Proprietary Trading Programs

Racketeering week and pre racketeering are a reality and must be taken into account. Can't get around it. It's there. I covered a few shorts last week, and switched into a few new ones that were more promising for near term swings. Today at about 1:30PM est I covered all shorts. Profits taken. I am still waiting to enter any gold stock. So now I am all cash. Additionally, Doc's work is a tremendous help, and so are all the really good postings here at Stool. I will be watching to get back in, and maybe missing a few $ will be ok....a small price to pay for peace of mind and regrouping....

Covered various core shorts today @1330 about 70% and everything from Decemebr on. Posted at 1332 on IDS FTFOI. Some large ETF shorts breaking down the equipment and getting out of the rolling tanks way...

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.p...=3&t=1655&st=40

Oops...just in...Philips lays off 1600 more paycheck collectors. Looks like more Europe bourses may be heaving and retching again this A.M. back to 1994 levels.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we standing in for other people? Since HT doesn't seem to be around let me say that in 13 to 18 months none of us will be alive, no currently established governments will exist, and the land (at least all of N America) will be ruled by warlords. For reference, rent Mad Maxx Thunderdome or Escape from NY, or maybe Waterworld. All the buildings will be reduced to smoldering rubble, and the only mediums of exchange will be silver and gold coins, 24 packs of toilet paper, and edible consumables. Stock up now. My garage is already full floor to ceiling with 24 packs of Kirkland double ply from Costco.

Wrecked him

Trying to stay with your post, reading it for the third time. Great stuff, I recently purchased Neelys book but know it will be months before I read it. May get a boxers fracture or two trying to understand it all...lol. With my funnymentals and your technicals on amgn we cant go wrong...keep up the good work.

I remember when I first started shorting. Most overvalued stocks always go up. Bigger the short position higher it would go.

Look at the moving average ribbon. What does it says?

Take care.

post-7-1047540558.gif

By the way HT, I'm not sure when you started saying 13-18 mos, but you have to adjust it with each passing month. I know you said 13-18 in February, not sure if you were saying that earlier like late last year. Since it was 13-18 in Feb, for example, and we are March now, you should be using 12-17 now I think. Or best thing would be to give dates which don't have be adjusted. POR by 3/04-8/04 for example.

Massive gap up in UK this morning on relatively small US reversal last night...

Note Far East indices predominantly down.....

Smells a bit rotten to me.....trapping people in like this does not signal a rally to me...

Regarding yesterdays action - see my post - about 5th at premarket IDS...stated I almost expected a reversal. So sadly predictable. In fact the best way of making a buck as a day trader is reversing gap ups/ down.

Still riding the waves - have a plan and sticking to it. 780 on Spoos at least, but prob less than that.... (next 2-4 week timeframe). Will reverse then. Not ruling out a rise today in US. However, I do not day-trade therefore do not worry about short lived panic-rallies....

All the best,

Mark

Say, there, Jimbo, itz probably "popping" not "poping" u meant to say...

Just guessin....

The BARE has never seen so many NERVUSSSS NELLIES in his LIFE.

FUR too many around here a runnin' FUR cover, wringing hands about cycles, jamjobs, option expiration and whathaveu, expectin some major POP a comin'. Even CrawFURd thinks one's gonna happen this month.

oh, YEAH?

Well, lettuce take it one day at a time, shall we???

The BARE is still heavily short.

And dissssssGUSTed at the nervousness he sees here.

of course, y'all might be RIGHT and The BARE may get his CLOCK CLEANED by SNOT payin' 'nuff attention.

Butt HRFF is going to stick his ARSE out and say a few things.

He thought breaking 801 important. FURther he thought the ease we slid to 790'sh was a bad portent FUR bullz. They shouldawouldacoulda fought HARDER FUR 800. They didn't, or couldn't.

He thinks if a rally comes in here it a.) won't go FUR and b.) won't lASSt 'long' (if you'll pardon use of the woid) He hASS great confidence in HAYWIRE theory, especially in the context of this INSANE war we're about to wage. Why The Shrub can't even get the PRELIMINARIES right! What makes y'all think something will come along to permit a huge rally NOW?

FURther, he thinks the war WON'T go NEARLY ass well as it's planners are COUNTING on FUR the brutally simple reason that war NEVER goes well, or, at least according to PLANS.

(Unless you're the Wehrmacht, of course, in 1939-1941)

The BARE doesn't think there's going to be a rally PRE or POST war the way nearly EVERY Tom, Dick and Harry does.

He thinks the markets are suffering from what he is beginning to suspect just MAY be the terminal phase of capitalism going haywire, albeit VERY slowly and in it's VERY nascent stage(s). That's really what we're witnessing, now, globally. EVERY major economy is in trouble and, speaking of bombs, there are huge ones ready to detonate - mostly debt-related.

NO one has the answers - just look at the fumbling/bumbling/stumbling in the world's second largest economy, and they are beginning to push the panic button.

Capitalism clearly isn't dead - butt it's mortally ill and headed FUR a hospice - one without adequate life support.

And no war will change that, either.

Mankind proposes, the markets dispose. And BOY are they "disposing"!!!

DBS,

I hope you are LONG and Stay that way. :angry:

:lol:

Hey GTN showed up - he was bearish..

Yeah, that's the bad news.

Usually when the bears are s***in' in the woods, and picking fights with each other, we go down big the next day. But we've never had GTN go bearish at the same time. Sideways motion tomorrow?

gtn talks bearish but he puts his money in like a bull. still holding a long position but hoping down???? :blink:

I've just finished deleting a slew of posts.

If you disagree with each other, then do so like adults. If you cannot, then keep it to yourself. Namecalling, insults, telling each other to go away, telling others to stop posting or to slit their throats will get your post deleted. If you seriously think that you've got enough on the ball to tell another poster that his analysis, opinion, bias or focus is not worth others' consideration, then think again.

The stuff I just read and deleted was an embarassment to this board.

Archived