- - - - -

Greetings From Citicorpse . . .

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
352 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:35 AM

. . . received by yours truly via snail mail last week:

Dear DAVID:

Congratulations! Because of your continued loyalty and excellent payment history, we have increased the credit line on your Sony Platinum Select® Card from Citi® account to $8,250.

You didn't ask for this credit line increase, you earned it. And it's our way of thanking you for being a valued customer.

With your increased buying power, now is the perfect time to go on that family vacation. Furnish your home. Buy those new golf clubs . . .

What about using it to buy more rat and mouse toys? Or maybe even opening a big(ger) rat and mouse sanctuary with it?

Once again is demonstrated the value of the old Zen proverb less is more - it's been more than seven years since I last used the card. :)

#2 Bird D Durr

Bird D Durr

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:48 AM

Glad,

LESS IS MORE.................A great message....................Brings me back to my favorite long forgotten TV program, The Waltons..........................

One phone.....miles aways...............no fax.............no beeper..............no e-mail....................families eating together...............families together...................

A better time...................A better place.................

Happy Trading This Week.........................

#3 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,484 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:01 AM

Stoolies-

I ask that everyone send their prayers to Mousey Dung and family, whose father is gravely ill.

Mousey, our hearts are with you.

Doc

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#4 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,484 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:11 AM

Is Golden Stool Really a Turd?

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW!

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#5 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:18 AM

It's getting tiresome. But "Mister Ten" the T-note and crude oil are both acting up again, after an unwonted spell of better behavior late last week.

Meanwhile Mr. Marke doesn't seem to care. What a bunch of psychos ...
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#6 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:35 AM

Stoolies-

I ask that everyone send their prayers to Mousey Dung and family, whose father is gravely ill.

Doc

Thinking of you, Mousey.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#7 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:43 AM

Gold is getting clocked before my eyes.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#8 BeerMarket

BeerMarket

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:46 AM

Stoolies-

Doc

Mousey,

Wishing the best for you and your family.

#9 Sphinxter

Sphinxter

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:49 AM

Stoolies-

Doc

Thinking of you, Mousey.

Same here.

#10 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:50 AM

Bull market will always shake out the participants, and go up with the least on board.

If you look at a monthly chart of the HUI, you will see a symmetrical pattern, and you should expect a very fast, sharp move to the downside back to the 155-160 breakout area before the index reverses again and blows out to new highs.

Buy all dips.
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#11 Sphinxter

Sphinxter

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:53 AM

Back to the spring pattern of a dollar jam and a gold slam to set the stage for a SM prop.

The depth of this one indicates a higher than usual level of concern among da boyz, is my read on the situation.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:58 AM

IBM Reportedly Laying Off Hundreds
ESSEX JUNCTION, Vt. --
Top computer hardware maker IBM, reeling from a drop-off in business, is laying off hundreds of employees to cut costs, according to media reports Monday.

http://www.heraldtri...8/APF/308180638

#13 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:59 AM

Bull market will always shake out the participants, and go up with the least on board.

If you look at a monthly chart of the HUI, you will see a symmetrical pattern, and you should expect a very fast, sharp move to the downside back to the 155-160 breakout area before the index reverses again and blows out to new highs.

Buy all dips.

Just what I'm waiting for. Thanks. :)

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:04 AM

More on IBM

IBM also said it would require about 3,000 executive and support employees to take one unpaid week of leave during the current quarter.

http://biz.yahoo.com...tech_ibm_1.html

#15 Bird D Durr

Bird D Durr

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:05 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Mousey.......................

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart