A Shell Game?

All that Quervo has rotted your brain. I haven't read a sentence like that since I lurked the AOL chat rooms. :D

Agreed regarding the Cuervo! I think the last time I put it so bluntly was March only I said "cover" instead of "sell". I'm still going to get out with a nice bit of profit so I'm happy. I'd like to short but, I don't think, in the intermediate term, this run is over. Off to work. See ya all later.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beer Market,

Read that WSJ story about the impending job cuts in the mortgage business, one estimate of up to 150,000 jobs over the next 6 months. With all these new "involuntary entrepreneurs" being created, it MUST be bullish, right? :P

In addition to this news, page A2 contains more "bullish" news such as:

"Health Care Coverage Premiums Rise 13.9%"

(Inflation? What Inflation?)

"US nonfinancial debt rose at a 12% annualized pace during the second quarter, double the 6% rate during the first quarter, and the fastest pace since the 4th quarter of 1986."

Less jobs, more debt, higher rates= bullish?

tanks for the details from the story - yes, I can't wait to see what new innovations all those entrepreneurs bring to my life. :P

Looks like all the bullish talk from the media, etc, has made people willing to go even further into debt - the data agrees with what I see around me.

On another topic, if blackout '03 was good for 4+ points, imagine what this will do for AMSC: :D

American Superconductor Technology To Help CERN Explore the Mysteries of Matter

Yesterday we left off with what looked like the 5 hour cycle headed up and the one day still in a down phase. Certainly looks like a weak open but Doc has warned us that the cycles often get back on track after the initial move.

All commentary and charts for entertainment purposes only. Subject to change without notice. :rolleyes:

post-3-1063199649_thumb.gif

Bond offering ends at 1:00 pm EST....I just can't help but think the Market suddenly decides it's time to buy stocks right then.

Today is the day.

Wednesday before OpEx.

Expect some wild swings.

All those gaming the short side on the open might get Steve McQueened later by one of those famous J-Lo Saucer Bottom U-Turns that morph into the Sawtooth Bone Jam to close at the highs of the day.

On the other hand, shorts might be blown out at the turn 30 minutes after the open, we scream to make new highs and hit everyone's stops, then a spectacular collapse into the close.

Who knows?

I'll be watching the 5-second candles on AMAT for clues.....

Today is the day.

Wednesday before OpEx.

Expect some wild swings.

All those gaming the short side on the open might get Steve McQueened later by one of those famous J-Lo Saucer Bottom U-Turns that morph into the Sawtooth Bone Jam to close at the highs of the day.

On the other hand, shorts might be blown out at the turn 30 minutes after the open, we scream to make new highs and hit everyone's stops, then a spectacular collapse into the close.

Who knows?

Bullitt....Great movie...Mustang GT 350....what was the other car?

Today is the day.

Wednesday before OpEx.

Expect some wild swings.

Who knows?

Push gona come the shove :o

agreed which way? unknowable

I bet my last doolar closer to a top in the s-p than

a bottom :lol:

Archived