Photo

Kopin Tan Blackout

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
334 replies to this topic

#61 Tchaikofsky

Tchaikofsky

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:48 PM

Sinclair says buy calls on gold and puts on treasuries. Leave the shorts alone until Kenny confirms the top. (whoever the hell Kenny is)

Kenny is the unlucky one and dies a different way each episode. He is poor and lives in a run-down shack with his violent and drunken family. He is muffled when he speaks, and it's a good thing considering what he says is usually pretty filthy.

Attached Images

• kenny.JPG

#62 BartTheBear

BartTheBear

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:49 PM

The Short History of the Fabulous Bre-X Minerals

Sounds like a movie called The Prime Gig with Vince Vaughn.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:51 PM

Did the University of Michigan have power? as far as the power failure "barely making the news" that's all they talked about on Crapvision and CNN.

edit: oh you mean the catching of the terrorist - my bad.

I haven't been able to get any of the latest Scott Peterson news. Did notice that the bushman (and a few other folks) learned a new word -- "grid". :lol: :P

#64 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:52 PM

I'm worried about the DOW...

Posted Image

Thats a pretty good base.

Agree. The Dow's far scarier than the Naz.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#65 slinger

slinger

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:52 PM

One can dream...

Attached Images

• Nasdaq_McClellan_Osc___030815_annotated.gif

#66 No Einstein

No Einstein

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:54 PM

Did the University of Michigan have power?  as far as the power failure  "barely making the news" that's all they talked about on Crapvision and CNN.

edit:  oh you mean the catching of the terrorist - my bad.

I haven't been able to get any of the latest Scott Peterson news. Did notice that the bushman (and a few other folks) learned a new word -- "grid". :lol: :P

My son lives in Lansing, U of M was effected by the power outage
Einstein quotes
"In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#67 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:18 PM

SCIENTISTS HAD WARNED OF OVERLOADING BY POWERTRADING RIVERBOATERS

NEW YORK - Scientists and engineers with the National Research Council warned the White House and Congress about the vulnerability of the power grid as recently as November, saying nationwide weaknesses needed to be repaired - and fast.

Little has been done, despite a chorus of experts who've pushed since Sept. 11 to fix a grid that's riddled with threadbare links and plagued by chronic shortages.

"After the persistent stock market rallies since Sept. 11, PowerTrading has overwhelmed the grid" said Paul Gilbert, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, which worked on the report for the National Research Council.

Apparently, rapid fire pointing, clicking, and refreshing by millions of stock, commodity, and futures traders has overpowered the grid capacity.

"Technology should be developed to allow Futures Trading Robots to work automatically to allow Arena Participants to live a normal life and participate the 2nd half hockey stick recovery" the report recommended. The report's authors shared their findings and recommendations with the White House and congressional committees last December, during the end of year Blowoff Top, Gilbert said.

"It's something that's been coming I think for the past 3 years," said Mel Olken, editor-in-chief of IEEE Power & Energy Magazine, which is published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

"Stock market indices are within a hairsbreadth of breaking out to new highs", says Richard Russell, author of the Dow Theory Letters. "Traders are now hyperactive with the refresh button, so as to not miss the breakout day."

In March, the nonprofit group that operates New York State's high-voltage electric transmission system reported that nine out of 10 households had excessive trading volumes, as speculators jumped on the first big rally day by pointing and clicking at a feverish pitch. The undersea cable between Connecticut and Long Island, sat idled by political wrangling until April - was finally turned on by order of the U.S. Department of Energy, said Carol Murphy, spokeswoman for the New York Independent System Operator.

"The stock market is the economy, therefore it is imperative that the grid be modernized to support the trading public," Bush said. "We've got an antiquated system."
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:18 PM

Did the University of Michigan have power?  as far as the power failure  "barely making the news" that's all they talked about on Crapvision and CNN.

edit:  oh you mean the catching of the terrorist - my bad.

My son lives in Lansing, U of M was effected by the power outage

N.E.

I know the power was out at the U of M as of 4:15 yesterday, but consider the following:

To the best of my knowledge, their consumer sentiment survey is only designed to produce a single number from 1 to 100 which acts as a measuring post...just a simple number like 73 or 84 for example.

While I really don't know the mechanics of how these results are derived, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't know exactly what that number was that they were planning to announce this morning - as of 4 p.m. yesterday.

I could certainly be mistaken, but I never heard them say that the numbers were unavailable or yet to be tabulated, all I heard them say was that the results were being delayed until Tuesday. Just sounds damn suspicious to me.

Plunger

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:23 PM

SCIENTISTS HAD WARNED OF OVERLOADING BY POWERTRADING RIVERBOATERS

NEW YORK - Scientists and engineers with the National Research Council warned the White House and Congress about the vulnerability of the power grid as recently as November, saying nationwide weaknesses needed to be repaired - and fast.

Little has been done, despite a chorus of experts who've pushed since Sept. 11 to fix a grid that's riddled with threadbare links and plagued by chronic shortages.

"After the persistent stock market rallies since Sept. 11, PowerTrading has overwhelmed the grid" said Paul Gilbert, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, which worked on the report for the National Research Council.

Apparently, rapid fire pointing, clicking, and refreshing by millions of stock, commodity, and futures traders has overpowered the grid capacity.

"Technology should be developed to allow Futures Trading Robots to work automatically to allow Arena Participants to live a normal life and participate the 2nd half hockey stick recovery" the report recommended. The report's authors shared their findings and recommendations with the White House and congressional committees last December, during the end of year Blowoff Top, Gilbert said.

"It's something that's been coming I think for the past 3 years," said Mel Olken, editor-in-chief of IEEE Power & Energy Magazine, which is published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

"Stock market indices are within a hairsbreadth of breaking out to new highs", says Richard Russell, author of the Dow Theory Letters. "Traders are now hyperactive with the refresh button, so as to not miss the breakout day."

In March, the nonprofit group that operates New York State's high-voltage electric transmission system reported that nine out of 10 households had excessive trading volumes, as speculators jumped on the first big rally day by pointing and clicking at a feverish pitch. The undersea cable between Connecticut and Long Island, sat idled by political wrangling until April - was finally turned on by order of the U.S. Department of Energy, said Carol Murphy, spokeswoman for the New York Independent System Operator.

"The stock market is the economy, therefore it is imperative that the grid be modernized to support the trading public," Bush said. "We've got an antiquated system."

Great one Wndy...

Can we please submit this to Reuters for national distribution?

Plunger

#70 NoBull

NoBull

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:41 PM

wndy:

is your avatar Heidi Klum?

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:42 PM

wndysrf Posted: Aug 15 2003, 07:46 PM

ShittyCorpse Stock Operators stuck with Toll Brothers stock.

Along with the michigander sentiment on Tues. don't forget the building permits and housing starts #'s are on Tues. Will be very interesting since Doc's mogauge #'s have dropped off the chart. I picked up 100 QQQ sept puts today. And am seriously thinking of picking up 10-20 Mar HGX housing index puts on Monday.

#72 Guest_libertas_*

Guest_libertas_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:43 PM

Do those jackasses EVER consider cutting spending?????

No. Bureaucrat perks are sacred.

#73 Old Habits

Old Habits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

[quote name='Metamucil' date='Aug 15 2003, 06:43 PM']I prefer the relative skepticism around CDE and DROOY, for example.....2 of my other miners, awaiting the probable explosion out of the XAU's inverted head and shoulder launch pad.[/quote]
[QUOTE]

I agree with you completely Meta. DROOY has been coiling for a blastoff for quite some time, CDE as well. I've been adding to DROOY since $2.25 and will keep adding on the way up. I clearly don't have enough CDE. WHT has been makin' me nervous lately. Just a feeling. I would appreciate your thoughts.
BGO is still in the early stages and has plenty of room to run. IMHO. :o

#74 Old Habits

Old Habits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:08 PM

Anyone think the additional property taxes in my POS state will lead to a little INFLATION?
Inflation in the worlds 5th largest economy shouldn't be too bad for gold prices. :D

#75 Old Habits

Old Habits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:13 PM

[quote name='BudFox' date='Aug 15 2003, 06:22 PM']My plate is so full following indexes and miners....

is there an energy sector ETF or another way I can trade a group of these up and coming energy supermodels, besides funds that is?[/quote]
[QUOTE]

Ditto, I asked my broker to see if there was an ETF that mirrored the XNG. Hope to have something on Monday.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart