- - - - -

Something Basic And Worthy Of Repetiton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
210 replies to this topic

#31 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:32 AM

12 point gap down open to COMPX 1410. TRINQ 1.49, QQV +3.71 to 47.44. BIG spike in NDX volatility!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#32 Cchan

Cchan

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:33 AM

is the feed data out yet? 1 day befor fomc meeting normally means no feed, let's see how it goes

#33 simple guy

simple guy

Elliott Professor Emeritus of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:33 AM

As posted in Pre-Market today

Q's should see 25.50 ish soon, if not today, this morning etc.

A bounce to 26 to 26.10 ish...

A move to 24.25-24.50...

Im staying short this week...

#34 simple guy

simple guy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:34 AM

How much longer can the "invisible" hand keep interfering??

Today should be interesting...

#35 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:35 AM

QQQ afterhours on friday I spotted a 1,600,000 share trade at 25.95 when the normal prints were going off at 26.50 or so. Trade occured at 4:17 PM. just 2 minutes after the normal 4:15 PM close for the major ETFs. Does anyone know what this means/indicates? Was it simply MM/brokerages squaring off or what? Am most curious.

#36 simple guy

simple guy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:37 AM

Rockhead

THat happens frequently with individual stocks also, it's usually a computer glitch or late trade report from the morning getting squared up...

A non issue anyhow... its clear what the trend is for this week I think... 25.95 is going to look expensive by weeks end...

#37 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:38 AM

guten tag liebe stoolies!

gawd do i feel sick today, like fokker felt 2 weeks ago. :cry: :angry:
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#38 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:39 AM

I think Undiedog had to go save a bull. We'll all have to look at Madonna for a while.

sweef, i missed this avatar.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:39 AM

200 years, eh? Oh, well, at least we know what is likely to end the next big bull market. :)

Nice recovery in gold. Could it, might it?... Nahh, I don't think so - not this time - but one could dream, eh? ;)

#40 cyclist

cyclist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:43 AM

News story Market News Service says that Fridays unemployment numbert to be revised
I've heard the BLS confirms this

#41 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:45 AM

guten tag liebe stoolies!

gawd do i feel sick today, like fokker felt 2 weeks ago. :cry: :angry:

Ginger ale, jello, warm tea, and the very softest toilet paper you can find :blink: If it's what I had, it'll be over in about 24 hours. Mousey Dung took 36 to recover, but I'm a Canuck :grin:

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#42 anoscope

anoscope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:47 AM

News story Market News Service says that Fridays unemployment numbert to be revised
I've heard the BLS confirms this

up?

#43 Guest_soup1_*

Guest_soup1_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:48 AM

Frim todays WSJ ; What the bulls want for xmas: "What investors would like from the next Treasury secretary is a guy who makes the stock market go up -- and not just when he steps down. Paul O'Neill tried that, but stocks hardly responded because, of course, the gyrations of the market are out of one pol's control.

"

#44 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:51 AM

fokker,
i think it is montezumas revenge, but hey, i havent been to mexico lately! :lol:
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#45 cyclist

cyclist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:51 AM

don't know. A GS guy told me that many felt there were errors in the data. Thanksgiving late, yadda yadda yadda...

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart