- - - - -

Stool Happens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
199 replies to this topic

#31 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:39 AM

That's a fit with the qay I see the completion of this 10-13 week cycle and the next one. Down into January. Up then down to new lows March-April.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#32 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:42 AM

SG, tanks. That answers my nagging question. I'll wait til the technical cracks are evident under assumption that they will appear during the first wave down (#1 during Dec) confirming the rally over and top in place. I'll short this mother on the wave #2 bounce (Christmas rally?) with glee! Besides, my VV shorting strategy list has been shrinking day by day since Oct 9 so it makes sense to wait until it starts expanding again. It speaks for itself, why fight it.

Still tempted to do a bear fund next week though.

The picture is becoming clearer - finally!

#33 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:42 AM

UAL not having a good day.

#34 Fartpolio Manager

Fartpolio Manager

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:47 AM

Re: INTC - this recent move in the stock along with ATML and AMD can be attributed to Intel's intention to raise memory prices in January on Flash Memory...

The problem with getting bullish on that note, is that unlike Microprocessors, Intel holds no protected Intellectual Property, there's a ton of other vendors who will go along for a short ride on this price increase, but look for cannabalism by the end of Q1...

Takes the anal cysts a little while to figure it out, since most of them are still teething, but the old boys, Like Jonathan Joseph, already smell a rat...

#35 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

I asked myself if this run in the SMs is not the precursor to a lower dollar. I haven't answered myself yet.

#36 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,487 posts

I have never promised...

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#37 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:49 AM

OK Doc, where do you get the Churchhill quotes?

#38 Stutz

Stutz

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:50 AM

Maggot mouth munches long QQQs as a hedge. Even after a thurough pommeling short, I hate being long, but I hate getting whacked again worse.

#39 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:51 AM

Chicago, Nov. 29 (Bloomberg) -- United Airlines may not reach a new agreement with its mechanics in time to avoid bankruptcy after previous concessions were voted down, anal cysts said.

#40 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:51 AM

One thing I remember vividly a few issues back is that Prechter said that a prerequisite before the massive wave 3 selloff is that everyone has to be on board and FULLY comitted to equities. Aureleus, it appears we are witnessing that right now. Many sentiment measures say so.
He also said that if we rally back to the H&S neckline like we are doing now (and he expected) it would provide an excellent opportunity to go heavily short. Well, here we are now or soon.

#41 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:52 AM

A few facts of a bear market

1. Even in nasty bear markets, 20% of stocks are moving up at any time.

2. A different sector always leads each decade.

3. 70's , consumer, oil stocks; 80's Drug stocks, 90's tech stocks, 00'???? I think energy alternative and biotech stocks, natural resource, gold stocks.

New bull markets in certain sectors usually begin during secular and or ST bear markets... while everyone is snoozing.

An interesting chart... glean from it what you will... but generally... always own the LEADER in the sector... not the laggard...

Attached Images

• hygs.gif

#42 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:53 AM

beyond the ken

#43 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:55 AM

Sure did prefer the QQQ below its 200 dma.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#44 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:57 AM

BEARX is worth a look at these levels. Me tinks Tice is starting to short the real estate sector now.

#45 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:57 AM

NDX at 1130, a push to 1250 is not out of the question before topping...

thats a good 10% up from here kids... just be open minded even if a bear...

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart