- - - - -

All In A Day's Work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
341 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

From Amazing Animal Videos on the Animal Planet Station last night:

A penguin that goes shopping!

Down the main street in a Japanese coastal fishing town waddles Lola the penguin. Wearing a penguin-sized and shaped backpack she's been sent to town by her owner to pick up their daily supply of fish.

She gets to the store, then waddles through the open front door where she is greeted by the smiling store keeper.

Who pops a fish into her mouth as her reward.

And then pops open the backback into which goes the fish in a plastic bag for her owner.

Who had rescued her a number of years ago after she was found entangled in a fishing net.

And then Lola waddles out of the store and makes the return trip home.

All in a day's work.

#2 Miss Moneypenny

Miss Moneypenny

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:55 AM

Good morning Glad and fellow stoolies! Looks like we are FINALLY seeing an indication in the overnight futures that this beast is goin' down today -- they kept it up all night long (reminds me of a guy I once knew in college...but that's another story) -- FINALLY beginning to show signs of ugliness as morning arrives (hmmm..kind of like that guy in college again).

I'm so proud that I finally figured out how to post a chart! :rolleyes:
Posted Image
The moment you stop and analyze what "should" be happening, instead of what "is" happening,
is the moment you have to hand your money to the next trader - Blackbelt
Call me kinky, but I pay to see Doc's Anals!

#3 strikerm3

strikerm3

Master of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:01 AM

It seems like QQQ should be down more since ORCL, DELL, CSCO, and INTC are all down :huh:
Ive got this feeling its another volatile but flat in the end day.

#4 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:01 AM

The US Dollar
Posted Image
Credit: http://quotes.ino.com

Gold
Posted Image
Credit: http://cdchart.innovative-software.com

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#5 The brown one

The brown one

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:03 AM

In Amsterdam index falling off a cliff-rumors of dodgy bookkeeping at Unilever and Fortis bank.

Oyster was right-at least for Dutch market!

#6 wrecked him

wrecked him

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:04 AM

Good morning:

I don't have the updated prices for the $Nikk but I have a close of 8144 which is down 225 points and a break of a multiple touch bottom. This index should go down at least the length of the green line and possibly further. BTW, see the first low of 8197. Interesting, exactly 1000 points higher than the October lows of 7197 on the DOW.

Posted Image

Commencing C wave to October lows. Potential motive move marked out in green lines

Posted Image

1 and 2 of potential 5 wave move outlined

Posted Image

Close up of 2. This count makes my brain hurts but seems to fit. I have an alternate count but it get us to the same place(end of 2)

Posted Image

Close up view of 1 and 2 of 3. I can't count 2, and the only thing I have that is close is a potentially expanding triangle. It is weak, I admit and will just have to wait and see how it settles.

Posted Image

Regards

WH
A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future

#7 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,387 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:04 AM

Looks like they had a trading halt during the PR conference. Then they voted.

The markets losing confidence in political leadership is not a bullish development.

Hey, did anyone notice that Doc featured the statement, "One of these days Alice. One of these days!" in the Anals, the night BEFORE former Fed governor Alice Rivlin made here statement about the Fed being out of bullets?

Call me Karnak Stool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How you NYCASS stoolies doing this morning?

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#8 K Wave Rider

K Wave Rider

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 29,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:05 AM

Europe getting smashed to new bear market lows. Big story is that Prudential apparently has not been very prudent.

Time to strap on those freshly cleaned helmets.

#9 wrecked him

wrecked him

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:11 AM

Elliot: Wave 3 IS A WONDER TO BEHOLD!!!
Posted Image

Regards

WH
A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future

#10 strikerm3

strikerm3

Master of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:14 AM

there we go!!! 24.15 on the QQQ!! :D

#11 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:22 AM

Looking forward to seeing short term targets and projections here. COMPX 1298 will get gapped out, so should 1290-92. I will NOT let myself get flagpoled to hell another time.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#12 Miss Moneypenny

Miss Moneypenny

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:22 AM

Non-farm payrolls out at 8:30 this morning -- just a heads up for the early morning Stoolies

Some economists lowered their forecasts this week.
The moment you stop and analyze what "should" be happening, instead of what "is" happening,
is the moment you have to hand your money to the next trader - Blackbelt
Call me kinky, but I pay to see Doc's Anals!

#13 Major Bottom

Major Bottom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:23 AM

Looks like they had a trding halt during the PR conference. Then they voted.

The markets losing confidence in political leadership is not a bullish development.

Hey, did anyone notice that Doc featured the statement, "One of these days Alice. One of these days!" in the Anals, the night BEFORE, former Fed governor Alice Rivlin made here statment about the Fed being out of bullets?

Call me Karnak Stool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How you NYCASS stoolies doing this morning?

Doc, you’re a regular Nastradombass

#14 fxfox

fxfox

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:23 AM

bonjour stoolville! :lol:

doc,
very sad story about your baseball team in 1964. Had once same experience with my football (soccer) team. After 24 of 34 rounds they were at 6th place in first divison, best season of club history, then within a week or so 7 or 8 of the "first 11" did get injuries. The club lost all the last 10 games, became 16th of the table and relegated to Second divison and since then never came back into 1 divison (in european sport they have this relegation and promotion thing between the leagues, first divison you play in front of a 70,000 crowd or so, third dvision in front of 2,000 or so)
'patriot' is formed with 'patria' and 'idiot'

#15 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • 83,387 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, but I guess I was wrong about not seeing a waterfall. :lol: :lol:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart