Double Shot

Warren's music said it all. I tell people he was one of my all time favourites and I get "Warren Who?"

Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. Now there's a song. I'd be very surprised if artists or groups as diverse as Elvis Costello, Boomtown Rats not to mention the obvious Jackson Browne had not woven some of his magic into their recordings.

Before I came here I used to view the music down the music shoppe starting from Z (Zevon, Zappa, ZZ-Top) and working my way down. No point here as Zevon would be under W, Zappa under F and ZZ not on top. :grin:

I will not miss him because I never knew him and what I know of him, his music lives on. So in a way, from my viewpoint, he's not dead and can never die.

"AH OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH................" :lol:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT Quote ... So well articulated

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of the voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

Ludwig von Mises,

Human Action, A Treatise of Economics,

Yale University Press, 1949

From this Taylor article.. It's a good one that suggests staying with your Gold holdings and that the Fed will put even more efforts at minipulating Gold and its peceptions.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_03/t...ylor082503.html

The BARE wandered up the street tonite to the Dean rally. He cASSt hiz dispASS(_)_)ionate eye (cASSt a COLD eye upon life, upon death...Horseman, pASS(_)_) by!!!" )upon the crowd and thot to hisself:

If these be the souls to rise up in indignation and throw off the yoke that now strangles us, they've not the stuff in 'em.

BARE is a history major. Best SNOT to be a history major.

No FUR breathing legions here. No fierce revolutionaries to be.

A lot of gentle souls, honestly hoping FUR a better future.

SNOT the stuff of societal transFURmation.

At least if The BARE's reading of history is anywhere close to the mark.

Now, a bunch of spoiled, newly disenfranchised and financially ruined Republican Boomer's?

THAT might engender the distemper prerequisite FUR REAL change in the event of TEOTWAWKI.

Any "revolution" a la HT, will, GUESSES this observer, sound/originate in the FUR Right, SNOT the Left.

Facism, anyone? THEY were the ULTIMATE corporatists.

The BARE wandered up the street tonite to the Dean rally. He cASSt hiz dispASS(_)_)ionate eye (cASSt a COLD eye upon life, upon death...Horseman, pASS(_)_) by!!!" )upon the crowd and thot to hisself:

If these be the souls to rise up in indignation and throw off the yoke that now strangles us, they've not the stuff in 'em.

BARE is a history major. Best SNOT to be a history major. One can sleep more easily entertaining naively? optimistic views of his fellow man, when under mASS DURESS, when one is SNOT sew edjikated.

No FUR-breathing legions here. No fierce revolutionaries to be.

At least if The BARE's reading of history is anywhere close to the mark.

A lot of gentle souls, honestly hoping FUR a better future. This is hardly the sort of crowd possessed of angst coupled with the WILL to act that a latter-day Trotsky, say, or Lenin, could induce to mASS indignation.

In a word, SNOT the stuff of societal transFURmation. But THIS is a city whose media is prone to run SAPPY story after absolutely SAPPY laughable (by East Coast standards) story about things like cats caught up trees. Hardly a MIAMI, say, where The BARE hASS resided beFUR, where a woman out FUR an evening jog run down by a car hardly raises an eyebrow...

Now, a bunch of spoiled, newly disenfranchised and financially ruined Republican Boomer's?

THAT might engender the distemper prerequisite FUR REAL change in the event of TEOTWAWKI.

HRFF would laff butt when all these spoiled R's stare at their bleak, self-induced futures there won't be an amusing fASSet to it, now, WILL THERE???

Any "revolution" a la HT, will, GUESSES this observer, sound/originate in the FUR Right, SNOT the Left.

Facism, anyone? THEY were the ULTIMATE corporatists.

Pee Brain,

Argentina might'nt exactly be setting the world on fire..but it isnt exactly sliding into depression...if a country like that can survive the hits its taken the past couple of years i think good old USA might just somehow manage to pull thru as well...

Some of you HT supporters would be well advised to read his very early contributions...very disturbing reading.

see, its just like trading, you dont have to be right or wrong. right or wrong weds you to a position.

i just think if i do the things ive suggested in the past, then ill do well. i see little down side to actions such as reducing personal debt, living below one's means, etc. most of all being patient. to my thinking, there is too much debt, just too much debt. some folks seem to believe that becuase the crap didnt hit the fan yesterday or last week, or last year, then it wont and all is well. poppycock! :o

so its not about if HT is right or wrong - time will tell. its not about alternatives, as was discussed here a while back. its just looking over the landscape and choosing a good/reasonable risk/reward strategy; and then bailing if things dont pan out.

real wealth isnt created by a printing press, nor debt does debt breed prosperity. the margins are being supported by excess credit, and liberal underwriting/lax oversight have lead to over-leverage and complex, inter-related/inter-dependent derivatives system (tilting dominos). once there was thrift and investment, but now consumption is the supposed foundation of our economy, which has lead to borrowing to support over-consumption. the bill gets paid in every walk of life. our bill will come due soon enough. the debtors at all levels lack a margin or safety, which will excellerate the "payment." is that a HT scenario? thats the way i see it, i dont know when, but neither do they :lol:

good night stolligans

This abjuring of thrift, this craven indulgence of our weaker natures in inculcating the culture of debt is banal, it is a disgrace to EVERYTHING the dead beFUR us laid down their lives FUR and hoped FUR OUR futures.

It is a GROTESQUE OBSCENITY. We are about to reap the whirlwind.

Damn this WWII generation that led us into this quagmire, and coaxed the Boomer's into a disgusting obsequiousness.

DAMN them ALL!!! May they BURN in HELL, where they're now going, in ASStounding numbers!!!

We had a great, financially sound nation once. We've SQUANDERED our birthright in the past half century.

It's SO outrageous!

And MY generation has been SUPINE in the face of these inducements! We are a FECKLESS lot, bereft of BACKBONE!

May the youth of this nation somehow save us from ourselves!!!

QUOTE (Icky Twerp @ Aug 24 2003, 10:19 PM)

I am sorry if Fukui San will post no more (or for a while)

Well, if true, I guess that doesn't rank up there with burning protestants at the stake in the 17th century or the current eye for an eye madness going on in the Middle East (must keep perspective). And, on the plus side, it does make the point of the level of intelligence expected on this site.

Bye

Bob

You know, The BARE looked at that emotional OUTBURST and thot, we'll, MAYBE it's a BIT 'over the top'.

Butt(_)_) upon FURther reflection, he really DOES feel that way. Yes, he is biting the hand that fed him. But if the hand DESERVES it, and RICHLY, THEN what?

Anyone got an answer to THAT?

Who's had the GUMPTION to stand UP to this and say ENOUGH?

Who's bothered to DOCUMENT it save Mr. Noland, fellow BOOMERTHATYEWR?

The conceits of the international press, specifically, if you want to know, Ms. "Christiann" AmanPOOR who ASSk's "If SNOT US, then, who?" to the contrary, or, perhaps SNOT, butt more to the POINT:

WHO's calling it out? Noland, in his SPLENDID ISOLATION?

whowhowhowhoWHOOOOOoooo?

What, in GAWD'S name, will HISTORY say?

will NO one ELSE come FURth to express their DISS>>>dain?

ISNOT all this debt accumulation and liquidity injection a distortion of the most egregious proportion?

Who will say "ENUFF ALREADY!!!"???

o tempora!!!! o mores!!!

Pee Brain,

Argentina might'nt exactly be setting the world on fire..but it isnt exactly sliding into depression...if a country like that can survive the hits its taken the past couple of years i think good old USA might just somehow manage to pull thru as well...

Some of you HT supporters would be well advised to read his very early contributions...very disturbing reading.

No, Argentina certainly isn't setting the world on fire....But people who's entire life savings, businesses, and worldly possessions had been wiped out were going into banks that wouldn't give them back their money, dousing themselves with gasoline, and setting themselves on fire.

If over after 4 years of recession in Argentina leading to a devaluation of the Peso and the largest default on foriegn debt in history and a complete flame-out of its financial system is not "sliding into depression", I'd really like to know what your definition is.

You would be well advised to read history and a newspaper....very disturbing reading.

Archived