- - - - -

And The Music Played On

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
219 replies to this topic

#31 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:21 AM

Bont, I got your reply on the ratio chart. I'll get back to you on later.

Doc, you sure gave me a big head! And where did you get that Churchhill speach from - got a link?

#32 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:26 AM

Pre Market Update posted daily at 9:15 NY time.

28 day repos always roll on Thursday. Market closed Thrusday, so they did it today. They have been upping the 28 days by 2-3 billion on the last two series. The bad news is that there was no 28 day repos this week in October. They skipped it. So this is pure juice.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#33 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:29 AM

Pre Market Update posted daily at 9:15 NY time.

28 day repos always roll on Thursday. Market closed Thrusday, so they did it today. They have been upping the 28 days by 2-3 billion on the last two series. The bad news is that there was no 28 day repos this week in October. They skipped it. So this is pure juice.

Tanks, Doc.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#34 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:29 AM

On the other hand we have to see what they do with the short term paper. If they don't roll it over, this would be a drain.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#35 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:34 AM

Isn't there a 2-year note sale coming up?

#36 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:35 AM

Well put, Doc. The yack, I mean.

Still 9B left to cover.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#37 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:36 AM

TRINQ .17. Pure hysteria.

#38 anoscope

anoscope

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:37 AM

The recent market move has been all based on momentum and HOPING.

Perhaps I should just defer to AL. My opinion is next 4 months are going to get quite ugly for Bulls...

Sg, you need your own avatar!

My first 'entry' :)

Attached Images

• simpleguy1.gif

#39 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:42 AM

consumer sentiment at 9:45
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#40 seamus

seamus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:45 AM

$7b in 5d repos. Also 2 year auction today for $27b

#41 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:47 AM

Still twidling and tapping my foot...ho hum. ;)

#42 Sam Adams

Sam Adams

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:48 AM

Anybody know what is happening with Harmony? No trading data available on Schwab. Are they being bought out?

#43 torah man

torah man

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:48 AM

The Lubavitcher Rebbe once said when asked about Thanksgiving, whenever many people on the same day all get together to thank G-d for the blessings and bounty that they have, it is a Good Holiday. (not an exact quote)

Everyone should have a great holiday weekend. Smile at the people you see, they probably need it.

from trendfund.com:
Bond Markets closing at 2 pm Wednesday
Markets Closed for Thanksgiving Thursday
Nymex Closed Friday
Market closes 1 pm Friday
Bond Markets Close 2 pm Friday

#44 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:49 AM

Ooh- the 2 year auction. I missed that. Could explain the giant Feed. Have to check how much of that is new $. I'll look it up, but if anyone knows, please post.

#45 seamus

seamus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:49 AM

UMich final 84.2 vs 85.2

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart