- - - - -

Red Underwear

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
303 replies to this topic

#16 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,444 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:46 AM

I will be able to offer a discount of $25/ month for 4 months. Hope I have the links today. WIll make BEEEG announcement with lots of farting noises to celebrate the occasion.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#17 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:47 AM

Kitco's feeds have gone crazy. Link to metals prices in Europa.

http://www.thebullio...t.asp?load=true

#18 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:51 AM

Can't find that 441K unemployment number anywhere, and it looks like the market can't either.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#19 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:52 AM

I will be able to offer a discount of $25/ month for 4 months. Hope I have the links today. WIll make BEEEG announcement with lots of farting noises to celebrate the occasion.

very cool doc! B)
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#20 Guest_The CoinGuy_*

Guest_The CoinGuy_*
  • Guests

No Sweat Doc,

Thought Uncle Buck was to sick this morning to stay on the chart myself. Kept dropping off the bottom :P . Being the CoinGuy, I don't mind staring at hooey all day long, problem is I'm not usually seeing double this early in the morning...

good trading to all,

The CoinGuy

#21 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Spin Doctors at work -

8:30am 12/12/02
Jobless claims jump; four-week avg below 400K By Rachel Koning
Just as most economists were expecting, the weekly jobless claims number rose significantly in the latest week, the first increase in three weeks. The closely watched four-week moving average also rose, although remained below the key 400,000 mark. For the week ended last Saturday, first-time requests for unemployment insurance benefits rose 83,000 to 441,000, a return to April layoff levels. The four-week moving average rose by 10,000 to 387,250. Economists expected an increase, believing that seasonal allowances for the Thanksgiving holiday skewed the data in the opposite direction in the previous week.

#22 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:54 AM

Can't find that 441K unemployment number anywhere, and it looks like the market can't either.

which number do you have fokker? I have the 441k too, as yosh.
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:54 AM

http://www.briefing..../fs_markcal.htm

#24 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:56 AM

Dec 12 2002 08:42 AM

Fed Accepts $7 billion 28-Day RPs
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#25 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:58 AM

More spin -

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) - Stock futures turned positive Thursday as better-than-expected retail sales for November showed that consumers are continuing to fuel the economic

Note current account numbers -

http://www.briefing..../fs_markcal.htm

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:59 AM

What the heck is that Kitco gold chart saying? Anyone have a current quote on gold?

#27 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 10:00 AM

Tanks, all. So it looks like a good ole fashioned jam job.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#28 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 10:00 AM

SG chimes in

See what happens when I dont stick with my patterns?

NDX looks like it will fill that 1065 gap I've only yapped about for 2 1/2 days now.... but I entered last night close anyways since I use Rydex Funds.

Problem with Rydex, I only have 1030am or 4pm to enter or exit a trade on the indexes... so I entered last night, realizing we may fill my gap up...

That said... doesnt matter... the gap DOWN to 975 on the NDX will be filled shortly, the sooner we hit 1065, the sooner the next leg down starts.

Timing is everything as they say...

Finally.... Interesting how on Crapvision, now they discuss "seasonality" of jobless claims when they are bad numbers... but when they are good numbers, they dont bring Seasonality up at all...hmmmmmmm

Also, .5% increase in retail sales is GOOD?????????hmmmmm , not really.

Also, Sprint upping EPS a tad, but cutting revenue forecasts and capex, laying off more peeps... thats good??? hmmmmmmm

Ultimately, the market will discount the Tech stocks come q1 when all this cockamamey q4 mild uptick is over in spending. In addition, you can only cut costs for so long to juice earnings... at some point you need profit margin expansion and revenue expansion at same time... and that aint happening in03

So... I remain bearish the QQQ index, with a 26.30 target for gap fill....

Followed by a move towards 24.50.... good day to enter shorts.

#29 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 10:02 AM

gold chart on page 1

#30 longOnUranus

longOnUranus

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 10:02 AM

They fingered the equity/options shorts yesterday, now they got the futures guys today. What's next? Currency turnaround. Bet they talk it up big-time in the next few days. Also think gold will head south for a bit, but it may touch 330 before it does so.

Seems like a repeating pattern, pronounced bearish sentiment gets deep enough, turns around on a dime by a positive report. Its almost like it was planned that way. Duh....

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart