Kopin Tan Blackout

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey Results Postponed Until Tuesday... Because they SUCK!

How amazing was that? Greenie picks up the Batphone and asks if the survey results are bad...and they say, "Yeah, they're real bad"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Maybe they're somewhat, eventually, a little bit, almost correlated with these numbers:

Views On Economy Worsen

(CBS) Americans are getting more pessimistic about the economy ? 60 percent say it's bad, the highest number recorded in a CBS News poll in ten years ? and a majority disapproves of the way President Bush is handling it.

Also, My IBD from yesterday confirmed one of the largest drops in consuder sentiment in recent history.

Further, and to pile on (which is a favorite activity of mine), a local astrologer who has been a phenominal resource to me over the past couple of years (OK, I've been twice but both times it was pretty spot on), stated that the chart for the US points irrevocably to the US population coming to the realization that we are actually in a depression, not a recession.

Even the local paper has noted that while only 6.2% are unemployed, the people who are unemployed now have a longer latency between jobs than at any point, even during the depression!

Hmmmmmm. I wonder when they'll all catch on?

Best,

S

The day I moved into my house in California, my next door neighbor came over and told me he was paying $600 a year in property taxes. I was paying $6000. What's more, the property taxes go up 2% a year ($120 for me, $12 for him).

There's no way that's going to change. There are too many old people (my neighbor's 85) who would be kicked out on the street (with their $900,000 going away present) if they changed the rules. Plus, as soon as all that supply hit the market, the price of housing would collapse. Guess how popular that would make the people who caused that. And, the counties would all have to hire 400 assessors at $80,000 a year.

In any case, the property tax doesn't matter. The fact that I had a $500 a month tax bill probably took $30,000 off the price of my house (assuming house prices are set by affordability, the people I bid against for the house couldn't borrow 100 times $300, approximately, to bid against me). Five years later, I only have about the 12th most expensive house on the block. So, now. I'm probably paying pretty close to the property tax I'd be paying anyway if rates were fair and I got $30,000 off the price of the house - which I'll have to give back when I sell it. Ironically, the big losers are the people who passed Prop 13 because they never got a discount on their houses.

Bob

Capstone Turbine hit an all time high of $98 in the summer of 2001, at the same time Enron hit its peak.

I don't know why the guy wants $2.12, unless he was one of those who bought at $98.

:lol:

I worked very close to the Capstone Turbine couple years ago. Basically, it is a turbine rotated by burning gas. a permanent magnetic motor is mounted to the turbine. Through the exicting of the magnetic flux, this system generates AC power. It is a highly engineering crafted design, while its commercial value is always "application dependent".

In stock market, one may not care what is ball bonder for, as long as there is $ to be made, so, KLIC (bonder bonder Co.) stock price can go as high as $9 regardless the underlined deep red book. Same "logic" applies to CPST.

Sorry to hear about the electric power grid difficulties in N.A.

BGO might be fun for a "boner run", but I'll keep in mind the possibility of "bukkake"-style premature extrapolation:

"This latest drilling only confirms our belief that this is one of the most exciting discoveries to hit the global gold stage since the remarkable Bre-X discovery in Indonesia," gushed Brian Christie at Canaccord in Toronto. "This latest drilling looks like it supports at least 5 million ounces of resource, and further work will likely advance the project towards 7 million to 10 million ounces. Once the salting is complete, we should be able to report over 100 million ounces"

The Short History of the Fabulous Bre-X Minerals

Sorry to hear about the electric power grid difficulties in N.A.

BGO might be fun for a "boner run", but I'll keep in mind the possibility of premature extrapolation:

"This latest drilling only confirms our belief that this is one of the most exciting discoveries to hit the global gold stage since the remarkable Bre-X discovery in Indonesia," gushed Brian Christie at Canaccord in Toronto. "This latest drilling looks like it supports at least 5 million ounces of resource, and further work will likely advance the project towards 7 million to 10 million ounces. Once the salting is complete, we should be able to report over 100 million ounces"

The Short History of the Fabulous Bre-X Minerals

Not sure I like all the bullishness about BGO, one of my largest long positions.

I prefer the relative skepticism around CDE and DROOY, for example.....2 of my other miners, awaiting the probable explosion out of the XAU's inverted head and shoulder launch pad.

chart.asp?symb=cde&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=21&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=268435456&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=1275&style=350&time=13&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=1991&mocktick=1

chart.asp?symb=drooy&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=21&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=268435456&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=1675&style=350&time=13&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=2142&mocktick=1

xauaug12G.GIF

ShittyCorpse Stock Operators stuck with Toll Brothers stock.

Bagholders who were stuffed with these shares jammed on them by Citibrokers demanded that Citi repurchase the shares after the retail sales reports came out.

I guess Citi will be holding an Inventory Clearance Sale to start soon.

My vote is to boycott the purchase of any TOL stock, so Citi will have to eat it.

http://www.nypost.com/business/38934.htm

Archived