- - - - -

And The Music Played On

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
219 replies to this topic

#16 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:45 AM

Happy Birthday Al!
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#17 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:50 AM

NDX Future
Posted Image
Credit: http://money.cnn.com

S&P 500 Future
Posted Image
Credit: http://money.cnn.com

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#18 MichaelT

MichaelT

Stock Proctology Intern

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:51 AM

Well, it's looking like I am going to have a little jam with my toast today.

Cuz, the market always goes up on the day before Tanksgiving according to Yahoo. It's as good areason as any, I suppose.

#19 seamus

seamus

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:51 AM

$5b in 29d repos

#20 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:57 AM

It appears uncle AL is going to keep on printing money, destroying the value of our Dollar and buying back debt as well.

Seems to me that bond investors should be switching to TIPS from regular bonds, and the dang Gold sector might take off alot sooner than I expected...

Reflation eh?? Looks like its upon us...

Who is going to fall for today's banana in the tailpipe?

#21 HardAssets

HardAssets

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:58 AM

Agree employment number make no sense. Many claims expired. I know many people in the IT industry that have been out of work for a year and a half. They want the sheelple to think things are getting better, but they are not. What a shame.

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:59 AM

Glad-----great opening, as usual. A good Thanksgiving message from you.....giving thought about how to share some form of personal prosperity with a person or persons, or creatures, outside of ones family and social circle, especially those with demonstrated needs?

Miracles can be achieved by those who temporarily have more sharing with those who temporarily have less....

Especially in times of darkness, that is the
time to love, that an act of love
might tip the balance.`.....Aeschylus

Each and everyone of us has, someplace within us, the power to `tip the balance.` This is how we love God.

All trade safely and profitably!

#23 Charliss

Charliss

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:01 AM

Forgot to log in and got posted as Guest......still learning

#24 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:06 AM

Very good article from J. Taylor (Kondratieff winter guy) on why fed "reflation" wont work, and is only a symptom of the coming kondratiev winter (Im a big fan of the economist, along with Joseph Schumpeter)

J. TAYLOR'S COMMENTARY

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:08 AM

Cuz, the market always goes up on the day before Tanksgiving according to Yahoo.

Well, then Yahoo is wrong. Considering only the NASDAQ since its creation till now, there have been 25 UP before-Thanksgiving days and 6 DOWN ones (source). So, it's not exactly "always" - although it's quite often.

Never trust a claim about the markets without verifying it yourself. ;)

Regards,
Vesselin

#26 Guest_Yosh_*

Guest_Yosh_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:09 AM

Bont, did you check out my chart on your TA forum?

#27 anoscope

anoscope

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:10 AM

Hope springs eternal, NAS futures up 16!!

Jobless claims declining a bit... perhaps thats because their friggin claims just expired and they cant collect anymore!!!

You know how many IT people are out of work?? Do you realize alot of peeps have gone self employed and aren't looking for a job... I can tell you tons of my friends displaced who are now doing their own thing...

But, I would buy Intel here, after all, its only 40 times earnings

Good day to add to shorts this morning IMHO...

is it still 3 pennies for each dollar on average on q's? I've not shorted q's in forever. I want to short q's either now or near the open (100 shares won't break me if it goes the wrong way).

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:10 AM

Who knows what will work and what won't "work"!
The thing that has THIS observer concerned is that too many seem to be counting on reflating. That's VERY worrisome. Too often the majority are proven wrong by events/time.
And there's hardly any plan "B".
Having Fed-heads run around proclaiming deflation as SNOT being "an (acceptable) option", may FURshadow ™ it's advent.

#29 Yoshaviah

Yoshaviah

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:14 AM

Bontchev, did you see my chart on your TA forum?

#30 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:15 AM

Anyone have data on repos expiring today? I have 14B, but don't know if there are any long term repos maturing too.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart