Photo
- - - - -

Mark To Market Virtually

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 11:28 PM

Hi all,

I'm down in Virginia for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to pop in for a moment and wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Pile that :ph34r: is, I believe, a Muslim Smiley (sure looks like the Muslim Smilies I see around NYC). :D

#92 torah man

torah man

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 12:21 AM

Hi all,

I'm down in Virginia for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to pop in for a moment and wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Pile that :ph34r: is, I believe, a Muslim Smiley (sure looks like the Muslim Smilies I see around NYC). :D

i thought it was a ninja smiley. if anyone finds out muslem women are hanging out here, then there may be riots like in nigeria.

good holidays to all

#93 anoscope

anoscope

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 01:04 AM

http://www.financial...y/wednesday.htm

The cesspool known as the US Stock Market.   We're going to have to do a serious Roto-Rooter job in 2003 to finally clense it of these floating turds.

BTW, what the hell is this smiley depict -->  :ph34r:   ???

hover your mouse over the smiley, the name of the icon will 'pop up' (or is that poop up in stoolie language?). The name says 'phear' aka fear in ElIt3 code (backwards 3 is an E, 4 is an A)

#94 martialcomp

martialcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 01:32 AM

I am hoping this rally will soon be over and we will be back to reality again.

This rally looks like a huge bear market rally, a technical bounce. It also feels A LOT like a "January effect" front run. Every year, the markets are front run earlier and earlier.

Then, we had the Feed announcement of 50 bp a while back.

All of the ridiculous reasons to rally may soon be used up.

Hopefully, Brian is right and reality sets in next week.

Have a Great Thanksgiving everyone!

#95 Hypertiger

Hypertiger

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 01:47 AM

Steep down days should be "defended" all it would take is 2 in a row to start a sell off that might be self feeding... but have to see, Monday would be a purfect day for profit taking/corection to let off some steam... Especially if they can blast Friday...
"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money (at the request of the consumer) we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon." --Robert H. Hemphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank,1938...

#96 MaxxPain

MaxxPain

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 02:24 AM

If there is a conspiracy to pump the consumer's feeling of wealth before the big xmas shopping season wouldn't it make sense to have a big day in the markets right before Thanksgiving.

#97 Hypertiger

Hypertiger

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 03:16 AM

yup...
"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money (at the request of the consumer) we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon." --Robert H. Hemphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank,1938...

#98 torah man

torah man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 10:03 AM

lets close this thread and move to the new thread.

mark to market - thanksgiving.

http://www.capitalst...act=ST&f=2&t=30

have a great holiday.

#99 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,442 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 12:04 PM

I guess that's my cue, huh? :huh:

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart