Mark 2 Market Weak End

I don't know how many of you have read PB's link to the Dallas Fed-but you should! By the very FACT this crap is posted on a FED website indicates we are not near the cliff but OVER it! What they are saying is " SPEND IT OR LOSE IT" PB's comment rings true doesn't it! Trade Safe!

B4,

thanks for the referring others, your opinion carries a lot of weight.

BTW, its not just posted there, one of the guys that wrote it ( koening) i think is like vice governor.

just how bad does it have to be, or anticipated to get, to be floating those types of remedies.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple chart for deaf eyes, deaf ears, and deaf minds, as Realist put it, realistically...

....given the doubters the bear camp seems to contain.

Dow chart:

.....cmap projection close enough, where two mathematically derived moving averages cross would mark the half-way point of the move....

.....as far as green fucutures go tonight, they are only of a fucuture nature, if one disregards the rising 3-day cycle, within the context of a descending 8 and 13-day cycle....and if one read my earlier post where $SPX would be a sell-athon between 1002-1005....then green fucutures are nothing more than a gift....to sell into....don't miss it!

....as far as continued silliness by the bull camp.....fugedaboudit...

.....note the green ma is not even a threat to cross the magenta ma....therefore, hasta la vista silly bullies......

.....remember, there's more to the Anals than an awesome FEED analysis....psst...it's the cmaps, follow the cmaps.....follow the cmaps....follow the cmaps....

post-7-1058153282.png

re attitudes of labor in IND

HRFF comes FURom the Upper Ohio River Valley. His mother's family was in big steel.

His father represented many of the local corporations. He's plugged in to the circle that runs things and they ran it (with the energetic assistance of their union employees) straight into the ground. They AND labor. The mentality of confrontation has always appalled him - still does. Instead of cooperating, they fought AND fought AND fought some more. Instead of innovating and modernizing they clipped coupons and siphoned off profits. The Europeans and the Japs were modernizing furiously under their schnozzola's but they might as well have had blindfolds on. Then FUReign competition ate their lunch. The unions were so damned greedy, it was ridiculous. Then recession kicked them ALL in the ass and they made SOME adjustments, butt too little, too late - witness the HOWLING (successful) FUR trade tariffs FUR steel, just and, from a LEGAL perspective in terms of interpreation of WTO provions, almost certainly rightly repudiated as illegal under the WTO paradigm.

HRFF can just imagine the caterwauling in the local papers about THAT. Americans are, belatedly, waking up to the horrendous implications of a free trade/WTO regime IF it goes against THEM, which, of course, THEY never REALLY thought would happen, or, if it did, they could, as in the case of steel tariffs, somehow, miraculously, micromanage to their advantage and to HELL with the WTO. Theory and reality often don't mesh very well, wot? Last time HRFF wuz home Wierton steel was hoping FUR some mASSive subsidy FURom the govt (federal, he thinx) FUR an arc furnace they probably should have invested in MUCH sooner. Are we Yanks learning lessons that this brave NEW WORLD dissORDER is bringing into our back yards, with increasing frequency and harshness? Not too well.

Innovation? The last generation in the area to do that were in their prime beFUR WWI. Everyone else has been coasting, since. Seattle reminds HRFF of his home area circa 1960. Storm clouds gathering on the horizon but still prosperous as all get out and not really sensing any mounting danger from gathering trends, still smug in its affluence. The people up the river in Pittsburgh got the message and responded with much success, but even they are in trouble. There are precious few young people to support an aging populace. The young'unz think their FURtunes lie elsewhere and are leaving the area in droves.

Cry, The Beloved Country

State Unemployment Fund is Running Out of Money

If you work, your employer pays into a state fund that covers the cost of unemployment benefits in case you lose your job. Now that fund is running out of money at a time when businesses are being asked to pay more.

http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull.asp?id=4844

Sure with the sheeple won't start paying attention :(

Remember, nobody is stupid enough to have a running of the bears.

Jorma

ROFLMAZZOFF

We could start by having the Government mandate that we all ride bicycles

uh, think again.

Today HRFF got hisself down to the funky counterKULTURE musical joint on the corner FUR some brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRUNCH and looked FUR the FURst time at one of the many freebie magz available. One pertained to the jazz scene (Winton Marsalis has shown up next door and Heart, inter alia, plays (rarely) at the joint HRFF was frequenting. Some well known jazz bASS player in Seattle just got KILLED riding his bike to wurk. Smacked by a truck.

Good way to shorten your life expectency or stay in one piece in THIS country, anyhoo.

Until Americans throw over their automobiles, thatiz.

HELL will FUReeze over FURst beFUR THAT happens, if the penchant FUR Seattlites for materialistic Thorstein Veblen conspicuous consumption, Bertie Wooster ONE UPsmanship typez who buy the fanciest vehicles you've ever clapped a pair of eyeballz on in amazing nos. are any indicia.

The people up the river in Pittsburgh got the message and responded with much success, but even they are in trouble. There are precious few young people to support an aging populace. The young'unz think their FURtunes lie elsewhere and are leaving the area in droves.

Yup. I'm one of them few yungunz that managed to find good employment in the Burgh. Most of my childhood mates however, did not and are long gone. :(

I'm hoping for some good deals on real estate in the years to come though B)

Simple chart for deaf eyes, deaf ears, and deaf minds, as Realist put it, realistically...

....given the doubters the bear camp seems to contain.

Dow chart:

.....cmap projection close enough, where two mathematically derived moving averages cross would mark the half-way point of the move....

.....as far as green fucutures go tonight, they are only of a fucuture nature, if one disregards the rising 3-day cycle, within the context of a descending 8 and 13-day cycle....and if one read my earlier post where $SPX would be a sell-athon between 1002-1005....then green fucutures are nothing more than a gift....to sell into....don't miss it!

....as far as continued silliness by the bull camp.....fugedaboudit...

.....note the green ma is not even a threat to cross the magenta ma....therefore, hasta la vista silly bullies......

.....remember, there's more to the Anals than an awesome FEED analysis....psst...it's the cmaps, follow the cmaps.....follow the cmaps....follow the cmaps....

Don't forget that the boyz are heavily short and added more contracts last week. The hopers can hope all they want, but the fact that the big boyz are heavily short and that insiders have been selling like crazy indicates that the market is toast imo. If you are not short this may be the last opportunity before the thing flushes down the ol turlit

Roger that. Greenspan's Humphrey Hawkins will be re-named HumptyDumpty He-Haw. There is no way his rose will bloom again; he will be shown for the dour octogenarian he is. The crooks with the tables and water glasses, as well as the viewing millions, will finally see this sham for what it is: a hail-Mary pass to save the American Way.

slightly dated, but a MUST read... particularly check out the savings carry tax to solved zero bound. this our government. roger arnold's sunday show is now archived. 1% a month - gun sales will skyrocket!

http://www.dallasfed.org/htm/research/hot/bd0503.html

Not one mention of the maxout effect... spending is not the problem... borrowing is...

once the system reaches maximum potential that's it. it does not matter what you do... the only way for money, which is debt, to exist to be spent is for it to be created by consumers by borrowing... Even money borrowed at 0% has to be paid back. once a consumers disposable income approches the point that debt servicing consumes above 50% of it the consumer can't borrow enough to keep debt inflation going.

The more a consumer borrows the harder it is for them to keep up with the price inflation until it becomes impossible...maxout

Again the basic mechanics of the system...

Step 1 inflate and/or hyperinflate debt and destroy savings...

You accomplish this by systematically lowering interest rates and reducing or removing barriers to consumer borrowing...

Once the maximum potential is approached or reached self sustaining inflationary consumer debt creation becomes impossible... which leads to...

Step 2 debt deflation and the destruction of equity...

If there is no or not enough debt inflation then interest payments due on previously created debt can only be paid from existing debt in circulation or by the selling of collateral/equity as this process grows exponentially it quickens and finishes off in a hyperdeflationary implosion of debt... which leads to...

Step 3 Bankruptcy of the banks and collapse of the economy...

We visited step 2 at the end of 2002 but all the cuts and actions to date have pulled us back into step 1...

If rates don't significantly drop soon, especially mortgage rates the current basis point induced consumer debt explosion will subside and visible debt deflation will begin and quickly become unstopable... It has only been slowed to this point and it took a chop of 500 basis points to get us here... there are 100 left...

what a thread!...no offense but ...test of top, pull back then ramp to tell your grandkids about..back in ought three early summer i think it was, after the winter i had to walk through 10 miles of snow to school, there was a triangle formation beginning and....get higher baby

At bridge benefit in 97 David Bowie comes out for his accoustic set and half way into it rips this haunting China Girl that to this day gives me shivers. Unfortunatly he was followed by billy idol...ouch

:grin: :blink: :ph34r: :shocked

Bare,

Re your steel story:

I was never madder than on a day in August in 1973, standing at the east end of Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, viewing stacks of oil pipe as far as one could see. The pipe was awaiting resolution of the Alaska Pipeline environmental debate. US oil companies had all told us how wonderful the pipeline would be for the USA. But, every piece of that pipe was plainly stamped Nippon Steel. I never saw that reported anywhere in our press. It was at a time when, as you write, big steel was headed straight into the ground.

The people up the river in Pittsburgh got the message and responded with much success, but even they are in trouble. There are precious few young people to support an aging populace. The young'unz think their FURtunes lie elsewhere and are leaving the area in droves.

Yup. I'm one of them few yungunz that managed to find good employment in the Burgh. Most of my childhood mates however, did not and are long gone. :(

I'm hoping for some good deals on real estate in the years to come though B)

Bare................MJ.....................

I'm one of the youth in Pittsburgh........................educated...............and just dying to get out....................

Pittsburgh............

- Worst for being Single.........

- One of the Worst Tax bases around..................

- No growth.....................

- The second eldest county in the US...............primarily poor elderly................the rich live in FL...............or AZ.............

Baaaa...............Baaaaaaaaaaa...............BOOM...............................

If your lucky with employment here...................all appears well............................

But if you're starting out....................FuggadaBoutIt.........................best to look and go elsewhere................

The sunny Southwest raises my ire............................

Is the grass greener?.................Who knows?

Can it be less green than Pittsburgh, PA?...................Not a shot in hell..................

Things are tight everywhere...................Growth is almost non-existent.......................

But if any good ever appears in the economy.................PA will be 48th to 50th in line to receive it..............

- Vegas Bird.................

Archived