- - - - -

A New Beginning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
153 replies to this topic

#16 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:09 AM

Argentina's Merval index hit 500 this morning ... up from 200 at the end of last year.

Can the mighty SOX be far behind? It hit 375 yesterday. :blink:
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#17 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:10 AM

kind of ot, but can anyone recommend a decent broker ( options and stock). Just got booted from mother merrill, they said I traded too much in my unlimted cma. Thanks

I'm a fan of optionsXpress, which is great for options AND stock. Great website, el cheapo comms, very solid and reliable.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#18 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 84,098 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:13 AM

gif files are the smallest and work fine for charts. The charts I publish in the Anals are 15 to 20 k. They are copied and pasted from Metastock. That is plenty big enough for a good size chart. Even a chart twice as big would only be 30K. Any chart file larger than that is not optimized.

An alternative would be to post the chart to your personal web space and link to it. Almost all isp's provide personal web space.

The problem is not space. It is processing power. When 100 people call a page at the same time, it's a problem. The server will not handle it.

On the old board, we did not have the ability to upload charts. This is a nice feature, but it has to be limited. Otherwise the board will not work very well.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#19 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 84,098 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:20 AM

Greg- post a link to the charts!

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#20 Charliss

Charliss

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:22 AM

"The problem is not space. It is processing power. When 100 people call a page at the same time. It's a problem. My current server will not handle it. "....Doc

To paraphrase Neo in the film "The Matrix" as he was about to do battle with the matrix: Charts. I want charts. I want lots of charts.

Good morning everyone. Have a safe and profitable day!

#21 Guest_soup1_*

Guest_soup1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:24 AM

Check out this clip from todays WSJ, I guess we are looking at a different mkt? I saw futures 7 or so bucks below fair value. "* * *
U.S. stocks were steered toward a positive opening early Tuesday after the government released its strong report on economic growth. Shares in Asia ended lower, while stocks in Europe were little changed." ///// GF THanks, do they have quotes?

#22 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:29 AM

Level 2 for ITRA looks like $1.30+.

#23 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:29 AM

The US Dollar

Gold

NDX fuk-u-tures

SPX fuk-u-tures

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#24 Bearman

Bearman

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,811 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:31 AM

bulls jumping ship? goberant # not to be trusted!
they are to be sold! lol :lol:

#25 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:32 AM

The quote screens are excellent on optionsXpress.

#26 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:33 AM

Bulls should look at the dashboard fuel guage so they can see how far they can go while looking in the rear view mirror going forward

Posted Image
21st Century

They have 48% sentiment fuel left to drive home, and when the dial reaches 7 its time to turn around for a bear supper.
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#27 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:37 AM

Out of 60% of ITRA.

#28 HardAssets

HardAssets

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:37 AM

Hi DOc. Your premarket chart graphic is busted.

#29 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:39 AM

gif files are the smallest and work fine for charts. The charts I publish in the Anals are 15 to 20 k. They are copied and pasted from Metastock. That is plenty big enough for a good size chart. Even a chart twice as big would only be 30K. Any chart file larger than that is not optimized.

An alternative would be to post the chart to your personal web space and link to it. Almost all isp's provide personal web space.

The problem is not space. It is processing power. When 100 people call a page at the same time, it's a problem. The server will not handle it.

On the old board, we did not have the ability to upload charts. This is a nice feature, but it has to be limited. Otherwise the board will not work very well.

Doc....help.

Same exact file saved as ....GIF size is 980,138 bytes. JPG 78,200 bytes, BMP 980,138 bytes (same as GIF). How do I optimze the chart file?

Dont have a personal web page as I hold the ISP account as a corporate account and I am self employed. They want additional dinero for the corporate account web pages....not forking that up as I dont gain a benefit from it.

#30 Guest_soup1_*

Guest_soup1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:44 AM

What a shocker , they are buying the "dip"

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart