- - - - -

Missing The Point

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
205 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:45 PM

Simple Guy and Bird D -

Thanks for your 8:31 and 9:02 AM reinforcements of my opening commentary. Knowing when to let go and walk away is, IMO as well, the most important part of the game-in-common we all play.

This from yesterday's New York Post:

Talk about missing the point.

A Pennslyvania man charged with theft was planning to pawn a computer to pay for a rehabilitation program that would clear his criminal record, police said.

How did Ernesto Valdez, 32, get the computer? He stole it, according to police - from a courthouse.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:47 PM

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

PD - looks like the CBOE messed with the Equity volume, the last bump up was exaggerated.
MH - thanks for pointing out this type of CBOE error the last time it happened. I've been watching the volume deltas more closely now since I'm no longer posting them.

Attached Images

• index.12091130.gif

#3 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:48 PM

NAZcrapper....

What the hell was that?

Attached Images

• NAZTIC.GIF

#4 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:50 PM

The invisible hand.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#5 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:51 PM

I dunno but SimpleGuy called it. :D
Of course I'm caustic!

#6 Hypertiger

Hypertiger

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:51 PM

KONDRATIEFF WINTER = SNOW
"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money (at the request of the consumer) we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon." --Robert H. Hemphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank,1938...

#7 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:52 PM

The invisible hand.

I can understand the invisible hand increasing the TICK, but TRIN also spiked big. That didnt make sense.

#8 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:56 PM

Now the Hand's middle finger has started pushing too. I wonder how many fingers we'll get today.... I wonder...... :o
Of course I'm caustic!

#9 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:57 PM

Hyper, more like blizzard :o

#10 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:57 PM

KONDRATIEFF WINTER = SNOW

that's weird. :huh: hyper do you get crapeuro? TA guy was just on talking kondratieff, saying he thought we were due for a "smack down" before starting a march rally.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#11 Guest_BEARDRECH_*

Guest_BEARDRECH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:59 PM

hey fokker
how do those wall strreet jerkoffs manage to indulge in their financial auto-eroticisms with an INVISIBLE hand???
Maybe its an invincible hand---
Why am i so excited ?wouldn't u b if someone put paprika in YOUR jockstrap?(my new test logo)
Beardrech

#12 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:00 PM

In the immortal words of Firesign Theatre, roll up your sleeve and bend over. Hopefully, not for long.
Of course I'm caustic!

#13 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:00 PM

Looks like the semi-vincible hand is ramping and someone's selling into it?

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#14 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:03 PM

GF, selling into strength, maybe they're catching on, a chance to get the hell outta here :grin:

all pumps will VAPORIZE.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:07 PM

I see a possible bear flag. A nice 20-pts dump on the Sit & Pee would make a nice birthday gift.:grin:

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart