Photo
- - - - -

Bear Zone Stool Number 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 07:50 AM

Welcome Fellow Bears and Stoolies!

Deepest Tanks to Thorass for the suggestion and for the support of numerous Stoolies who are still, like Doc, true believers in the Bear case. This forum is for you! It is both a reward for your loyalty, and a haven from abuse. I and other moderators will protct this forum zealously! This forum is limited to discussion of the bear case. Moderators will delete boollish arguments or expressions of sentiment. I hereby instruct all moderators to shoot first, kill the intruder, dispose of the body, ask and answer no questions. :lol:

This thread will be for intraday market issues, a parallel thread to IDS. After the close one of the moderators, or I, will open an after market alternative to Mark to Market. Those who are neutral swingers, bool, bi and AC/DC should continue to feel free to post in those forums as always, without fear of ridicule or retribution. I am firmly convinced that segregating the Bool from the Bear will work for the greater happiness of all. There's been way too much acrimony on the boards of late. Iw ant it to stop.

So, true Stool believers, take it away. As always, many tanks for your support!

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:18 AM

Your Golden Stool is now posted. Please use the link in the left column menu.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#3 ThorAss

ThorAss

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:18 AM

ThorAss here. And welcome ye bear. Once again I'd ask everyone to post your PMS stuff and the like over on Stool's Gold. They're very friendly and it would be really good to get all the great (and not so great) PMS ideas in one place. They're also natgas and such friendly.

Anyway, my short scan blew out to 6 pages, over 50 issues and includes the likes of AMZN, ASKJ, DRIV, and YHOO. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding shorts.
I have many opinions; but I strive not to act on them.

#4 Mies van der Rump

Mies van der Rump

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:19 AM

Sweet new digs here...let me be the first to christen it:

FRAAAAAAAAAAAP, pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Ahhhh, I love Cuban food.

:lol:

#5 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:34 AM

This probably won't have much effect on the market today, but the derivitive pyramid shows that it is great for both creating and hiding losses.

Enron creditors have lost about $55 billion.

Enron's Creditors to Get Peanuts

Enron Corp.'s bankruptcy, perhaps the most celebrated corporate flameout in recent years, is also likely to be one of the costliest for creditors.

A reorganization plan expected to be filed Friday calls for most creditors, who are owed an estimated $67 billion, to be paid between 14.4 cents and 18.3 cents on the dollar. That's far below the average corporate bankruptcy recovery and about half of the targeted return for most creditors of WorldCom Inc., the only bankruptcy bigger than Enron's.

#6 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:35 AM

As some know , I had it out with coboy on the m2m thread last night. I am done with m2m. I embarr-ass myself when I post there. My sincere apologies to all who viewed the display. Have a great few days.
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#7 Tchaikofsky

Tchaikofsky

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:36 AM

Producer Price Indexes -- June 2003

The Producer Price Index for Finished Goods advanced 0.5 percent in June, seasonally adjusted, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. This index decreased 0.3 percent in May and 1.9 percent in April. At the earlier stages of processing, prices received by manufacturers of intermediate goods rose 0.5 percent, compared with a 0.8-percent decline in the preceding month. The index for crude materials jumped 4.5 percent in June, after increasing at a 1.7-percent rate a month earlier

#8 Bearbones

Bearbones

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:45 AM

The PPI is more evidence of a margin squeeze on business. Their costs are rising but the prices they can charge are not.

#9 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:48 AM

here's something I hope you will enjoy! Stooltrading is open to everyone for the next hour. Click Here In the log in window, enter the

user name stool
and the password sample

Have a look around, then sign up for a one week trial (or longer)! Click Here

#10 Bearbones

Bearbones

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:54 AM

Evidence that the economy is dependent on further declines in interest rates continues to mount.
Believe it or not, the economy is beginning to show the strain of a long bond at a 4.7% level. The refi index has dropped like a stone as have mortgage applications.

#11 ThorAss

ThorAss

• Moderators
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:06 AM

yO eND,

Someone suggested you'd make a good moderator for this forum. Think about it.

PS: It wasn't coboy. :lol:

#12 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:10 AM

As Bearbones said! See the Current MoGauge and Fed Turdsday Releases

#13 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:15 AM

I agree. TE or Bearman, some blue blooded bear-assed royalty.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#14 ThorAss

ThorAss

• Moderators
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:23 AM

Here's my 5 short picks for the day.

BOBL
FTS
PLCE
USG
V

#15 crooked_analyst

crooked_analyst

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:27 AM

Here's my 5 short picks for the day.

BOBL
FTS
PLCE
USG
V

Thor,

How'd the picks from yesterday fare, I forgot to watch them.

TIA

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart