OTC Frenzy

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woody Hayes was a horse's PETOOTS! And a boring coach who eschewed the pASS(_)_)(_(_)ing? game. The BARE hopes he's doing a VERY long stretch in PURGATORY FUR that.

He was ill-tempered and ill-mannered, and, allegedly, foul-mouthed.

HRFF was VERY glad to see him go.

how 'bout them badgers...oops, I mean buckeyes. :P :lol: :lol:

first thing - journeyman clerks have to earn much more than $15/hr - then figure in bennies including union retirement. i was in retail clerks 30 years ago. it was a decent job then - it isnt now. swiping cans and stacking cereal boxes is not skilled labor - if you doubt it go to WMT and have a look see.

whats happening is simply a local example of wage deflation and increased competition. the replacement worker isnt chinese, but the impact is essentially the same.

a striker told me "3 more days like this and they will settle." i doubt it - he also said that they will run out of strike funds after a month - they get $300/week. watch as the trade unions come under pressure as willing immigrant workers erode the pay scale. another striker told me he wanted a raise - he's a great clerk, always really cheerful and helpful, but he isnt getting a raise anytime soon.

as MWH pointed out - i found it very ODD that it was suggested that i go to a non-union store. :lol:

HEAD AND SHOULDERS HEAD AND SHOULDERS

turns all the bull dung stocks

into downward boulders

This will all end badly and blow up big.

Margin debt way high - this is what bought 1929 crashing down.

Fear and marrgin calls will flatten this echo bubble.

We are now in the mania stage of Bubble Two.

Every sheep hoper is buying like mad so as not to miss the river boat.

The asian babes are doing a great head and shoulder act.

So is Ebabe.

Insiders unloading like no tomorrow.

Plenty of time to catch the downside when the panic selling hits.

HEAD AND SHOULDERS HEAD AND SHOULDERS

turns all the bull dung stocks

into downward boulders

This will all end badly and blow up big.

Margin debt way high - this is what bought 1929 crashing down.

Fear and marrgin calls will flatten this echo bubble.

We are now in the mania stage of Bubble Two.

Every sheep hoper is buying like mad so as not to miss the river boat.

The asian babes are doing a great head and shoulder act.

So is Ebabe.

Insiders unloading like no tomorrow.

Plenty of time to catch the downside when the panic selling hits.

Jimbo,

I cycled through all timeframes from hourly to yearly on de EBAY chart... where d'ye see a head & shoulders pattern?

Tanks (in advance),

gruff

post-7-1066016031_thumb.jpg

I don't see the jobs coming back to the US. The jobs will keep migrating to other countries, until the boomer generation starts to retire in droves. I read somewhere (I think in USA Today) that there will be a huge shortage of workers in 10 years, but I don't see that happening. Jobs will continue being exported to the equalibrium point of the echo boom generation being able to fill the current available domestic jobs. That's my 1 cent WAG.

the cosmic joke is that no one is going to be in a position to retire in 10 years. Hell ever. Retirement requires real honest to betsy economic growth that translates into wealth building, and I don't see much of that on the horizon.

TwoScrews is correct. Plonk FUR the home mkt, primarily, per the weekend FT.

Igor!

Let's have anUDDER go at those TwoScrews criteria!

yettthhh, mASSter?!

Twirl the dials, Igor!!!

Bare-- Can't figure out how TwoScrews can be correct over the very short run.

I looked at the $NDX to see whether all the wild put and call buying in the Cubes can be justified. I believe the unusual put activity is Da Boyz merely trying to hedge other long positions. So the $NDX should provide better evidence than the QQQ's.

Here's what I think.

First, there's that 19 point gap. It can't qualify as an exhaustion or breakaway gap, so it's likely to be filled.

With the double divergence on the RSI and potentially on the MACD, I'd guess the fill will be sooner than later. Stochastic is diverging nastily.

The rally from the October 1st low of 1302.30 to Friday's high of 1406.30 is 104 points.

If we do some math, a 61.8% retrace would take us to 1342. Considering that part of the rise was a gap, that's not so unusual.

The gap is from 1344 to 1363. so there's a likely fib retracement. Short term corrections in markets are, traditionally, 4% to 7%. Four per cent takes us to 1350, at a minimum. So, once again, there's further likelihood that the gap will be filled in the short term.

There's risk. On Balance Volume confirms the rise. However, Chaiken Money Flow does not.

While ADX has a bullish crossover for the action when the gap occurred, DIplus has stagnated thereafter.

As far as fib time lines go, the decline may end Tuesday or Thursday. INTC reports Tuesday.

Sift the evidence presented here, my friend.

By the way, the address " My friend" is the common parlance when referring to opposing Counsel in Canada for I, too, am a Barrister.

Best Wishes,

Bearvest

First, there's that 19 point gap. It can't qualify as an exhaustion or breakaway gap, so it's likely to be filled.

Looking at NQ Daily, there is a potential double 'island reversal' pattern (north) .

I got my beady on 1355.396 for clues.

As my chum, Brian4, would say: "Trade Safe!"

Success!

gruff

post-7-1066022886.jpg

Bearvest, u misconstrue HRFF!

TwoScrews is correct (partially) about the wine mkt in China.

That's all The BARE was responding to. SNOT his market views.

HRFF agrees w ya, there. Too illusory. SNOT enuff conFURmations FUR his liking, anyhoo. Which is why he remains short. Were it FURing, heavily, on ALL cylinders, he'd be skeered.

He ain't....SNOT YET, anyhoo.

Grocery clerks work a minimum of 24 hours a week, with 70 percent working part-time. They earn, on average, about $15 an hour, said Rick Icaza, president of UFCW Local 770 in Los Angeles and one of the negotiators.

Vons president Tom Keller said the chains' contract proposal does not call for wage reductions and asks employees to pay $5 a week for individual health care coverage and $10 to $15 a week for an entire family.

$15 an hour to swipe and they're bitching about paying $60 a month for a family health insurance plan? They deserve to be locked out!

Yes $1440 a month before taxes is great for Southern California...I worked as a bagger here in Canada and it was irony that I worked in a food store but could barely afford to eat... they would not work around hours if I got another job...the policy is if you can't make it on the money we give you then go to hell...I got a second job and they cut my hours to 5 in a week at $7.00 that was $35 a cut of $175... I quicky dropped my secon job and begged for hours...I eventually bailed...though.

I think all the people that work for a living shoud be locked out...then watch the powder puffs scream... I think everyone that works for a living should just stop working and spoiling the people that do zero but actually think they contribute something to society...

What the King said...

If it was not for me you would all be a bunch of starving peasants...

One day they realized what a starving peasant was and rose up and killed the king...sure they were still starving peasants but they removed the humiliation...

It is not the peasants who should be greatful for the existance of the king it is the king who should be greatful for the existance of the peasants...

Once fractional reserve banking came along the Kings and Queens loved it because now they had enough money to hire scapegoats...also known as elected representatives... And wars could be perpetuated beyond the gold limit and peasants without nothing to do could be eliminated...you could order them to form up in opposing lines and they would commint suicide on command...pretty slick eh.

Yes I agree they should be locked out...I think how the Kings and Queens used to do it was running them off the land into poverty and starvation but we are far more civilized now...

Bullshit...nothing has changed in 8000 years of recorded history...except maybe inflated the size of the unproductive servant class...passed what was achieved in ROME...next

They have compactors behind the grocery stores maybe feed them into there...That'll teach those insolent ingrates...

Considering that health insurance now costs over $200 monthly for a young single and north of $1000 monthly for an older couple, they should be thankful that they aren't being asked to pony up more- 20-25% would probably represent a normal contribution level in today's world. And $15/hour for UNSKILLED light-duty labor should be considered highly paid, to say the least. I'll bet those replacement workers are praying they never settle!

As a former employer, I don't share your views on this matter.

Of course you don't share the view...Did I say you did or have to?

The above was the end of my official retort...

My thought's on the poor unfortunate employers inspired by my former employers ...Click here but you will not like it... so don't click here. No it's not reverse psychology...

Dr. Hussman addresses a subject dear to my heart: that fact that reserve requirements were cut to effectively zero in 1994:

in recent decades, investors had come to expect extremely positive stock market returns following two consecutive cuts in the Federal Funds rate ("two tumbles and a jump"). Unfortunately, this experience was based on a world where a significant portion of bank assets were actually subject to reserve requirements, and where the primary feature of economic recessions was temporary weakness in demand. In the early 1990's, however, the Federal Reserve abolished reserve requirements on all bank assets except for checking deposits, which represent a minor source of bank funding. In doing so, the Fed assured its own irrelevance.

No credible constraint

Archived