Photo

More Robot Volatility

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
145 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:15 PM

PD, you da man! BBOX down 20% AH -- unbelieveable how you hit on those junk stocks ready to implode! I remember NPSP and CERS and their huge gap down a while ago...It's great man.

#17 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:16 PM

sweef, got any more info on the quake warnings you received? TIA.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#18 sweefraapp

sweefraapp

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:19 PM

Phat: I thought there were three, but I deleted some emails today and so I didn't want to claim it.

Regional Location: INDONESIA

Magnitude: 6.4M

Greenwich Mean Date: 2003/03/10
Greenwich Mean Time: 02:09:37
Latitude: 1.70N
Longitude: 127.23E
Focal depth: 100.0km
Analysis Quality: HALM

Regional Location: NEW IRELAND REGION, P.N.G.

Magnitude: 6.8M

Greenwich Mean Date: 2003/03/11
Greenwich Mean Time: 07:27:32
Latitude: 4.70S
Longitude: 153.13E
Focal depth: 33.0km
Analysis Quality: A

#19 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:21 PM

Hey it's just a thought and I don't know if anyone else has bought it up but re - Buffett's latest report on the risks of derivatives, I have 2 questions;

1) Do you think he reads this board?
2) If yes, then what name does he post under?

Rog, Soup, Machinehead or Doc :P

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#20 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,444 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:24 PM

I want to remind everyone before it happens, war discussions on this thread are ok only as, and if, they relate to the market. Please no gratuitous political jabs or extended diatribes. We all know there are two sides to this argument. If you feel an uncontrollable urge to express yourself on the war or politics, please relieve yourself on Political Stool, not here.

Many tanks in advance.

Doc

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#21 merciless

merciless

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:24 PM

woooooooooooowwwwwwwwzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

nice work major piles, BBOX a true steaming pile, more mojo for dodo.

extinction level events all around, sweet smell of rinds in the morning.

bwhahaahahhaahahhahaahha

smoke 'em piles - smoke 'em

so says i,

MERCILESS

#22 wndysrf

wndysrf

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • 34,219 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:27 PM

Attn: Vesselin & others:

Technical Question Everybody:

During this decline, we have lower lows on lower volume, and higher highs on the McClellan Oscillator.

How can you tell when we are going lower, or when to spot a reversal due to a positive divergence?

If I recall, we had the exact same setup before last year's March Madness. A few big negative TICK days, a 90% down day, and a positive divergence.

Swenlin
PigMen Proprietary Trading Desk

The Weimar Run: Bullphoria!!!!

#23 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:28 PM

PD, you da man! BBOX down 20% AH -- unbelieveable how you hit on those junk stocks ready to implode! I remember NPSP and CERS and their huge gap down a while ago...It's great man.

isn't that kick-ass! :P

Its those huge winners that make it all worth while and why its very important to short a 10-15 stock sector diversified portfolio instead of just one or two picks.

With that killing in BBOX it makes the very short lived pathetic rally attempt in ALTR not worth worrying about.

VectorVest.com. $550/yr well worth the dues. Trust me, I'm making a killing in this slide and there's plenty-o slide left. :lol:

#24 depends

depends

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:34 PM

Hey Calculus - did you hear about the constipated mathematician? He worked it out with a pencil. :blink:

Pile - you doin the honors?

Had to cover my BER short for only a few hundred in the green. They nounced news of an .11 cent dividend increase
so I covered fast. It jumped about .40 cents. and will likely go up a dollar tomorrow. For an .11 cent increase!! sheesh!

#25 The End

The End

Anything is possible!

• Moderators
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:37 PM

Train kept a rollin' all night long.

Piles,

BBOX. Good for you! :)

Anybody notice that the dow closed below the july low today? B)

still short.
NONE of what I type, should be taken as financial advice.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to loose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, alone
Dragged down by the stone.

--Waters

#26 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:42 PM

Train kept a rollin' all night long.

Piles,

BBOX. Good for you! :)

Anybody notice that the dow closed below the july low today? B)

still short.

The XMI is about 4 points away from a new bear market low. The trannies about 25 points from a new bear low.

They've been leading this entire decline. Wouldn't expect to see them stop now.

#27 PileDriver

PileDriver

Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:47 PM

Tanks TE.

Mark, the McClellan ozzie is indeed suggesting a very ST pop. That would be great, I would welcome it with open arms. I would love to see a little relief rally right up into the Bradley March 13th turn date that way the market can fall more :lol:

Looking at the Summation the IT trend remains down and that's what I follow now. BPI's aren't low enough to suggest a durable bottom yet and VIX and p/c ratios are not either, in fact they're still indicating a top - holy crap, when will those dippers give up?!

To me the ST pops don't matter, I positioned when it was the lowest risk time to do so (Dec/Jan), sitting on a huge pile of steaming dung and coin, and I don't have to worry and fret as much now. With each passing day it gets easier and easier as the noose tightens around my pieces of CRAPOLA.

The hard part is entering, that's why I pushed myself to get in back then. But more importantly the trick is to STAY IN and not let pops trick you out. That's why you have to follow IT indicators as well as ST ones.

Getting out solves one problem but gives you another - you have to figure out how to get back in.

When opportunity knocks...well you know.

#28 purdymouth

purdymouth

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:47 PM

NEWTON, Iowa -- Maytag Corp. (NYSE:MYG - News) warned it won't meet first-quarter expectations, as results began to weaken in February.

The appliance maker didn't provide specifics as to new guidance, but did say operating earnings in February were 25% below plan. It cited "weak volumes and deteriorating sales-mix shift to lower-priced models" of its Hoover floor-care products, as well as the weak overall retail environment.

When the company released its fourth-quarter results in January, Maytag said it expected "normalized" first-quarter earnings of 70 cents a share. The company didn't define "normalized."

#29 flockofsheeples

flockofsheeples

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:55 PM

BBOX warns big. Halted.

cashed out of some DOW puts this am and bought puts on this pig. HAHA tanks for playing!! :lol: :lol:
I don't know why they call it hamburger helper...it seems to do just fine on its own-Uncle Eddie, "Family Vacation"

#30 FeedFool

FeedFool

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:56 PM

There is more down side. Only thing we have to worry about is the coming scam week. Bears have more chance at making money from spring till autumn. Itís going be one hot summer. Then the bull phase comes during the cold seasons, and then bears just have to hibernate or get slaughtered.

Far as I can see that war rally every one is looking for may not come since we may not get a war. Buyer and sellers are all waiting for the war rally. One can say we are in a limbo land with wind coming out slowly.

Here is a chart. Looks like we are near the top not the bottoms. Not at the fear stage just completion fear will come latter. Bulls and Bears are craping in their pants.

Attached Images

• untitled.gif

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart