Photo

The China Bubble

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
274 replies to this topic

#271 Goldmember

Goldmember

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 04:04 AM

Poll in LOB Forum

Where do YOU think Uncle Buck will be in 60 days?

Tell us what YOU really think. :grin:
Anthony caused pearls to be dissolved in wine to drink the health of Cleopatra; Sir Richard Whittington was as foolishly magnificent in an entertainment to King Henry V; and Sir Thomas Gresham drank a diamond, dissolved in wine, to the health of Queen Elizabeth, when she opened the Royal Exchange; but the breakfast of this roguish Dutchman was as splendid as either. He had an advantage, too, over his wasteful predecessors: their gems did not improve the taste or the wholesomeness of their wine, while his tulip was quite delicious with his red herring.here

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 04:32 AM

I don't know how to compare the US to Europe and wouldn't know where to begin.

This is an interesting subject on which little to no work has been done that I’m aware of.

I believe the reason for that is that that the only bodies with the resources to undertake this kind of exercise are in the public sector and there is clearly a reluctance to point the finger at others’ statistical slight of hand lest your own public accounts are subjected to external scrutiny and domestic tricks exposed. Let’s face it, everybody has something to hide.

For this reason I was somewhat shocked to read in passing recently that the US is in the process of setting up a task force to ‘expose’ international statistical trickery related to trade. God, these people are stupid!

Indeed there are several recent BushCo initiatives such as the Yuan currency jaw-boning debacle that in my view amply demonstrate to the international community what a bunch of bumbling, ham-fisted morons the current administration is comprised of.

People in the mainstream are asking themselves whether these people are fools or are they taking the world for fools – it has to be one or the other – and which is worse?

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 05:47 AM

One more chart:

Attached Images

• Deficit_financing.gif

#274 FeedFool

FeedFool

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 06:01 AM

Have we had 5 down waves yet?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Posted Image

#275 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 09:25 AM

Just listened to the interview- top notch, gentlemen!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart