- - - - -

Desperate Measures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
280 replies to this topic

#241 PDoody

PDoody

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:16 PM

My only regret is not being short enough. Where do we go from here? Hard to imagine straight down to 965( and then some) so that's probably the way it will be. I'm counting on more spikes to short into though.

#242 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:18 PM

My only regret is not being short enough. Where do we go from here? Hard to imagine straight down to 965( and then some) so that's probably the way it will be. I'm counting on more spikes to short into though.

yep The bulls are also looking for outs

Bad time of year to start looking Imo

#243 coboy

coboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

Classic Raschke pattern, three dives with MACD divergence.. Bounce expected.. Would shock me though with this downside momentum..

Attached Images

• diver.gif

#244 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

closed XAU calls, now straddled atm XAU JUL CALL, XAU AUG PUT. Think we go back down below 74, esp if we sell-ff. Flat everything else.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:21 PM

SNDK still going up...too afraid to short that one...

#246 coboy

coboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:21 PM

This was posted weeks ago ... shouldn't be news to anyone following the 'Stool.

It's not news to anyone.. We all agreed it's a long term timing vehicle, in the short term not very useful..

#247 Guest_bullseatshitndie_*

Guest_bullseatshitndie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:23 PM

Classic Raschke pattern, three dives with MACD divergence.. Bounce expected.. Would shock me though with this downside momentum..

i'd agree. based on id charts, we should get a bounce beginning now. just another one to sell into.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:24 PM

just shorted 200 SNDK @ 54.25. Has a low p/c ratio of .71 as of yesterday. Tight stop loss at 57.25.

#249 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:25 PM

Greg, for sycrhronous setups, dead charts works just fine. There have been four or five of these short setups on the way up from the bottom. Easy money every time so fur. I've posted most of 'em as I saw 'em. See MTM last night for latest.

This setup finally has the potential to be more than a couple of day affair because the daily is finally getting in on the action. Now we just need the weekly to rollover.

Do you use their homecooked 21-14 setting, Doc's 26-18, or the 10-5?

Personally, I have never been able to make much dough with Sto's. I leave that to the good Doctor. For a sychronous setup, I just use a tried and true MACD with divergences across multiple time frames. It also helps to have extended MA configurations like we do now.

My work is based pretty much on MACD and moving averages with some ADX thrown in. Nice and simple. Neither works particularly well by themselves, but when used together, the picture usually becomes a lot clearer.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Coboy, are you saying that a bounce will surprise you? I'm a little confused by your post... :rolleyes:

#251 crooked_analyst

crooked_analyst

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

i'd agree. based on id charts, we should get a bounce beginning now. just another one to sell into.

They'll park us at 9050 on the DOW and 984.++ on the Spooey

#252 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:28 PM

Crapvision idiot quote of the day "We've seen more speculation ... and that's great!"

i heard that too, the wanna-be playboy form the NYSE floor said that, what an idiot, how can someone say "speculation is good"? Crazy.

But i found that Malpass guy from that bank better "we are out of recession since novemebr 2001" oh yeahhh!!!! :lol: And why did the market crash in 2002?
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#253 Tchaikofsky

Tchaikofsky

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:30 PM

Tornado Torpedoes Th' General

GM Earns Fall, Incentives, Tornado Blamed
Thu July 17, 2003 01:42 PM ET
By Michael Ellis
DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp., the world's largest automaker, on Thursday said second-quarter earnings plunged 30 percent due to the rising cost of consumer incentives and the shutdown of a key plant hit by a tornado.

The results were much better than expected, and GM said it was now more optimistic about the earnings outlook for the full year, but Wall Street was not impressed. GM shares were little changed.

anal cysts said the company boosted its earnings by cutting back on the reserves it holds for warranty costs by an after-tax $199 million, or 36 cents per share.

"It certainly lowers the quality of earnings," said Bill Turner, an equity anal cyst with Bank One Investment Advisors, which currently holds no GM shares in its domestic mutual funds.

GM said improved vehicle quality made the change in warranty reserves possible.

Second-quarter net earnings fell to $901 million, or $1.58 per share, from $1.3 billion, or $2.43 per share, a year earlier. anal cysts' average earnings estimate was $1.19 per share, according to Reuters Research, a unit of Reuters Group Plc.

The company's automotive operations earned just $140 million in the quarter, down from $1.07 billion a year earlier, and would have lost money if not for the change in warranty reserves, anal cysts said.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:31 PM

CHRB, run baby so I could get out... :grin:

#255 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:31 PM

Greg, for sycrhronous setups, dead charts works just fine. There have been four or five of these short setups on the way up from the bottom. Easy money every time so fur. I've posted most of 'em as I saw 'em. See MTM last night for latest.

This setup finally has the potential to be more than a couple of day affair because the daily is finally getting in on the action. Now we just need the weekly to rollover.

Do you use their homecooked 21-14 setting, Doc's 26-18, or the 10-5?

Personally, I have never been able to make much dough with Sto's. I leave that to the good Doctor. For a sychronous setup, I just use a tried and true MACD with divergences across multiple time frames. It also helps to have extended MA configurations like we do now.

My work is based pretty much on MACD and moving averages with some ADX thrown in. Nice and simple. Neither works particularly well by themselves, but when used together, the picture usually becomes a lot clearer.

Thanks, KW. Very much appreciated. Best to Miss MP.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart