testing....

Posted Image
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart